lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Awakening of the Rebellion - Return of the Gameplay
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
DonBilbo
Rookie

Awakening of the Rebellion - Return of the Gameplay

The award-winning Empire at War modification "Awakening of the Rebellion" now has been translated so that you guys can enjoy this mod, too. Awakening of the Rebellion enhances the game with a new galaxy map, new units and improved Gameplay.

This mod adds a shipyard system (different kinds of shipyards for fighters and capital ships). Shipyards need storages, the more storages you build the faster ships are constructed.
The Empire now starts in the core of the galaxy and controls most of the core and MidRim planets. The Rebellion now really needs to count on hit&run tactics. The Rebellion starts in the OuterRim.

Click to enlarge

Of course we've also added new units like the Nebulon B2 Frigate, the Imperial and Rebel Dreadnought, the TIE Interceptor and much more.
In the last picture you can see the whole new galactic map. As you can see the Empire controls the Core and the MidRim. The planets and trade routes are all leading to the heart of the galaxy, Coruscant.

Made in Germany

Empire at War HQ|Head Admin
Steiner Modding|Transatlantic PR

Last edited by DonBilbo; 06-18-2006 at 10:58 AM.
DonBilbo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 05:21 PM   #2
TheGreenGoblin

Download's not working.
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
DonBilbo
Rookie

fixed ...

Old 06-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
Arc9
Rookie

Holy frick that looks so bloody awsome oh man how long did it take to make that?!?!?!?! How many mod team members do you have to make such an apparently awsome mod so fast?

Rise and fall:civilizations at war fan.
Arc9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
DonBilbo
Rookie

at the moment we are ten people working on it ...

Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 PM   #6
Arc9
Rookie

OH-MY-GOD YOU ARE MASTERS

Rise and fall:civilizations at war fan.
Arc9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 05:10 AM   #7
Jedi_82
Rookie

Ah this reminds me from good star warsy. keep it up!!!!
Jedi_82 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 05:56 AM   #8
Orao

Hello....

It seems that you have little code problem in starbases.xml

This is from your source file :

Code:
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_1> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 0</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_1> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<!-- Tech 2 -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_1>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_2> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_1>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_2> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_1>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_2> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_1>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 0</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_2> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<!-- Tech 3 -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_2>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_3> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_2>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_3> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_2>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_3> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_2>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_3> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<!-- Tech 4 -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_3>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 3</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_4> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_3>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_4> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_3>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_4> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_3>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_4> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<!-- Tech 5 -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_4>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 3</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_5> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_4>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 3</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_5> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_4>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_5> <!-- 2 X-wing squadrons at a time -->
		<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_4>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 2</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_5> <!-- -1 == no limit -->
		<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_4>TIE_X1_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_5>
When you closed your tags there was an error.

FOr instence you open it with this :

<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0> and you close them with this </Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_1>

Of course if the code is wrong it is being ignored by the engine.

Cheers.
P.S.

This for imperials only. I think that at some point you did copy/paste and you forgot to modify all. It happens often.

EaW: Total Realism
mod....
TR mod team status: TR Advisor, programmer, map maker, Multimedia developer

Last edited by Orao; 06-18-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Orao is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 AM   #9
Orao

Ok I found some other errors of tags in Squadrons.xml, Uniqueunits.xml, groundcompaniesrebel.xml, Groundvehicles.xml, Herocompanies.xml, spaceunitsfrigate.xml and genericherocompanies.xml

I fixed those and here is the download. To install files all you have to do is copy them over existing XML files in this foldder

.....\GameData\Mods\AotR\Data\XML

Link is here :

http://goranmost78.free.fr/AotR_fix.zip

P.S.

I'm using Microsoft Visula Web Developer 2005 Express edition for editing XML files.

It is free tool and it has color code. Moreover it points you to erros in the file.

mod....
Old 06-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
DonBilbo
Rookie

thanks in advance, we will change that with the next update.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #11
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
you should add the Carrack crusier
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
Jedi_82
Rookie

when the next update is comeing?????!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:22 AM   #13
RazielKanos
Rookie

Right now we are working on 3 different projects and AotR ist just one of it

Next will be a small demo Version of our Clone Wars Mod

RazielKanos
SMG
Leader
http://www.smg-modding.com
RazielKanos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 04:16 AM   #14
IonFizzle07
Rookie

That's odd.

I played your mod a few times in Skirmish mode, and I'm not seeing a lot of the mentioned new units. No TIE interceptor, no Nebulon B2, no Dreadnaught

still a fun mod though
IonFizzle07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 AM   #15
DonBilbo
Rookie

this is not a skirmish mod. If you want to enjoy the enhanced gameplay and see the new units you'll have to play Galactic Conquest Mod.

