lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Learning Arabic
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Acrylic

Learning Arabic

Wow, another thread from me? Yep.

Anyways, I've been really interested in learning Arabic for a long time now. I know the alphabet, and have a basic understanding of it. There are no classes or anything around me that would teach it.

Is there anyone here that would know a good approach of it? I have a little book called "Easy Arabic Grammar", but it doesn't do much.

I've been looking at "Tell Me More"and the "Rosetta Stone" programs for Arabic, and I've heard mixed reviews for every one of them.

I want some feedback and help here. Thanks

سلام (Peace)

Acrylic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
dtriniman
Rookie

Get Rosetta Stone. It's a great piece of language software. It's used by US Government officials and state agencies. Either get the Arabic CD or the Multi-Language DVD in case you want to learn other languages later.

I'm trying to learn it myself. Thinking of becoming Muslim. The demo on the site amazed me. Try it out yourself.

dtriniman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
Fish.Stapler

Rosetta stone is really high quality imo...they don't mess around with anything, it's total immersion. You gotta be pretty sharp to keep up with it though, depending on the difficulty of language learned...

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Yoda’s Swamp > Learning Arabic