lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: TSLRP II: The Un-Restored Content
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
Darth Balor

K2RP: The Un-Restored Content

The Sith Lords is a really great game with lots of options and and great storyline. But the story line has been wounded, and major plot points left unmade. And there are still plenty of cool awesome things that TG is leaving out. Like Atris becoming darth traya, the ravager destrying telos, and other cool things.

First of all I want to officially say as Team Leader of K2RP "Team-Exile" that we ARE officially announcing our mod which is a patch for the TG patch. Also I want to give you all an idea of what this modification will entail. I have seperated the mod into 3 parts that will be "completed", tested and set for release in their number order.

Part 1: All of the small non-plot changing things restored.
Part 2: Korriban, M4-78, and the ebon hawk scens.
Part 3: Telos, The Ravager, & Malachor V.

Now the major accomplishments in the project are going to be M4-78 and the Redemption of Kreia on dantoine along with the Fall of Atris because the voice files for the last two are not present in the game. Here are the team members that will be making it possible to get the content we need and who are helping to modify it...

· Website Designer ·
-----Ayrian-----

· Area Designers ·
---Darth Balor---
--Ulic and Cay--
--Swfan28--
*Positions are currently availible*

· Programmers ·

· Reskinners ·
--Pegasus--
--Torthane--

· Modelers ·

· Scripters ·
--swfan28--
-Darth Balor-

· Dialog Editors ·
--Mindtwistah--
--Darth Balor--
--Darth Balatro--
---GrayMusic---
*Positions are currently UNavailible*

· Advisors·
-Ayrian-
-jonathan7-

· Beta Minions ·
--Malpense--

· Voice Actors ·
----Siralos-----

· Lipsync Editors ·

· Music Mixers ·
----Weave----

We would love to have you sign on and help us with this undertaking. With you help we can finish it within a reasonable amount of time. Without it we will still be working on the mod in 20 years.So if you are interested just give me a PM and I will evaluate you and get you setup with everything you need to start work on this mod.

*IMPORTANT*: Please DO NOT ask when we will be finished with this mod as it puts way too much pressure on the team and myself. So like Team-Gizka said with their restoration mod “It will be done when it is done”.

Also we are in need of more scripters & programmers desperatly.

We have a website you can visit.
http//:team-exile.us

Downloads:

Have a Look-sie
Public Beta 2

Last edited by Darth Balor; 09-17-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Darth Balor is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Hmmm, now you'll forgive me for being the voice of doom and gloom here, but... To me this just sounds like Team Bantha all over again, the problem with M4-78 is that there is basically, no story, we don't really know anything about the planet nor what was supposed to happen there.

As for the rest, TSLRP is already restoring what your saying.

I didn't want to be the bad guy

Maybe if you detailed more why your creating another TSLRP :/

Master Zionosis is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Darth Balor

Well actually we are restoring stuff they ARE NOT. they have a list of what is being restored on thier forums. We looked at it and are restoring things they are not. As for M4-78 we have a story, we already have it basicly integrated into the plot.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Balor
Well actually we are restoring stuff they ARE NOT. they have a list of what is being restored on thier forums. We looked at it and are restoring things they are not. As for M4-78 we have a story, we already have it basicly integrated into the plot.
Whats the story? I can help with suggestions and things like that, but I don't really have the time to be able to learn how to do the more complicated areas of modding needed for this mod.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Darth Balor

Well basicly there are three factions on M4-78 the govermental faction lead by M4-78 and a group claiming the goverment is corrupt. the third wants to try to come to a compromise between them. You have to decide which gruop will help you best and help them. More will be revealed to team members.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Well basicly there are three factions on M4-78 the govermental faction lead by M4-78 and a group claiming the goverment is corrupt. the third wants to try to come to a compromise between them. You have to decide which gruop will help you best and help them. More will be revealed to team members.
Are they different factions droids? The original concept Obsidian had was that all sentient life had been wiped out after the Sith had visited the planet and reprogrammed the droids so they were loyal to the sith. Sentient life was wiped out by gas. It was also where the player was meant to run into Vash and perhaps her Padawan Kaah. Any plans to restore them? Perhaps all the party could think the player is dead so that the now infamous Sion vs Nihilus video could be played... with darkwarrior (the creators) permission I have uploaded it to filefront and it should be up on kotorfiles any day now :-)