At the moment we are working on three different projects:

Awakening of the Rebellion:
- enhanced gameplay
- concentrates on GC

Steiner's Advanced Units Mod:
- new units and effects
- skirmish capable
The latest version does not contain new models as of yet.
We're working on a new version that adds in the new models from AotR and a lot more...

Clone Wars Legends:
- will cover the Clone Wars
- Skirmish and GC capable
more infos to be revealed soon ...
A demo version will be released soon ... don't ask for an ETA

Old 06-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
Sithman1138

Very nice guys. I salut you awesome moddingskills. I want to make a tiny suggestion. If you can find a way to put the three projects together when it's done, it would be great. I love to currect AOTR mod.

-Adthrawn of SWGBH
-Sithman1138 of TF.N

^^Sig by Sabretooth^^
ADTHRAWN DESIGN TEAM
Sithman1138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #17
voltes5
Rookie

I installed AOTR and started playing Galactic Conquest, and for the new units there are no icons. HELP!!
voltes5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #18
Jedi_82
Rookie

Uninstall eny previous mods before installing AOTR
Old 06-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #19
DonBilbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_82
Uninstall eny previous mods before installing AOTR
correct. and also install patch 1.04. would be the best if you first installed 1.01, then 1.02, then 1.03 and then finally 1.04.

but it definitely needs patch 1.04, coz Petro changed the commandbar

Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #20
wolfshadow
Rookie

Heyas.

I have a bug report.

The mod slows to a absolute total crawl on galactic. Thsi did not happen witht he previous version of the mod. Any ideas?
wolfshadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 02:09 AM   #21
IonFizzle07
Rookie

Galactic map does go pretty slow. That said...

Really, really well-executed mod. I LOVE the new units and planets and thumbnails. Just excellent work.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #22
CIAop
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orao
Ok I found some other errors of tags in Squadrons.xml, Uniqueunits.xml, groundcompaniesrebel.xml, Groundvehicles.xml, Herocompanies.xml, spaceunitsfrigate.xml and genericherocompanies.xml
Great mod. This is what the game needed. It really alters the style of gameplay and I think the smaller models actually make it run faster on my computer. What will be wrong with the game if we don't download the fixed XML files referenced above?
CIAop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 04:43 PM   #23
RazielKanos
Rookie

Well it runs fine, i haven't had any bugs and we nearly have 10.000 Downloads so far

RazielKanos
SMG
Leader
http://www.smg-modding.com
RazielKanos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #24
Orao

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAop
Great mod. This is what the game needed. It really alters the style of gameplay and I think the smaller models actually make it run faster on my computer. What will be wrong with the game if we don't download the fixed XML files referenced above?
Enclosed code witihn wrong tags will be ignored. Go ahead build level 4 station at tech level 2 and you will see how many fighters you have spawned and how many the station should have spawned.

@RazielKanos

Those are not critical errors this is why no one reported them back to you or maybe while you were packing files for english version something wiered happened.

Who knows.

mod....
Old 06-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #25
IonFizzle07
Rookie

DonBilbo, if you're interested, I'm doing a small personal project involving your mod. I've been going through and replacing all the tooltip/text descriptions. I've really fleshed out descriptions, making sure each ship and unit is described in great detail and good grammar. When I'm done with it I could send you the master text file. It's really not a big deal, not even really more than a mini-mod, but it makes the mod feel much more polished and professional, at least to a grammar Nazi like me.

Here's some examples of my text descriptions

A-Wing: The Dodonna/Blissex A-Wing Space Superiority Interceptor is an excellent fighter with superior speed and maneuverability. It is faster and more agile than any ship save for the TIE Defender, even the TIE Interceptor, and is armed with a powerful pair of Taim & Bak laser cannons capable of swiveling to lock on to targets, as well as a hyperdrive, shields, and life support. The A-Wing is on par with any enemy fighter and superior to most. A notable exception is the TIE Defender, which the A-Wing engages on what is arguably a disadvantage, as the Defender is every bit as nimble as the A-Wing and much more heavily armed. With a massive pair of Novaldex J-77 engines, it is well suited to destroying or luring enemy fighters away so that bombers are free to attack. 5 fighters per flight.

E-Wing: The E-Wing starfighter is simply the best combat starfighter flying. It is the pinnacle of fighter design. Developed by Frietek Industries, a former division of Incom Corporation, designer of the extremely successful Z-95 Headhunter and T-65 X-Wing fighters, the E-Wing is a triumph of engineering. Carrying 3 extremely powerful linked laser cannons and a battery of 16 proton torpedoes in a fast-launch assembly. It is also manned by a cutting-edge R7 combat astromech. The E-Wing is nearly as manueverable as the A-Wing Interceptor, and with excellent shields and ablative armor can take more damage than the X-Wing Space Superiority Fighter. The E-Wing is the finest combat starfighter in the Alliance inventory. 5 fighters per flight.

