lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #161
Lance Monance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Sounds like a conflict with the appearance.2da file. It contains the appearance types (head+body model combos etc) of NPCs, creatures and the player character, referred by line number in the file. So if one mod you install overwrites this file, all references to lines added by other mods will now point at the wrong appearance type definitions.

Have you installed any other mods that come with this file after this one?
My Override folder is a mess. Is there anything vital in the folder. If not I will just delete everything from it and reinstall the mod.
Lance Monance is offline   you may:
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #162
kash
Rookie

i have reached the part after i battle all the brother hood of the shadow copys but after he speaks and i answer he jumps over to me and nothing else happens he just stands there and i can just move around and the cutscene does not work.
kash is offline   you may:
Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #163
kash
Rookie

Also i arrive on the unownworld matilda is no longer in my party is this surpose to happen and matildas sith unfirorm when she equips it is a republic soliders uniform i have no other mods installed what could be the problem.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #164
Darth Balor

Quote:
Bastila will still be replaced by Matilda in the torture scene though. I've still having difficulties trying to figure out how I can solve this.

Code:
object oNPC = GetObjectByTag("Bastila");

effect eDisg = EffectDisguise(DISGUISE_TYPE_P_BASTILLA);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT,eDisg,    oNPC);
You can just have TSLpatcher replace the modules .utc for bastilla with one with a custom bastilla appearence.

Darth Balor is offline   you may:
Old 10-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #165
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter Contest winner - Modding 
The appearance for the Bastila NPC in that scene is already set to 'Party_NPC_Bastila', so technically it shouldn't change in the first place. If that's what you mean't?

Or are you suggesting that I could try creating a new row in appearance.2DA with the appearance of Bastila? If so, It's something I haven't thought of trying yet.

Silveredge9 is offline   you may:
Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #166
kash
Rookie

After i leave the unownworld nothing happens and it is just a black screen and this is the only mod i have installed.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 AM   #167
Meowster

Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
I've had some issue's with mod...

The Rodian whom you meet on Korriban looks like a red-haired woman in her underwear, and the Tech Duro looks like a Caucasian Twi'lek...
I'm pretty sure its a mod conflict wiith appearence.2da with the Holowan plugin, what exactly can I do to make the mod the way its meant, without removing the heads?
Meowster is offline   you may:
Old 10-15-2007, 06:02 AM   #168
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Here is the lastest patch update.

Patch 1.04
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...f_Shadow;83645

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #169
kingoftheabyss
Rookie

Hi, My game has been freezing once I enter the shadowlands for the first time. I see 2 sith who have armor simular too Darth Bandon's but right after that it freezes. Wopuld something with this mod possibly be the cause of it?
kingoftheabyss is offline   you may:
Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #170
Omega_Novae
Rookie

I don't think BoS has anything on Kashyyyk except Matilda's comments on it. You probably have an unfixed version of WotOR. Check its thread for a fix.

Omega_Novae is offline   you may:
Old 10-16-2007, 12:47 AM   #171
kingoftheabyss
Rookie

Thank you.. I put the files in my override and tried it again, but now he just stands there and i can't initiate the confrontation with him...Worst, I accidently saved over my previous save game and now i dont have one before that point

Simply put.....Am I screwed?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 AM   #172
Omega_Novae
Rookie

If you really really really want to fight him, then you are. But the only thing is that you don't get to fight the badly-named Darth.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 AM   #173
kingoftheabyss
Rookie

Well not really, I just dont want this to destroy any chance of finishing the game...I can cheat the items that I would normally get after defeating him...Besides the lightsaber, is there any new items you would get from him from WOTOR
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #174
Omega_Novae
Rookie

I think these questions would better fit in the WotOR thread, so you should go ask them there.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #175
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
As a person that tried to make the mod grammatically correct, I was wondering what the opinion was of the mod using the most recent patch.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may:
Old 10-20-2007, 03:35 PM   #176
TheFrisk
Lurker

I have a question about this mod.
I am in the white prison and I have no idea how to get out,any advice?
TheFrisk is offline   you may:
Old 10-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #177
Omega_Novae
Rookie

Talk to Daemon Drexel.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #178
TheFrisk
Lurker

I spoke to him already,and someone else appeared and said something,and then disappeared. Now Daemon is just standing there and it won't let me talk to him.

