lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Achilles' Mira Makeover Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Achilles
@Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Current Game: Pillars of Eternity
10 year veteran!  Helpful!  Veteran Modder  Forum Veteran 
Achilles' Mira Makeover Mod

Many moons ago, svösh posted a screenie showing some edits that he made to Mira's face. They were subtle changes, but I agreed with him that they made her much more attractive. Therefore, I decided to try my hand at making similar edits and this has been living in my override folder ever since.

A few moons before that, I released a mod that had something to do with "Mira" and "saddlebags" and was edited version of her body model which reduced the size of her ridiculous pouches. That mod was lost to the public when PCGM died, but it too has been sitting in my override along with some texture edits that I made to her outfit.

And if you're not bored to tears yet (no one ever said Achilles' Modding History 102 would be interesting), let me tell you about a mod I made where I created unique clothing and icons for each of the Party NPCs

This mod is a combination of these three previous mods, sanitized for public consumption, and package for maximum efficiency and effectiveness (no idea what I'm writing at this point).

The file has been posted at KotOR Files and should be available just as a soon as the staff can possibly make it so. The readme can be found there as well.

The screenies are also posted there, but I'll post them here as well.

..."old" is on the left and "new" is on the right.

Enjoy!

Edit: forgot to mention in the readme that I also added a white spot to Mira's pupils to make her eyes appear slightly more realistic. Knew I was missing something from that list.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
Mav
@Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
(no one ever said Achilles' Modding History 102 would be interesting)
I guess it doesn't help that I barely passed 101 with a D-...

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 AM   #3
Shem
@Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran!  Veteran Modder  Notable contributor  Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
The file has been posted at KotOR Files and should be available just as a soon as the staff can possibly make it so.
The wait is over:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...Makeover;93766

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 AM   #4
Achilles
@Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Thank you sir!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #5
Chevron 7 locke
@Chevron 7 locke
Hi

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer  Forum Veteran 
Beautiful work as usual! i love your stuff.
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
Arátoeldar
@Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Excellent work Achilles.

I assume that this mod is Achilles' I prefer my bounty hunters without saddlebags Mod V2

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
Eefluxx
@Eefluxx

Thank you Achilles, I have been waiting for this for a long time

Eefluxx

Feel Free To Disagree.....Most People Do Anyways
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
mimartin
@mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/Mass Effect
LF Jester  Forum Veteran  LFN Staff Member  10 year veteran! 
You messed with Mira.

Nice job downloaded my copy after work and it looks great. Thanks for sharing your creation.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #9
redrob41
@redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny TTK
Veteran Modder  Helpful! 
So, I guess she doesn't carry around much more than a credit card in the new pouches?

I really like the new shoulder pads. Much better looking (she's a bounty hunter, she doesn't need to tackle a quarterback).

I'm not so sure about the black and grey jacket and accessories though. I know that black is a cool looking colour, but it gets boring after awhile. It also makes any bright colour stand out too much (like her hair and cyan shirt). The dark green was subtle enough (not like the 60's sci-fi colours used in Kotor 1), yet colourful enough to make the accessories blend in a bit.

Oh well, its just my opinion.

Really nice job on the face; you didn't overdo it, and yet still improved it noticably (at least to my eyes).

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #10
Jammy-Jedi
@Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

I agree with redrob41 I think the black jacket and black/grey belt are too similar colours and the belt seems lost, I also thought that the green jacket suited her. however its not all doom i did like the longer fringe and the eyes are much better.

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
Achilles
@Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
So, I guess she doesn't carry around much more than a credit card in the new pouches?
In some of them maybe.

The pouch on her right hip was especially out of control and needed to be reigned in. The female models have very wide hips as-is, and Mira's pouches exacerbated this to a degree I found painful.

...but to each their own

Quote:
I really like the new shoulder pads. Much better looking (she's a bounty hunter, she doesn't need to tackle a quarterback).
Thank you.

Quote:
I'm not so sure about the black and grey jacket and accessories though. I know that black is a cool looking colour, but it gets boring after awhile.
I agree with the first part. I tried monkeying around with other colors but nothing seemed to work. FWIW, all of the metal on her (pauldrons, rocket launcher, etc) was left untouched.

Quote:
It also makes any bright colour stand out too much (like her hair and cyan shirt).
*shrugs* I respect that it seems this way to you. I disagree, but I also think it's a matter of taste. Considering that the jacket was a very dark green anyway, I have a hard time accepting that my change really made that much of a difference.

Quote:
The dark green was subtle enough (not like the 60's sci-fi colours used in Kotor 1), yet colourful enough to make the accessories blend in a bit.
Unless the monochromatic thing bothers you. Then you might be happier with a subtle change to another color...like black

Quote:
Oh well, its just my opinion.
I do appreciate the feedback. I enjoy your work very much!

