lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: XP HATES ME
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
processedcheese
Lurker

Angry XP HATES ME

OMG. So jah. Unlike everyone else who has XP I can install it and gameplay is fine... but I CANNOT SAVE or USE PREVIOUSLY SAVED GAMES on this site... I extracted the file and moved it to c/programfiles/lucasarts/grim..... and yet it doesn't show up as being there when i open the game.... anyone else have a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated greatly! Thanks!
processedcheese is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Du Man

I currently lack the resources to test your problem, but there is this thread on a tutorial for XP that might help you.

Otherwise, sorry for the IT "on button" question, but did you press F1 and saved your game through the main menu and all, but then you loaded the game and then were unable to load your previous saved game, right? Did you try the option on the installer menu (the one that always opens first when you open GF, you know, the musical guys around the ash tray) that let's you run the game from your last saved game?
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #3
processedcheese
Lurker

Post Wow

Okay so it wouldn't let me open it from the get go but if I start the game up and load a save it does show.. yet when I go to resume game at the beginning screen it won't work... Thank you Du Man. At least it's a glitch I can surpass.
processedcheese is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #4
Du Man

0_o, can you load a saved file from the very first screen or the ingame menu? I'm kind of confused whether what I told you worked or not in the way I intended
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > XP HATES ME