lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Some interesting Telos discoveries I uncovered tonight.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

Some interesting Telos discoveries I uncovered tonight.

First I'd like to say sorry if this is the wrong forum... not sure where I would post this normally.

Now to the point. I had just gotten on Telos and on my way to getting my weapons back when I got to the spot where that one guy is staring off into the distance near the Telos authority place. Well I noticed Kreia was missing, so I clicked on her pic and she was down below that guy on the ground. So upon further exploration of the the entertainment module I found about 5 (possibly 6) walkable areas that I think may have been planned modules for more of Telos. The weirdest thing about one of the areas was that there is a female Republic Soldier down there. Very strange if you ask me.

Here are some screenies.

If you want me to explain how to get there I'll try and I'll take more screen caps of other areas I found.

EDIT: This topic is number 666 on the Taris Upper City Emporium! The sign of the Beast!

Mod note: Moved thread from Taris Upper City Emporium to Telos Tourist Bureau since it's not a mod release thread. ~M

Last edited by stoffe; 10-21-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Revan_Pwn_Malak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Darth Xander
Riding Pterodactyls

Current Game: Star Wars KOTOR II
I've has a look at this. Rememebr when the Exile left Citadale Station and Grenn got in touch with Carth and if you saw what I saw, Carth was standing in front of a Citadale Station wall. Maybe this Republic Officer was the prototype for who Grenn gets in touch with!

Darth Xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Gavroche
Rookie

I just made it into that area, if someone wants to know how to get there, just put an NPC in that corner and run into him. Due to some awkward transition, when the NPC usually warps away to let you pass, you will be warped in these zones.

(credits go to GameBanshee for the map, BTW)

I don't think there was plot involved in these places. Just a background to see some droids floating here and there, showing signs of activity in the station. It's better than a wall, so they did that. As to why you got there, well, that's the usual awkward NPC warping thing, and fortunately there was this off-ground area near enough to be warped there.
I had some similar bug in K1 once. Juhani got warped on the hologram-base of the Shadow Lands' Star Map. That was quite fun, though I had no idea about how I was going to make her get down.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Jediphile
Persona non grata

IIRC, those are areas that Obsidian were planning and then cut from the game when the schedule was shortened, just as a few places on Nar Shaddaa that you can see on your map but never enter. Not sure if Team Gizka or Team Exile are restoring any of them in their mods, though...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
well it was planned that Bao-Dur took you back to citadel station instead of going through the Telos military base so maybe that was one of the areas
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

There are multiple areas you can do the pushing trick, I'll try to take so more pics later. Would it be possible to somehow use these areas for future mods? Not that I can think of anything to use them for, but I'm sure they could be usable if possible.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan_Pwn_Malak
Would it be possible to somehow use these areas for future mods? Not that I can think of anything to use them for, but I'm sure they could be usable if possible.
It's possible, but because there's no pad leading to it, you'd have to warp your PC to that part of the area, and then warp them back to the higher level, otherwise they'd be stuck, obviously. But it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Not sure if Team Gizka or Team Exile are restoring any of them in their mods, though...
Team Gizka restores the unaccessible rooms on Nar Shaddaa, but not that (small) part of Telos. There's not really anything to restore really.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
Team Gizka restores the unaccessible rooms on Nar Shaddaa, but not that (small) part of Telos. There's not really anything to restore really.
Yep, there ain't even a door or shaft leading there...

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
Revan_Pwn_Malak
Rookie

Hmmm... with the development of custom modules, would it be possible to make a walkway to these areas?

Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
DarthVandar205

One possibility might be that the republic solider down there was meant to be used in some scene in the areas you can access and she was just down there because they had no other place to put her since there was no scene. Ive done that trick where ive gone into inacessible places and found people that were used in cutscenes for things but just got placed in out of the way areas when not in use. I think this inacessible area while it might have been planned for something was more than likely just placed there for asthetic purposes so there was more life to the place and so it looked bigger and more expansive than it is.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #11
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I already discussed this previously in the Modding Requests thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=180947
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Some interesting Telos discoveries I uncovered tonight.