lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Monkey Island 1 remake - help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
paprik123456
Rookie

Current Game: Indiana jones
Monkey Island 1 remake - help

Hi Guys, I am looking for reliable experienced programer for Monkey Island remake, which gone be done very soon. Graphics looks really good. You must know MI story good too. Pls let me know.

2D/3D Artist and Animator
Patrik Spacek
paprik123456 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
How much have you done so far? Do you have any work completed? Artwork, characters, anything?

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
Resley
Lurker

Hi Patrik
I read your notes in the other forum about the Monkey Island remake (where they were talking about screen resolutions instead;-)) and saw the pictures at your homepage. They're great! I'm interested in drawing the characters (or some of them) if you still want a 2D version. In my opinion the remake must be in 2D, otherwise the click&point feeling gets lost. That would be sad.
Another important thing: if I'm going to draw Guybrush in the remake of MI1 I don't want him as he appears in MI3 (like Goofy). Sure, Guybrush is not a real hero but nevertheless he's quite confident and not such a softie. Here is my sketch drawing as an example: http://picasaweb.google.com/resther....45344459339186
I hope you understood my bad english (I'm swiss by the way) and I'm looking forward to the remake of MI1.
Resley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
tizerist
Lurker

paprik, its very good to see you still in the process of doing this!

soon finished you say? i only discovered one of your posts about this project about half an hour ago! only problem was the posts were over 2 years old. i never expected to come across you again, i thought this would be dead in the water, like so many fan-games end up being.

please please keep us updated on this. this looks like being the best MI game since MI4.
tizerist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
ThunderPeel2001
Lovebucket

Hi Paprik, you need to be more specific in your requests. There's a lot of talented programmers out there, but you're not clear about what you need. Are you going to make the characters 3D? If so, that would require a TREMENDOUS amount of work, even if you used the models from Escape from Monkey Island (which wouldn't be a bad idea).

Using 2D models would be very much easier, as you could use pre-exiting software to create your adventure game (AGS - www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk for example).

You're clearly a very talented artist, I love the examples I've seen (and I imagine they look even better now, too), please don't get your project stuck while trying to find someone who's prepared to spend months creating a 3D graphic adventure engine.

Good luck!

ThunderPeel2001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
BigMike322
Rookie

I definitly want to check it out when it's done.

Darth Venom
BigMike322 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Mish87
Rookie

I'd love to have worked with this clown if he wasn't so far up his own......ego?
Mish87 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > Monkey Island 1 remake - help