lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [NSW Short Story] - A silhouette of the dark
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
[Short Story] - A silhouette of the dark

Deleted by author.

Last edited by The_Catto; 03-24-2014 at 07:19 AM.
The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

You did a great job of setting an eerie, melancholy tone that turned from despair to hope. I saw a couple of sentences that could be cleaned up ("filling dinner"--the "filling" is unnecessary), but I enjoyed the story. Keep it up!

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Thanks Jimbo. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm not really sure what to do with this story though. I'm debating to whether throw it into the bottom drawer with all my other Shorts - to be lost and forgotten and never to be returned, or should I go ahead and try and get it published in a magazine or something. Even though I don't really know where I would start for that to happen.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

If you live in the US, go to your local library, and look for a book called Writer's Market. It has listings of literary agents, publishing houses, magazines needing submissions--all the places you can go to get your work published. I expect other countries would have a similar source.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

My place of residence at the moment is in a small place I like to call Australia.
I will head down to the library though anyways to look for something along those lines. Hopefully I can find something.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [NSW Short Story] - A silhouette of the dark