When I talk to Daemon it just says Silence on the top of my screen,and the guy who talked before was Brother of Shadow.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #179
Omega_Novae
Rookie

Strange. You're supposed to warp to another module at that point.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:24 PM   #180
TheFrisk
Lurker

My journal says i should investigate the surroundings and try to find a way out,did I miss something?
Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #181
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?

Revan_Pwn_Malak is offline   you may:
Old 10-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #182
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
BoS on mac?

Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may:
Old 10-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #183
Omega_Novae
Rookie

I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #184
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Novae
I think you can just copy all the files in the tslpatchdata folder into your Override folder, since you don't have any other mods.
Unfortunately this method doesn't work if any scripts/2da file compiling/editing are needed for the mod as the edits are not done if you just copy the files.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 10-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #185
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Excellent Mod...only played the 'prologue' though. It really blends well with the original Kotor storyline. No bus or whatsoever yet. Excellent!

Can't wait for the main quest....

Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 AM   #186
correllian_thug
Rookie

An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)
correllian_thug is offline   you may:
Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #187
correllian_thug
Rookie

i downloaded this mod but i can't play it, when using the tsl patcher i get this error:

"An error occured! Specified file was a 2da but not in binary format.
That format is un handled at this time. unable to load. (2DA-1)"

then when i go to play, drix is invisible, i can still click to start the conversation but as soon as i do so the game freezes.

(sorry for the double post i seem to have posted the message before i was done, thought cancelling would prevent it)
Old 10-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #188
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdVaderII
Im running a mac, and can't use the "install.exe". Is there any way i can install it without the install exe?
Or the tsl patcher? I don't have any mods in.
Download the Mod itself, then copy all the files in the Tsl Patcher Folder located within the package into your Override folder.

Next download the latest patch (1.04), copy the contents of it's Tsl Patcher folder into your override.

Finally, download the contents of this file (Which is a collection of the files that would be created though through running the .exe on a PC) and unzip them into your override folder.

Mac Files

And unless I've missed anything, it should then work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan_Pwn_Malak
So I finally have a free weekend of no studying for mid-terms, writing essays, etc. and decided to finally get to playing this mod. I installed BoS and patch 1.03 (just found patch 1.04 when I came to post this), but when I arrived at Korriban Drix isn't there. Am I forgetting to do something?
Was that the first time you arrived at Korriban? Are you sure you haven't been looking in the wrong place? Maybe something is conflicting?

Old 10-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #189
Quatra
Rookie

I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.
Quatra is offline   you may:
Old 10-24-2007, 05:02 AM   #190
correllian_thug
Rookie

for now i seem to have fixed my problem by making a new override folder with only this mod in it......

after the initial scare of not being able to run this mod no bug or spelling error is gonna be bad enough for me to bring up, you have made the game exciting again, i'll be going through so much of the game waiting till i get on the leviathan to get to the next part. brilliant work i applaude you!!

Last edited by correllian_thug; 10-24-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #191
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quatra
I have one problem, maybe it's already answered but i'll post it again.

I create a new game, i finished tatooine, manaan and i went to korriban after. I saw drix but i can't move around him. I had to go back to tatooine to kill the guy then return to korriban. Is there a way to go around him? like teleporting?

I have another problem. I said drix to leave me alone then i went to leviathan and when i killed everyone in the bridge, the scene couldn't start.
You mean he is blocking your path? I don't see how that would be possible, he's positioned against the wall. :P

Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #192
Quatra
Rookie

I have a screen shot of drix. As you can see, he's using all the space so i can't move around him
Quatra is offline   you may:
Old 10-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #193
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Your having appearance.2DA problems. What other mods do you have installed?

