lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Where are DLG files? (KotOR1)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
stevedroid
Rookie

Where are DLG files? (KotOR1)

I'd like to edit dialog. I've looked through several dialog editing tutorials and they all talk about DLG files, but not a single one mentions where the heck you find them! I searched my KotOR directory and can find no such files of this type. Where are these files?
stevedroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedroid
I'd like to edit dialog. I've looked through several dialog editing tutorials and they all talk about DLG files, but not a single one mentions where the heck you find them! I searched my KotOR directory and can find no such files of this type. Where are these files?
Module specific DLG files are found inside the .RIM archive file for that module. Global DLG files are found inside the templates.bif archive file. You can use KotorTool to extract them.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 AM   #3
Allronix
Forumite

Global dialogues, BTW, are ones that can be triggered at any planet. Party members, and the messenger quests, mostly. Anything for a character that stays in a particular module and be found by pulling said module and searching by character.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
stevedroid
Rookie

Ah I see, thank you.

Sometimes (in KotorTool) I see a player responses marked with "(Link)". I take it these are responses that lead into other dialogs or a different part in the current dialog. However, so far I haven't figured out how you tell where these actually link to. How to you tell where the "(Link)" responses lead?
stevedroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedroid
Sometimes (in KotorTool) I see a player responses marked with "(Link)". I take it these are responses that lead into other dialogs or a different part in the current dialog. However, so far I haven't figured out how you tell where these actually link to. How to you tell where the "(Link)" responses lead?
As far as I know KotorTool's conversation editor won't let you resolve links. I'd recommend using tk102's DLG Editor instead, there you can just double-click on the link to be taken to the original node.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Where are DLG files? (KotOR1)