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
Are they different factions droids? The original concept Obsidian had was that all sentient life had been wiped out after the Sith had visited the planet and reprogrammed the droids so they were loyal to the sith.
Can I quote myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos
In the case of M4-78, it does not matter what the developers wanted the planet to be like (there's not enough of it to restore properly, anyway). So long as it fits the mood of the game (it doesn't have to... you could texture Citadel Station lurid pink and fill it with pixies if you liked - no idea why you would want to but some people are fond of these ideas) make what you and your team-mates want to make because that's the only way anything of quality will come out. If you try to think like Kevin Saunders (I think he was the lead for M4-78, don't kill me if I'm wrong) then it will inevitably fail because guess what? You're not Kevin Saunders.
Just some advice.
Pavlos is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Quote:
Can I quote myself?
No

Quote:

Quote:
In the case of M4-78, it does not matter what the developers wanted the planet to be like (there's not enough of it to restore properly, anyway). So long as it fits the mood of the game (it doesn't have to... you could texture Citadel Station lurid pink and fill it with pixies if you liked - no idea why you would want to but some people are fond of these ideas) make what you and your team-mates want to make because that's the only way anything of quality will come out. If you try to think like Kevin Saunders (I think he was the lead for M4-78, don't kill me if I'm wrong) then it will inevitably fail because guess what? You're not Kevin Saunders.
Just some advice.
Good points I'll shut up now... althought I would like to see Vash, Kaah and the Sion vs Nihilus confrontation!

Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #9
Darth Balor

You will se vash, Kaah and the Sion and Nihilus confrontation is a Vital part of the mod. Because if you are following the path that will get kreia redeemed, sion has to die because he would never obey atris.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #10
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
You will se vash, Kaah and the Sion and Nihilus confrontation is a Vital part of the mod. Because if you are following the path that will get kreia redeemed, sion has to die because he would never obey atris.
Great, along with the TSLRP TSL is def going to be a much better game! A Suggestion Balor, you could use the "finished" modules that MZ produced for M4-78 so that you won't have to clean up the mess Obsidian had left it in, it will save you quite a bit of work and will provide the blank canvas for your team to implement your work into. It's located here (if haven't found them already). Hope it goes well for ya, and i hope you're well organised as this was a main cause for the demise of Team Bantha (and quite a shame it was). Good luck on the project!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 02:33 PM   #11
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_King
Great, along with the TSLRP TSL is def going to be a much better game! A Suggestion Balor, you could use the "finished" modules that MZ produced for M4-78 so that you won't have to clean up the mess Obsidian had left it in, it will save you quite a bit of work and will provide the blank canvas for your team to implement your work into. It's located here (if haven't found them already). Hope it goes well for ya, and i hope you're well organised as this was a main cause for the demise of Team Bantha (and quite a shame it was). Good luck on the project!
Lol, I actually forgot about those, yeah just a little credit to DSTONEY642000 and me goes a long way

Master Zionosis is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
Alexander the Great

I could jump in as a skinner of dialog editor, whatever you need more (probably skinner).

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may:
Old 08-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #13
Darth Balor

ok GrayMusic I put you on as Dialoge Editor.

Old 08-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #14
Mindtwistah

Umm... Balor, just a notice. Maybe you should link to the website in the first post? So they can see what to be restored and what won't.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may:
Old 08-10-2007, 07:05 AM   #15
Darth Balor

I sent a pm to the team members. Also until we actually have it fully setup I don't want any one else on it.

