lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: (FOC) Adding an heroes to GC
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
santaniake2
Lurker

(FOC) Adding an heroes to GC

I want to add mara jade to Galactic Conquest mode but strangely she doesn't appear. Does any one knows how to?
santaniake2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Oldschool
Rookie

First, find mara jade in NAMEDHEROUNITS.XML. Then, scroll down to her company unit. add the tags: <Build_Tab_Land_Units>Yes</Build_Tab_Land_Units>, <Build_Cost_Credits>specify a number here</Build_Cost_Credits>, <Build_Time_Seconds>specify a number</Build_Time_Seconds>, and comment out the <Is_Named_Hero> tag. Or you could just change the <Affiliation></Affiliation>tag to whichever faction you want(make sure if you do make sure it matches the other affiliation tag in mara jade's unit above.) Lastly, add her in any storyplot xml you choose(the name of the xml is given in a galacticconquest in campaignsgc.xml basically telling the game to spawn the heroes specified in the xml. keep this in mind when adding galactic conquests.) Also, google Star Wars: Forces of corruption for cheats, strategies, etc. Never know what you might find. And sorry if this is a little complicated got to work on my english. Hope this helps...

You are relieved soldier, I'll take things from here...
Oldschool is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
e-varmint
Vapid Pomposticator

Current Game: Dragon Age
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by santaniake2
I want to add mara jade to Galactic Conquest mode but strangely she doesn't appear. Does any one knows how to?
Here is what I did to add her to the Empire version of Equal Footing:

Code:
Unpack config.meg

Find DATA%XML%STORY_SANDBOX_56_EMPIRE.XML

Find <!-- Spawn Tech Level 1 Heroes -->, add:

<Event Name="Spawn_Mara_Jade">
		<Event_Type>STORY_TRIGGER</Event_Type>
		<Reward_Type>SPAWN_HERO</Reward_Type>
		<Reward_Param1>Mara_Jade_Team</Reward_Param1>
		<Reward_Param2>Coruscant</Reward_Param2>
		<Prereq>Empire_Enters_Tech_01</Prereq>
	</Event>

Save as STORY_SANDBOX_56_EMPIRE.XML in the folder:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Data\Xml
I have not tried adding her as a different faction, but I think that all you would have to do is change her affiliation in NAMEDHEROUNITS.XML and add her spawn event to STORY_SANDBOX_x_y.XML, x being the "episode", and y being the desired faction. Sadly, I do not have a list of which story files relate to which episodes other than 56 being Equal Footing.

Edit: <Reward_Param2>Coruscant</Reward_Param2> is the planet on which she will spawn, so make sure you use a planet that your faction controls. You can find this in the file DATA%XML%CAMPAIGNS_UNDERWORLD_GC.xml.