One solution right now is to delete the current appearance.2DA from your override folder and to reinstall the mod.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #194
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Again, very good Mod. And nice to support and tinker with your mod after the release.

But I'd like to report the first problem I've encountered.

Place: Dantooine, the closed council chambers
Problem: After I beat them, one of them goes into meditation. After this, he attacks me once, and turns 'blue' (neutral/talkable/not attackable, etc).
He stands there, wounded, and unable to do anything. Then nothing happens.
I heared he is supposed to turn into Revan (ie: wear Revan's Robes). This doesn't happen.
Mods installed:Only the Brotherhood mod, and the Wotor (Weapons of Kotor) mod. The Wotor mod doe not change armors and robes, so it shouldn't conflict.
Additional: Weapons act strange in this area as well. If I equip a lightsaber, the beam isn't showed. For example, I equiped a second (?) Revan saber, and it didn't show the beam. The right hand saber did though.

I have no Revan robe mods or anything installed, or even downloaded.

Thanks in adcance

Edit: Never mind. The cuscene activated perfectly. Finished the mod. Really liked the cutscenes Matilda provided

Last edited by Ztalker; 10-27-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Ztalker is offline   you may:
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #195
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
still mac problems

its mac guy again. The mod is working fine until i get to the bith in the cantina. When it is loading to take me to his ship, the load bar starts, goes 1/8th of the way, and completely stops, leaving me stranded in the loading screen. Any idea about whats wrong? I did everything you told me to do to make it work on mac.
Help me Silveredge9. You are my only hope.

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may:
Old 10-28-2007, 06:26 AM   #196
foliksta
Lurker

I have a problem. After the "credits" of the mod I return to the main menu, but the mechanic said that we are going to Tatooine, not to the menu
foliksta is offline   you may:
Old 10-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #197
Zgred_2
Rookie

Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.
Zgred_2 is offline   you may:
Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #198
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgred_2
Very good mod, I really like and appreciate the work that went into it. Unfortunately, I have run into 2 problems/bugs, one game breaking.

1. A white square on the Galaxy Map (the mod is working on a clean version of KOTOR, I didn't want it to mix with my other mods, for now atleast.)
2. After the clone fight at the Academy, there is the whole dialogue with the defeated Brother of Shadows, he reveals his name, Revan takes a few steps, than the Brother turns on you once again. The cutscene breaks, the Brother makes one slash of flurry at me, not even damaging me, then goes back to being an unattackable npc with 1 hp. He doesn't respond and I can't get out and progress.

And yes I have tried reloading/going back to Autosave, the problem continues and I don't want to restart the whole mod, for now atleast.

I hope this helps for the next patch, can't wait to be able to finish this mod. I see it really is a piece of art, especially the scripting.
You started your game from the supplied save right? If so then the Galaxy Map problem is just on that particular save. So it's nothing to worry about.

As for the other bug, I still haven't found the cause of this problem. Though if you are willing to email me, (Find my email in the Read-Me of the mod). I can keep sending you experiemental fixes until we get one that fixes the problem. :P

Old 10-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #199
Zgred_2
Rookie

Yes, I started from the supplied save just to check out the mod faster

I'll contact you about those fixes, I'd gladly help out. From what I see, it's because something is setting the Brothers boolean of "1 hp" to one, which causes him to be immortal, thus halting progress. Maybe if you were to do a quick scripting fix, that would make sure that he has the "1hp" thing to 0 after his dialogue.
Zgred_2 is offline   you may:
Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #200
Silveredge9
Retired Modder

No, the Shadow guy isn't meant to die. Something is causing the dialogue to be interrupted. And that's what I'm trying to find out.

Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Brotherhood of Shadow - Expansion Pack

Tags
bos, brotherhood of shadow