lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can Hanharr be trained as a jedi?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Spawnof theSith
Rookie

Can Hanharr be trained as a jedi?

Hey all, I am finally getting around to playing TSL a second time, and I am playing DS this time. I was wondering if Hanharr could be trained as a jedi?

Thanks

"Luke, I am your father!"
Thats not natural. But Oak Express is.
Spawnof theSith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Web Rider

no. There might be a mod out there for it though.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Jediphile
Persona non grata

IIRC, Team Exile has stated that they will restore/recreate the option to turn Hanharr into a dark jedi. I think one of the members said so here or on a related board. Team Exile please confirm, if any of you read this.

http://www.team-exile.us/

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
IIRC, Team Exile has stated that they will restore/recreate the option to turn Hanharr into a dark jedi. I think one of the members said so here or on a related board. Team Exile please confirm, if any of you read this.

http://www.team-exile.us/
Ow, I didn't knew that. Obsidian would make Canderous a Jedi too if they could. And the droids as well. All your party seem conveniently formed by Force-sensitives.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Ow, I didn't knew that. Obsidian would make Canderous a Jedi too if they could. And the droids as well. All your party seem conveniently formed by Force-sensitives.
Well they're really just meatbags in metal clothes. I'm sure HK74 would be offended I just said that.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
All but those, at least according to what Obsidian was planning.

It makes sense, though. Due to the exile's special powers regarding force bonds, he attracts potential force sensitives and basically "ties" them to himself without realising it himself anymore than they do. So they all follow him.

Not Canderous, HK-47 and T3-M4, however. Oh, and G0-T0. They are not force sensitive and follow because of their mutual connections to Revan.

Besides, wookiee jedi are well established:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tyvokka
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lowbacca

Lucas nixed the idea of Hanharr being a dark jedi, however, and that's seems to be the only reason he cannot become one in the game.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #7
Darth Balor

yes, we of TE have re-added the option to make hanny a jedi.

Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

But his fury attack thingy does not work well with Force speed.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
swfan28
Rookie

Quote:
PoiuyWired wrote:
But his fury attack thingy does not work well with Force speed.
Why not? Those effects should be completely separate.
swfan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Even if the extra attaks per round don't stack, (I don't see why they wouldn't, as it's possible to use flurry and speed at the same time) there's still the other bonuses to consider. IIRC they're some temporary attribute boosts and improved HP regeneration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
There is a WIP mod on this site that is going to make it so CAN train Hanharr as a Jedi.
http://www.freewebs.com/holocronproductions/home.htm (just click Index, then WIP)

I also remember readin somewhere of a mod that alowed you to train him as a Dark Jedi Guardian.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Actually, that was the dialog that I made for Team Exile; But, I never released it on my site to which you linked. Also, the mod you read about it was from the recent, but pulled, Team Exile release on FileFront. (So, they were one & the same to begin with...)

The answer, therefore, is that it is possible.

This mod has been released officially. Release thread

Last edited by Darth Balatro; 12-21-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
redshtef
Rookie

Current Game: Jedi Knight: JA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnof theSith View Post
Hey all, I am finally getting around to playing TSL a second time, and I am playing DS this time. I was wondering if Hanharr could be trained as a jedi?

Thanks
he can't, but you can use the KSE(kotor savegame editor) to edit his class.
redshtef is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
Allronix
Forumite

As others said, looks like they were going there in the cut content. Thank goodness they quashed the bit on Canderous. As much fun as Redhawke's Canderous-Sith mod was for that one game, I REALLY would never want to go there on that character, as the Mando'a are shaping up to be The Third Option in the GFFA.

Yes, I know Karen Traviss is Canderous in drag, but I still like what she's done with the Mandalorians, especially since the whole binary of "Jedi/Republic or Sith" can sometimes get annoying, especially for the multitude who aren't midichlorine mutants. Giving what was previously depicted as little more than bloodthirsty thugs an actual culture and language also helps.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Yes, I know Karen Traviss is Canderous in drag, but I still like what she's done with the Mandalorians, especially since the whole binary of "Jedi/Republic or Sith" can sometimes get annoying, especially for the multitude who aren't midichlorine mutants.
I consider Karen Traviss' meddling to be among the worst things that ever happened to the Star Wars canon, rivaled only by the EU's invalidation of Anakin Skywalker's supposed destruction of the Sith, and a few other things I could mention. Her blatant disregard for previously established continuity and overall failure to make good stories (putting the production of a good story far behind pushing her opinions on the priority scale) earns my disgust, and your praise of her compels me to wretch.

Quote:
Giving what was previously depicted as little more than bloodthirsty thugs an actual culture and language also helps.
How, exactly, does this make them anything other than the bloodthirsty thugs that they were from the beginning?

Quote:
I REALLY would never want to go there on that character, as the Mando'a are shaping up to be The Third Option in the GFFA.
The Mandalorians are the "third option between the dark side of the Force and the light"? I'm sure that's what people think when they hear the name of the franchise... "Star Wars: Jedi. Sith. Mandalorians." How about no?

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
Ping
Elementary.

Roleplayer 
Quote:
I consider Karen Traviss' meddling to be among the worst things that ever happened to the Star Wars canon, rivaled only by the EU's invalidation of Anakin Skywalker's supposed destruction of the Sith, and a few other things I could mention.
To be fair though, alot of the EU was made before Episdoe 1, which was before the Prophecy was introduced. I am so glad Traviss quit writing, even if it was for purely selfish reasons.

"There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability" - xxxHoLiC

"Justice? But I don't serve justice, Watson, I serve the truth." - Sherlock Holmes
Ping is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Can Hanharr be trained as a jedi?