lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "far greater than Darth Vader's servant"?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-23-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
RellioN
Rookie

"far greater than Darth Vader's servant"?

If you look at their website and click "The saga continues" at the end it will say that

"... clash with... and General Rahm Kota, a hard-boiled Jedi soldier who senses that the apprentice is destined to become something far greater than just Darth Vader's servant."

I wonder what that means. Sounds like he's going to the light side, I sure hope not.
RellioN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 04:27 AM   #2
SykoRevan

With all the multiple endings, we'll never know really until the game is released. Of course, with the Apprentice being so strong, it would make sense for him to become something great. As to what that could be, I have no clue.

SykoRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 06:24 AM   #3
Xirion

you bring vader coffees and give him a back rub

The Old Republic
Xirion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
I sure hope that, that option is true. Going Darkside and Lightside, though I can imagine that canonically he would be lightside.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis
I sure hope that, that option is true. Going Darkside and Lightside, though I can imagine that canonically he would be lightside.
I doubt someone like the Apprentice could be lightside at all, I can't see an ending where he turns good.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
I doubt someone like the Apprentice could be lightside at all, I can't see an ending where he turns good.
Yeah, I think he will start off LS and then Vader will corrupt him to the DS just like Palpatine did to him.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I dunno, my impression is that he's always been bad to the bone. I don't see him ever being lightside, even before he meets Vader. He wasn't a Jedi remember.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
MacTavish

Quote:
I dunno, my impression is that he's always been bad to the bone. I don't see him ever being lightside, even before he meets Vader. He wasn't a Jedi remember.
Oh you're right, I forgot he wasn't a Jedi at first. So what was he before he became Vader's apprentice; a mercenary or something?

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
We don't know hardly any of his past, he could have been the nicest person in the galaxy (That doesn't imply that he were a Jedi ) and Vader corrupted him, just like Palpatine did with Vader, but Vader turned back to the light in the end, the same could happen with the apprentice.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
Alexander the Great

I don't really like fallen Jedi, so I hope he was dark all along. But I also hope that he's not pure evil and that he has some good in him. They should definitely add a light ending.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I suspect that he was pretty young when Vader found him, and that he always had anger in him. As for becoming far greater than Vader's servant, maybe it means he'll become so strong he'll be a threat for Vader, for his place at Palpatine's side or for his life. Or a threat to even Palpatine himself. I think I've read somewhere that it'd be possible that an alternate ending would be made so that Vader's apprentice is the one who ultimately kills Palpatine. But I believe a light side ending isn't really that unthinkable. Maybe he'll fall in love with Juno and will it convert him into an enemy of the Empire (not necessarily a nice guy ).
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
JawaJoey
Forumite

I don't dismiss the possibility of a LS ending, but that quote doesn't really imply to me that there might be one.

I interpret that phrase as "greater than a servant," as in not the pawn, but the master (eventually). I don't think that "greater" means "more good" in this case.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #13
Jvstice

I don't think that greater than a servant means a turn to the light neither. I don't doubt that there could be a "more light-sided" ending, but I doubt that the servant fully converts to be like the Jedi he's killing off.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #14
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

But if he remains DS, then what happens to him? Like at the time of the movies, they'll just insert him in somewhere boring saying he was killed on the Death Star or the Executor.

It seems like an LS ending would be more exciting. (Assuming there will be LS/DS endings at all.)

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
But if he remains DS, then what happens to him? Like at the time of the movies, they'll just insert him in somewhere boring saying he was killed on the Death Star or the Executor.
A spectacular death at the end of the game would be the best option then. His death could then also be a LS act. Remember the story of Andor Vex Jolee Bindo told in Kotor.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #16
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
A spectacular death at the end of the game would be the best option then. His death could then also be a LS act. Remember the story of Andor Vex Jolee Bindo told in Kotor.
Any spectacular Lightside death would amount to little more than a futile gesture though, since the Sith/Dark Side still would be as strong as ever afterwards with Vader and Sidious alive and in power unless the game story forks off in a different direction than the movies.

Would feel like a rather big anticlimax with an ending where you just die for nothing. (Unless it just briefly foils the bad-guys, like preventing Vader from learning of Luke and Leia too early or something.)

