lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to make a portrait for kotor 2 ?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Malak_Jedi
Lurker

Question How to make a portrait for kotor 2 ?

I have a problem I wanted to play as Malak so I downloaded a robe pack so far so good, than i changed something with the savegame editor but i dont knoiw hiw to make an icon or portrait for malak.

see the picture if helps.

Anyone who knows please send me a message.
Malak_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hey making a portrait is a funny old buisness which I still havent fully understood, they need to be in .tga format and in ONLY 24 bit colour and 128 X 128 pixels (if I recall correctly). Photoshop is probably the best way to produce them. Save it as the name of the already exsistant players portrait and stick it in the override folder. That should work however something with the Alpha Channels can also cause a portrait not to show up although I haven't figured that out yet. Hope that helps

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2007, 11:32 AM   #3
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Save it as the name of the already exsistant players portrait and stick it in the override folder.
Or you could do some good old .2da editing of portraits.2da to create a unique portrait for any given character.

Here would be what the row would look like if you would want to edit portraits.2da:
Code:
baseresref=po_<insert name here>
sex=0
appearancenumber=32
race=6
inanimatetype=****
plot=0
lowgore=****
appearance_s=32
appearance_l=32
forpc=0
baseresrefe=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefve=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefvve=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefvvve=po_<insert name here>
As was mentioned, the dimensions of a portrait in TSL is 128*128

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Balatro
Or you could do some good old .2da editing of portraits.2da to create a unique portrait for any given character.

Here would be what the row would look like if you would want to edit portraits.2da:
Code:
baseresref=po_<insert name here>
sex=0
appearancenumber=32
race=6
inanimatetype=****
plot=0
lowgore=****
appearance_s=32
appearance_l=32
forpc=0
baseresrefe=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefve=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefvve=po_<insert name here>
baseresrefvvve=po_<insert name here>
As was mentioned, the dimensions of a portrait in TSL is 128*128
Hehe, well I'm sure editing the .2da's is probably the best way I have about as much scripting ability as President Bush has intelligence Wish I could script as would love to mod Peragus to make it more interesting, but unfortunatly I really don't get it and don't think I ever will Ah well, as is life; hope what we have said is of some help Malak_Jedi

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Malak_Jedi
Lurker

Darth Balatro you have experience with creating portraits, I dont want to anger you but I dont no anything about .2da editing.

So if you would be so calm or good to explin it to me in slowly steps.

In meantime i have managed to make an icon it isnt a good but it doesnt matter , with the help of another forum fend who also isnt experinced i made it.

see the picture.

Please explin to me the creating of portraits.
Malak_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Heya Dude, I've made you a fairly decent portrait of Malak, he has his jawpiece though is that an issue? Anyways if you want it PM your email address and I can email it to you to have a look and see what you think, if you do decide to use it, all you need to do is rename it to your pc heads portrait and stick it in your override. :-)

Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Dragoon ZER0
Rookie

Current Game: Baldur's Gate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak_Jedi
Please explin to me the creating of portraits.
I just position the character I want the shot of against a decent backdrop and have another character view him/her/it in first person view, take a screenshot, and cut out what I want. If you use the game's built in screenshot feature, it's already a .tga.

I'm not very good at editing images so it's probably not the best thing you've ever seen, but you can have it if you want it.
Dragoon ZER0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
Adelphus
Rookie

http://rapidshare.com/files/47842491/Final.rar.html

I created this for the Kotor 1 Malak PC a little while back, just rename it and you should be fine. Hope it helps
Adelphus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > How to make a portrait for kotor 2 ?