Quote:
Really nice job on the face; you didn't overdo it, and yet still improved it noticably (at least to my eyes).
Thank you. However I would like to point out that I simply tried to mimic the changes that svösh made. I'm not sure I feel comfortable taking credit for his creativity
Old 09-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #12
redrob41
@redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: Destiny TTK
Veteran Modder  Helpful! 
Quote:
The pouch on her right hip was especially out of control and needed to be reigned in. The female models have very wide hips as-is, and Mira's pouches exacerbated this to a degree I found painful.
Oh, I agree with you. Those pouches really accentuated the hips, especially when she stood at rest (with all the weight shifted to the right leg) and the right hip juts out. These are much better. Say, I can't try it in game right now (TSL caused my iMac to have a kernel panic, need repairs) but do the smaller pouches clip with the wrist as badly as the old ones? It doesn't look like it clips too much from the screenshot, so that's always a good thing.

Quote:
Thank you. However I would like to point out that I simply tried to mimic the changes that svösh made. I'm not sure I feel comfortable taking credit for his creativity
Well, I hadn't tried svösh's version, but if you don't want to take credit for the idea, at least accept credit for your fine workmanship .

As for the colours, I know modders can't please all of the fans all of the time .

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
Achilles
@Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Oh, I agree with you. Those pouches really accentuated the hips, especially when she stood at rest (with all the weight shifted to the right leg) and the right hip juts out. These are much better. Say, I can't try it in game right now (TSL caused my iMac to have a kernel panic, need repairs) but do the smaller pouches clip with the wrist as badly as the old ones? It doesn't look like it clips too much from the screenshot, so that's always a good thing.
There isn't nearly as much clipping

Quote:
Well, I hadn't tried svösh's version, but if you don't want to take credit for the idea, at least accept credit for your fine workmanship .
He never released his. He just posted a screenshot of what could be done with Taina's Replacer and used Mira as a test subject.

But since you put it that way: Thank you!

Quote:
As for the colours, I know modders can't please all of the fans all of the time .
Isn't this the truth?!

I have the added benefit of knowing that I was simply sharing something that I made for my tastes that others were more than welcome to use too, if they desired to do so. If Eefluxx hadn't asked about it in svösh's WIP thread, I probably never would have thought to publish it.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
Chevron 7 locke
@Chevron 7 locke
Hi

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer  Forum Veteran 
I just noticed the shoulder pads lol! Are you planning on doing any other KOTOR2 party members?
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
Achilles
@Achilles
Dapper Chimp

No, not really. Mira's the only one who's default appearance bothered me enough to do something about it. Bao-Dur's body seems slightly out of proportion as well, but I usually just stick him in armor and forget about it.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Miltiades
@Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member  The Walking Carpets Guild Member  Forum Veteran  Folder extraordinaire 
To be honest, at first, I didn't really notice the differences. Only when looking a bit closer did I see the improvement, but it's a great improvement. Can't believe I missed those giant shoulder pads in the original.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
Shaggoth
@Shaggoth

link is dead

[ about.me ]
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #18
Qui-Gon Glenn
@Qui-Gon Glenn
Digory Kirke's Bafflement

Current Game: KotOR awww yeah
Folder extraordinaire  Helpful!  Forum Veteran  Veteran Modder 
^ It is.

Hrumph.

I wonder if Achilles has yanked his mods from FF.... I saw him online yesterday, and actually almost tried to bother him with a question....

We will find out... I never knew about this mod, and I have most of the work Achilles has released. I am going to someday make a voodoo doll out of them and control Achilles remotely like a Manchurian Candidate

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #19
Shaggoth
@Shaggoth

good luck with that

Moderator note [01-07-2011 03:50 AM]

FYI but posting posts about links being down or dead is considered off topic spam here. No more folks, especially from posters who have been here for a while. Thanks.

[ about.me ]

Last edited by RedHawke; 01-07-2011 at 03:50 AM.
Shaggoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
jonathan7
@jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding  LFN Staff Member  Veteran Modder  Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
^ It is.

Hrumph.

I wonder if Achilles has yanked his mods from FF.... I saw him online yesterday, and actually almost tried to bother him with a question....

We will find out... I never knew about this mod, and I have most of the work Achilles has released. I am going to someday make a voodoo doll out of them and control Achilles remotely like a Manchurian Candidate
Achilles requested the removal of all his mods from KotOR Files which is why the link is dead, you should be able to download his mod from here; http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/ or possibly hosting some at RPG Banana; http://www.gamebanana.com/

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
.:Lord Revan:.
@.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Thanks J7 wanted that a while back but link didn't work.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #22
Qui-Gon Glenn
@Qui-Gon Glenn
Digory Kirke's Bafflement

Current Game: KotOR awww yeah
Folder extraordinaire  Helpful!  Forum Veteran  Veteran Modder 
If you search teh intrawebz for Achilles' mods.....

His old site is still up, still hosting... or maybe it's his new old site. Either way, all of his mods are there... Glad to find it.

I would post a link, but then that is not really my place.

To get back on topic, I will try this out once I get back to TSL.... too busy with KotOR (again)

@Shaggoth: it was a joke... I think Achilles is immune to such things as Jedi mind tricks and chicanery like voodoo... And it is far too much responsibility for me to try and control a mind like that
@Achilles - thanks for continuing to host your mods. I enjoy them, and the resources you continue to provide are a wonderful benefit to the community.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn

Last edited by Qui-Gon Glenn; 01-09-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Gamer > Community > The Star Forge > Knights of the Old Republic series > Taris Upper City Emporium > Achilles' Mira Makeover Mod