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well then have him an universal ending of him seeking out "that unknown" Jedi scum hidden in a certain famous desert planet. That would be good for both LS/DS depending on how/influence with this "unknown being" Those who know would understand what jadis I am talking about.

Actually for DS the whole "Seeking THAT special jedi scum on that dusty planet" is possably the BEST ending that would lead to greatness, cause by doing so he can spread the DS message to said person. Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!! Rule of One!!
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #18
Sephira
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
I suspect that he was pretty young when Vader found him, and that he always had anger in him. As for becoming far greater than Vader's servant, maybe it means he'll become so strong he'll be a threat for Vader, for his place at Palpatine's side or for his life. Or a threat to even Palpatine himself. I think I've read somewhere that it'd be possible that an alternate ending would be made so that Vader's apprentice is the one who ultimately kills Palpatine. But I believe a light side ending isn't really that unthinkable. Maybe he'll fall in love with Juno and will it convert him into an enemy of the Empire (not necessarily a nice guy ).
Wow you sure never have watched ROTJ where vader is the one who kills palpatine
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #19
rccar328
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephira
Wow you sure never have watched ROTJ where vader is the one who kills palpatine
Well, the nice thing about video games is that they don't have to conform to the movies - and if they're putting in multiple endings, they could do it like they did with Jedi Knight, where one ending is "canon" as far as any sequels go, and the other endings are just extra.

Personally, I think "greater" means that the apprentice could become powerful enough to destroy Vader - after all, it seems that pretty much every Sith ends up plotting to overthrow their master to take the power for themselves.

As for putting some sort of light side ending in, it would have to come through a pretty well developed plot line to keep from being horribly lame. It's possible, but with someone as evil as the apprentice is supposed to be, I think it'd be pretty tough to pull off.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
~John F. Kennedy

True Conservatism

rccar328 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #20
DarthSomething
Rookie

Given the producer's comments about "redemption" being important to the storyline, I think at some point, there is the option of a taking a light side path. I figure he would either make a heroic sacrifice or opt to live a Jolee Bindo-like exsistence somewhere, which would explain why he's not around when Luke starts the NJO. To say nothing of the fact that choosing a LS or DS ending has been a tradition even before KOTOR, so I figure they would continue with that.

If they ever did a sequel to Forces of Corruption, then the Secret Apprentice could figure into that, coming out of hiding to defeat Silri and the carbonite Sith army she found at the end of FOC. Similar to the "one man war" Revan tried to wage with the True Sith.

PoiuyWired: It would be cool if he met A'Sharad, but I'm not sure if that will happen. It may take place after A'Sharad is driven off of Tatooine by Obi-Wan.
DarthSomething is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 07:26 AM   #21
patrickmc
Rookie

I hope you are actually able to redeem yourself and vader with you and destroy palpatine and so on
patrickmc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 PM   #22
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'll be pissed if the Apprentice canonically turns lightside. I'm sick of all the pansy good guy Jedis running around pulling stupid crap over and over in the Galactic Civil War, of all times.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #23
DarthSomething
Rookie

A lot can happen in 18 years. (TFU supposedly starts out in 17 BBY, then goes to about 10 BBY, I think).

About 100 Jedi survive the events of ROTS (the literal translation of decimation is reducing thousads to hundreds), and over the course of about 18 years or so, they are quietly hunted down by Vader, Boba Fett, and the Inquisitorius. So there eventually about 5 or 6 left during the OT era.

And the Apprentice can redeem himself and not become fully good or lightsided. He could end up as more "neutral", opting the save his intended targets in the end, but ultimately not caring for the LS/DS extremes of the Jedi or Sith. (Like Asaaj Ventress at the end of the Clone Wars).

The comments about Rahm Kota having "a lot to teach" suggest that he is reponsible for redeeming the Apprentice.
DarthSomething is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #24
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

5 or 6 left only? I don't think so. May be around 20ish. I mean, we can probably name more than 5 or 6 of them. Granted, some may not be actively doing jedily stuff anymore.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #25
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
The producers say that they can't imagine star wars without the force unleashed now, the story's that good and important to the OT. So they've either got the ultimate ending for the Apprentice or LA just tied there own slip knot.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > "far greater than Darth Vader's servant"?