Last edited by Darth Balor; 08-12-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:46 AM   #16
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I would hope that a dialog editor would spell a little better. LOL
Sith Holocron is offline   you may:
Old 08-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #17
Alexander the Great

Oh, I forgot to visit the forums (I signed up, but didn't post anything). I'm going to go there now.

By the way Holocron, don't worry. I always spell c0rr3c7ly nd u53 g00d gr4mm4r.

And I make the dialog realistic and stuff.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may:
Old 08-12-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
Darth Balor

Ok, I'll use proper grammer and spelling on the forums.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:41 AM   #19
Darth Balor

K2RP: Scripters call!

Hello Halowan Labs,

As some of you know Team Exile is restoring what is left of M4-78, the Atris as Traya content and stuff Team Gizka is not. We have made progress(almost done with our first build) and we are almost ready to star modifying Korriban and working on M4-78. To do so we need more scripters, so as not to overwork swfan28. If you would be intrested in helping team exile post here with links to a project you would like to use as an evaluation. We appreciate any help you can give us.

Merged redundant thread, sorry Balor but please keep all these kinds of requests to your main WIP thread. Thanks. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 08-14-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #20
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
How can you create a TSLRP II if the original mod is not yet complete?
Sith Holocron is offline   you may:
Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #21
Darth Balor

Because we can't release this till TSLRP is finished. As some implemented content like Atris as Traya we need the stuff from TSLRP to implement correctly.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #22
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

A Thought

Have you considered that the reason Team Gizka isn't restoring this content is because it can't be restored for technical or plot conflicting reasons? You're telling us that you're going to restore all this content that can be implemented with Team Gizka's anxiously awaited patch, but if you don't have that patch in your hands how can you even be sure that it can be implemented?

As for the M4-78, are you planning on starting everything, including the modules, for scratch? I don't think it's as easy as you make it sound. This story that you're feeding us, is it what Obsidian originally had planed or something that you made up? If it's the latter I, for one, am not interested. I want Obsidian Kotor 2, NOT Team Exile Kotor 2. While the n00bs might rejoice, I would stay away from any fan created plots.

Finally. what qualifications do you have for telling us that you can do all this? What other mods have you made so that we can get an idea of your quality of work. I agree with what someone here previously said, "This sounds like another Team Bantha".

Do NOT ever edit out a moderator note again. Now stop trying to be "cute" and bypass my warning. The edit stays as-is. - Cz
Fine. And "cute" was the impression I was going for. j/k Mod, I luv u! -DT

Last edited by Darren_Trent_42; 08-15-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Darren_Trent_42 is offline   you may:
Old 08-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #23
Darth Balor

We are using the Obsidian M4-78 story.
We have the orginal m4-78 modules.
We have also carefully configured this so that it won't conflict with TSLRP.
Go download the beta in the upper city emporium.
Somethings we are restoring aren't being restored by team gizka because they thought it was to insignificent to implement. Also we have carefully configured this to be completly compatible with tSLRP and their restored storyline.

Also who are you to just walt in here and make these statements as your first post?
Might you check our forums for progress?

Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #24
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Quote:
Also who are you to just walt in here and make these statements as your first post?
Might you check our forums for progress?
Who am I? Just a fan of the series who cares about the game. Still, I've heard these claims before. We'll see how far you get.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #25
Darth Balor

The only fan contrived thing will be editing korriban to lead you to M4-78.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #26
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Can we get a link to your beta and/or the upper city emporium?
Old 08-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #27
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Trent_42
Can we get a link to your beta and/or the upper city emporium?
Here ya go

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=181459

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #28
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Okay, I'm reading your Read Me and I have a few questions.
-Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.
-By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.
-This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
-I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.

The whole council scene where they discuss Revan and Malachor sounds cool, as well the extended climax in the Jedi Enclave. The rest I don't care too much about.

