lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KotOR III :: Cloud Cities
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
KotOR III :: Cloud Cities

KotOR III :: Cloud Cities
Keeping in the tradition of my other post, I thought I would add another cool idea for KotOR III. I know the cloud city in "Empire Strikes Back" is not what it is during the old era; however, I thought it would be cool to visit a city in the clouds that is a throw back to the original idea. Mannan was a new planet concept, which I thought was a pretty neat idea. How about a city that looks similar to the cloud city in "Empire Strikes Back"?

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Mace's (Windu) home planet had such landscape, if I recall right. Well, at least it got pretty high mountains, and people lived on some kind of nests. I'll try to find it.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Sure...we visited Tatooine, Kashyyk too. I'd love to see how one of the famous movie planets is doing 4000 years before the movies.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Yes, Haruun Kal (Windu's homeplanet) meant "Above the Clouds" in Basic. Though like you said, Ctrl_Alt_Del, the people lived only in mountains which reached into the atmosfere, because everything under it was filled with toxic gases. Not the same as Cloud City, of course. Cloud City itself wouldn't work, because it wasn't even built in the Kotor Era, and I doubt there existed other "Cities in the Clouds".

Telos also was something different. I'm more for new planets, like Manaan and Telos, than planets from the movies, to be honest. We've already seen those. Exploring new planets is always fun. Or planets from novels and comics would also be cool. There are enough planets to be explored.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

Quote:
Telos also was something different. I'm more for new planets, like Manaan and Telos, than planets from the movies, to be honest. We've already seen those. Exploring new planets is always fun. Or planets from novels and comics would also be cool. There are enough planets to be explored.
I agree totally with that. I really want to Telos after the Republic and Ithorans succeed in recreating the planet's beauty. Seeing Manaan again would be nice; it was so peaceful there and it really set a nice calm mood in a very hectic situation. Seeing some more very little visited and explored planets would be nice also.

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 AM   #6
Jvstice

I can't think of another "cloud city" i've heard of in star wars lore. Mace Windu's world might be interesting, but I'd really like to see worlds at least mentioned in other games, or in the comics. Cinnagar in the Empress Teta system might have aspects of that, but they're not really a cloud city either, just it seemed that they weren't completely ground bound either.

I'd be interested in a water world like Manaan, but I wouldn't want to revisit it again ofr a new game set too soon after K1, unless you did something somewhere other than Ahto city. Perhaps it would be worthwhile if they looked at Mon Calimari or Lehon (again) instead.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I don't know what Lehon could contribute to Kotor3. Everything the Rakatan once were, is gone. The planet has nothing of interest anymore, I wouldn't go for that. Mon Calamari would be nice, as there are different sentient races on the planet, including the Mon Calamari themselves, the Quarren and few sentient fish races.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Cloud City, huh? Wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

As I recall, there was a mission in an early X-wing game (Rogue Squadron, I think, I can't remember right now) that had a city in the clouds, very similar to Bespin.

...of course, I didn't have time to meander around, you know, with the sky littered with tie fighters and interceptors and such.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Skywalker15
I really want to Telos after the Republic and Ithorans succeed in recreating the planet's beauty.
I like that idea. Since the Exile played such a large roll, it would be nice to see the fruits of her labor...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

When you think about it the KOTOR series is due for a "Clould City" kinda place. I mean we've had-
desert-tatooine
jungle-dxun, kashyyk
volcanic-korriban(although I didnt see one volcano)
grassland-dantooine
water-manaan ...etc.

It would be awesome if they could have both a city and a wilderness area on it...over all "Cloud City" is a good idea.

Mon Calamari idea is also great.

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
Corinthian
Banned

Korriban is actually Barren, not Volcanic.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Thats what I thought since Sleheyron ( the cut planet) was volcanic but on the galaxy map it says Korriban is volcanic...at least in K2 it does.

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #13
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Well, volcanic doesn't necessarily means "active vulcans" or a hell-place like Mustafar. All those mountains on the landscape must have originated from seismic activities, including volcanism.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
How about ord mantell? I liked rehawke's thing of it, but I want more of it.

It'd be interesting to see bespin so long before ESB.

True though, we need morer planets.......Like Arzid. THAT would kick ass. giant mushroom forests, tentacle vine bushes with a carniverous taste like a venus flytrap, HUMONGOUS spider like creatures. Rodentia scurrying about. Anthropods.

EXCELLENT.

Why not that orange planet that bane visited where githany poisoned him?
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #15
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Ord Mandell would be great.
I was always hopin for Dathomir to be in there somwhere. Rancor riding force witches- now they would be some tough opponents...one of them could easily be a party member option if your pc is darkside...

Arzid...never heard of it but it sounds friggin awsome!

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #16
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity
Why not that orange planet that bane visited where githany poisoned him?
You mean Ambria? It's not much more than a desert planet, but it was the homeworld of Jedi Master Thon, and the place where he took on Nomi Sunrider as his Padawan.

Arzid sounds cool, though. Makes me think of Felucia.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #17
Sam!
Rookie

Current Game: BF: Bad Company
Good idea. Just be careful you don't trip.
Sam! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Derila. That was Revan's homeplanet and if KOTOR 3 has anything to do with Revan I think that we should be able to go there.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #19
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

IF Deralia was his real homeworld. It could've been part of his new identity, though Deralia being in the Outer Rim and Revan being from the Outer Rim, it is a possibility.

Visiting Revan's homeplanet would be nice, though I'm not sure what part it'd have in Kotor 3.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #20
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
It depends, you have a point on " if that was his Real homeworld". His memory was erased and that might be a bit of information that was made up. Who knows?

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #21
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14
Ord Mandell would be great.
I was always hopin for Dathomir to be in there somwhere. Rancor riding force witches- now they would be some tough opponents...one of them could easily be a party member option if your pc is darkside...

Arzid...never heard of it but it sounds friggin awsome!
One should join your party regardless of LS and DS. There are LS witches as we know it.

And yes, having a Dominatrix style romance in the starwars universe would be lovely. I mean, I sorta got the sub girl in the form of Visas, its only fair...
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #22
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Yes there are LS witches and one should join the party regardless of alignment. It would be cool if they based her off of Tenel Ka from EU stuff. Tuquoise lightsaber with a polished rancor tooth hilt...plus she ditches the robes for tight fitting lizard hide armor...

Yes... absolutly love the romance idea.

Viva La Resistance!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KotOR III :: Cloud Cities