Imperial Mark I Star Destroyer: The Mark I Imperial-class Star Destroyer is a force to be reckoned with. Constructed at such massive yards as Kuat, Fondor, Sullust, and Bilbringi, the ISD I is a single ship with the firepower to subjugate entire worlds and outgun entire fleets. The vessel is armed with 60 Heavy Turbolasers and 60 Ion Cannon batteries. It also carries a tractor beam for immobilizing smaller ships. For defense and patrol, the Star Destroyer contains an entire wing of TIE craft. This complement includes 10 flights of TIE Fighters and 5 flights of TIE Bombers.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 AM   #26
K1ller
Rookie

Well I have found a small error. Here should be a life support (....as well as a hyperdrive, shields, and life support.) I hope I am right as English is not my native language.
K1ller is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #27
DonBilbo
Rookie

@IonFizzle07: that sounds quite good. send me the mastertextfile please. we can include it in the next update.

@Killer: I dont know what you mean?

Old 06-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #28
Sithman1138

I have a question for you guys. What XML controls the pop cap? I'm trying to make a mod for myself and I'd like to increase it.

-Adthrawn of SWGBH
-Sithman1138 of TF.N

^^Sig by Sabretooth^^
ADTHRAWN DESIGN TEAM
Old 06-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #29
wolfshadow
Rookie

Sithman: Planets XML and StarbasesXML both have elements that control pop cap.
Starbases is prob. the easier one to mod.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:22 AM   #30
IonFizzle07
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBilbo
@IonFizzle07: that sounds quite good. send me the mastertextfile please. we can include it in the next update.

@Killer: I dont know what you mean?
Very gladly. I will do so in the next day or two. Now that I know you're going to include it, I am going to double-check everything, make sure everything got good attention, and send it to you.

Thank you, I feel very honored
Old 06-24-2006, 06:00 AM   #31
Fetid Corpse
Rookie

how did you edit the .tga files. I am trying to do this and i have no idea what i am supposed to do
Fetid Corpse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #32
Somerled
Rookie

I am very impressed with this mod. Gameplay is much more strategic, and it has a great Star Wars feel. The shipyard concept is excellent, and one truly gets a feel for the strategic importance of certain worlds. I also enjoy the variety of ground units, and the ability to recruit veteran units.

A few thoughts:
1. I noticed that the standard rebel trooper unit has Wookies, Mon Calamari and Humans. To me it would seem more authentic for the standard trooper unit to be composed of humans, and for homogeneous Wookie and Mon Calamari units to be recruited on their respective home worlds.
2. It would seem like the SSD would be an excellent addition to this mod.

Again, thank you for a wonderful mod.
Somerled is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #33
wolfshadow
Rookie

Bug: When playing on Medium, I've been seeing more than one of a hero. For example, last game I ran into two General Dodanna, and in the game before that, I kept on running into several Captain Piets. Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #34
DonBilbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfshadow
Bug: When playing on Medium, I've been seeing more than one of a hero. For example, last game I ran into two General Dodanna, and in the game before that, I kept on running into several Captain Piets. Any ideas?
we already noticed that bug ... we're are working on it.

@Somerled: thx. at the moment we are working on the SSD ... The SSD will be included in the next update, the only thing we still need to do until the SSD is finished, is the death clone.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #35
Sithman1138

Thanks for the info WolfShadow. Do you have a shot of the ssd?

-Adthrawn of SWGBH
-Sithman1138 of TF.N

^^Sig by Sabretooth^^
ADTHRAWN DESIGN TEAM
Old 06-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #36
DonBilbo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithman1138
Do you have a shot of the ssd?
ya ....

Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #37
SAGEKING-PG
LFN Staff Emeritus

Very nice job! Have yet to check out all the features, but keep up the good modding work!

SAGEKING-PG
Community Manager | Petroglyph
sageking@petroglyphgames.com
SAGEKING-PG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #38
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
there is a bug in rebel campagin on Wayland the R2's downloading doesn't stop
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2006, 11:07 PM   #39
Sithman1138

Thanks for those screens. They look even better then, dare I say, LoW's SSD.

-Adthrawn of SWGBH
-Sithman1138 of TF.N

^^Sig by Sabretooth^^
ADTHRAWN DESIGN TEAM
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #40
wolfshadow
Rookie

Nice looking SD guys.

Sithman: No problem, glad to be of help. I've modded my own XMLs for pop cap. I like it slightly higher than given, so I modded the level 4 and 5 starbases. Same with Planets. I always thought that the bigger planets should give a heck of a lot more to the pop caps, so I changed it in the XML files. I don't play online, so I can make all the little tweaks that I want to. That's one of the things that I really like about EAW.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Awakening of the Rebellion - Return of the Gameplay