lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do you beat Super Mario Brothers without killing anyone?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

How do you beat Super Mario Brothers without killing anyone?!

Once upon a time, there was a craze about Deus Ex because you don't have to kill anyone to beat the game. At the time, I didn't really care for it...why limit your arsenal?

But hey, it may be fun. But it comes to another point: I need to do it for a game that, well, I can beat already, so that I can use that information to prepare to beat the game without killing anyone.

So, here I go. Boot up Super Mario Brothers (alleged to be a very violent video game, about 25 violent acts per minute displayed on TV), and will now attempt to beat the whole game without murdering a single indivudal, roleplaying as Mario, the Kantain Plumber and Peacenix Militant.

I got through 1-1 easy, but 1-2 was hard because I was being ambushed by 2 Koopa Troopers on the left and a Goobma on the right side. However, I stayed up in a small enclave, and wait for the Koopa Troopers to walk back while the Goobma walks away before getting past. However, I lost all my lives in 1-3, so the game ended for me.

So, anyone tried this challenge before? If so, are there any tips? I'm not so certain about gaining up Health Points (Mushrooms and Fire Flowers) to ensure that if I do get attacked, I get a few seconds to run and therefore, surivie without needing to murder anyone. It does seem to defeat the point of the challenge.

I also see that the game changed from being a game where you defeat enemies to a pure Platforming game, as you leap from area to area, making sure that none of the enemies can see you and attack you. It's an interesting thing seeing the entire game changed when one rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
~DarthGeek~
Rookie

I've tried, it takes a LOT of luck and patience. It's also impossible, whether you take the warp pipes or not, you're still going to have to kill bowser to beat the game.

Bow down to the droid overlords!
~DarthGeek~ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > How do you beat Super Mario Brothers without killing anyone?!