lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Importing Sounds to Movie Maker
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
homiJ15
Rookie

Importing Sounds to Movie Maker

Is there anyway to import the sounds to say a program like movie maker so u can use them in movies?
homiJ15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
Samuel Dravis

The sounds are in the .pk3 files in the /base folder. .pk3 files are simply .zip files renamed; rename the assets*.pk3 files to assets*.zip and you should be able to open them and find what you need.

XP has a built-in zip viewer, so getting in shouldn't be troublesome; if so, you could use utilities such as quickzip, pkzip, winzip, etc.

I'm not sure which .pk3 file the sound effects are in (they're mp3/wavs as I recall), but it shouldn't be too hard to find them - there's only a few .pk3s in the /base folder.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
homiJ15
Rookie

yeah that did the trick, thanks dude, but even though this isnt the KOTOR section, it would appear you know what your talking about, so do you know how to get the sounds and music from KOTOR to play on movie maker, i have already tried Miles Sound System but it says it dosent have the right codec, is their any other way to get them? also for JO, where are the weapon sounds at, i cant seem to find them, still though thanks for the JO help

Last edited by homiJ15; 07-21-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
Samuel Dravis

I looked it up a bit. Are you sure you have the Miles Sound Tools, not the demo system? Here's the download link for those (top selection). Some more help on this thread, section 3 - has a picture too. Glad I could help.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
homiJ15
Rookie

yeah i do have the tools and it wont compress it for me
Old 08-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
Spider03
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis View Post
The sounds are in the .pk3 files in the /base folder. .pk3 files are simply .zip files renamed; rename the assets*.pk3 files to assets*.zip and you should be able to open them and find what you need.

XP has a built-in zip viewer, so getting in shouldn't be troublesome; if so, you could use utilities such as quickzip, pkzip, winzip, etc.

I'm not sure which .pk3 file the sound effects are in (they're mp3/wavs as I recall), but it shouldn't be too hard to find them - there's only a few .pk3s in the /base folder.
lots of thanks for that great trick! I've been looking for that great game's musics...(espacially yavin final's themes)...and i can find it with your ways...lots of thanks again...and may the for be with you!
Spider03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Importing Sounds to Movie Maker