Oh! Any news of Kotor III yet? I really feel Kotor can be the Star Wars Final Fantasy... OMG! Someone somewhere just died a little. I'm a fan of both series so meh.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #29
Malpense
Rookie

Well, there have been several voices of sceptisim so far... I for one am not going to be amoung them. Discouragment isn't going to help people. I am quite looking forward to this mod, it looks spectacular. It shall certainly be right alongside TSLRP once both are released.

Last edited by Malpense; 08-15-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Malpense is offline   you may:
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #30
Darth Balor

Quote:
Okay, I'm reading your Read Me and I have a few questions.
-Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.
-By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.
-This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
-I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.
Quote:
Dose the game even have the dialog files for the cut content? Dustil in particular? I can imagine, even though he is insane, he has something to say.
For most of the content, but for dustil we did have to record voices. But they sound just like a crazy older dustil.

Quote:
By replacing Fassa with Quello, what will you do about the side quests that involve Fassa dialog? The thought of Quello with two distinctly different voices makes me cringe. Unless there are sound files of Quellos with the dialog that Fassa now speaks.
All the voices and dialoge for the orginal fassa are in the game folders.

Quote:
This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
If I recall correctly if you kill the masters you skip the carth convo anyway.

Quote:
I don't think you can leave the Mandalorians alone. You need their ship to reach Iziz, so you can either join them and use their ship or kill them and take their ship. The idea of sneaking away with their ship makes no sense because they might have some AA guns... I dunno.
All this does is make it so you don't have to go to canderous immediatly. You still have to go with them.

There I hope that clears that up for you.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #31
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpense
Well, there have been several voices of sceptisim so far... I for one am not going to be amoung them. Discouragment isn't going to help people. I am quite looking forward to this mod, it looks spectacular. It shall certainly be right alongside TSLRP once both are released.
Well, good of you to do so. I'm not trying to get people down. These are the questions I had about the patch to the patch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bibles, Korans, Torahs... preach peace but breed war.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Is there anyway we can get a sample of the Dustil? If only just one sound clip? Curiosity, you know.

Last edited by Darren_Trent_42; 08-18-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #33
Darth Balor

you can download the dustil mod above.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #34
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Quote:
you can download the dustil mod above.
Sweet!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #35
Darth Balor

but unfortunatly I'm having trouble getting it to play the dialoge everytime.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #36
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

I for one am hoping you have success where Team Bantha did not. So this mod will sort of be a stand alone add-on to the TSLRP? Good luck.

Revan_Pwn_Malak is offline   you may:
Old 08-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #37
Darth Balor

Sort-of The final version will NOT install without TSLRP installed on the system.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #38
damian622
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Trent_42
This is trivial, but if you deny Carth an audience, ever think that it will defeat a plot point of (which I pray for) a future Kotor game? What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?
Oh, come on. What if Revan decided to be Dark Lord again in KotOR 1? He was made by LA to don't become. What if we make Exile don't meet Carth? LA will made them meet. Can't see problem.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
damian622 is offline   you may:
Old 08-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #39
Darren_Trent_42
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian622
Oh, come on. What if Revan decided to be Dark Lord again in KotOR 1? He was made by LA to don't become. What if we make Exile don't meet Carth? LA will made them meet. Can't see problem.
Touche to the first sentence... the rest is confusing. Grammar, plz.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:52 PM   #40
damian622
Rookie

I'll try to explain in other way (never was good with grammar, sorry). Question was "What if Carth was meant to meet the Exile regardless of the decisions we make?".

Answer is something like: LA makes canon, so they will decide if we meet Carth or we don't, just like they decided that their heroes are staying on light side.

If I recall nobody complained against mods to KotORs because they give options that original weren't able (like killing Carth, recruting some NPCs, giving weapons from Future) - Darren_Trent_42 would be first anti-modding voice.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
damian622 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > TSLRP II: The Un-Restored Content