lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: CMI sound looping problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
linklinker
Lurker

CMI sound looping problem

I have been recentley playing MI from the beggining and I finally got to start on CMI the other day. CMI refuses to play properly.

It plays fine but at random times during a conversation, the sound starts looping. I can still hit alt x and then y to exit. What bothers me is that I know CMI runs fine on this computer. I had recently reinstalled windows and I know all my drivers and such our back to the way I had them before.

Yet CMI has devolped this problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I installed the game and then moved all the files to the harddrive so I could play it without the discs.

I even tried playing CMI with scumm vm but it will spontanuesly (spelling?) crash. Plus it makes annoying popping noises every time someone speaks.

Please help. Thank you in advanced.

To Boldly Go Where No Adventure Game Classic Has Gone Before!
linklinker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
wordtoyourmother
Lurker

I'm having this same problem too. Everytime I start the game I can get through the cutscenes fine, but the second I do anything in the first room the sound starts looping. I can move around and collect items still, but I can't progress the dialogue at all once the sound begins to loop.
wordtoyourmother is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > CMI sound looping problem