lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do you see Jedi Exile in kotor3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-18-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
How do you see Jedi Exile in kotor3

Hey Everyone!

I was wondering how you saw the Exile portrayed in kotor3 if the PC is a new character.

Do you think the death of Kreia affected the Exile's powers?

How do you see the Exile in kotor3?
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Hi, welcome to LF,
I don't know really... I think the death of Nihilus would alter her powers if anything, Did her killing Nihilus seal the wound or have an effect on the nature of her powers, I don't know.... the Exile should definitely figure in K3 though

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I like to believe Jediphile's theory about Nihilus is right, and so, her powers have kept growing since Nihilus' dead. I also think, if we should see her again in K3, it'd be cool to see her wearing Nihilus mask. Imagine Revan and the Exile standing next to each other, the former wearing his old mask, the latter wearing Nihilus mask.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Kas'!m

I see him alone still looking Revan and neither of the two making an appearance, because the developers won't be see a way to put them in the game without angering anyone.
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #5
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas'!m
I see him alone still looking Revan and neither of the two making an appearance, because the developers won't be see a way to put them in the game without angering anyone.
That's why they can easily leave it open for the player to chose what gender/alignment Revan and the Exile were. Light or dark, male or female, we know that they will both be in the Unknown Regions. And if people are concerned about their appearances, that's where Revan's and Nihilus' robes and masks come in.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
Hipmonlee
Rookie

I'd rather she didn't appear physically in the game, but only be mentioned...

Quote:
This is the true one...I am telling you the truth...Do you believe me?
Hipmonlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
logan23
Veteran

That would be interesting to see Exile with the mask.

How would the mask affect the Jedi Exile?

I always thought of Jedi Exile as a vetern who was mentally hurt by the war. How would his story be finished so there is closure to the echo with in his mind. Kotor2 leaves you with an Exile who has reconnected with the force but also a person who has been used by Kreia. I can see the Exile with major trust issues.

I believe they can have both Revan and Exile in the game as major characters. They could have it where neither of the two characters die in kotor3.

Would you be mad if they only mention the Jedi Exile or have him/her killed off in kotor3?

I think they need Revan in kotor3 as a major character since the kotor series is centered around the events around him. They need to create closure.

Would you want to see Revan and Bastila to resolve their love story?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #8
CommanderRyan
Lurker

I think he will get stronger because he has killed Nihilus which sopposebly is the evil part of him. Killing Kreia might make him stronger due to the fact she was manipulating him (I think).

We Have Lost Control Kill Everone
CommanderRyan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #9
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
Would you be mad if they only mention the Jedi Exile or have him/her killed off in kotor3?
If only mentioned... well, it wouldn't be that much of a problem. But killed... yeah, I certainly don't want that.

But I definitely think the whole Revan thing should be resolved. I don't know how you could make him a main character, but I definitely think he should play a role in the game.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #10
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I don't think the Exile needs to be wearing Nihilus' mask. First of all, why would he/she wear it at all, even if he'she is dark-sided? I for one wouldn't mind seeing the Exile appearing different than how he did when I played as him.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #11
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
I don't think the Exile needs to be wearing Nihilus' mask. First of all, why would he/she wear it at all, even if he'she is dark-sided? I for one wouldn't mind seeing the Exile appearing different than how he did when I played as him.
I wouldn't know why she'd wear, but it'd be cool. But choosing her face in the beginning of the game is another choice, I guess. I wouldn't mind that. I just think it'd be cool to have the two 'leaders' of the army fighting the True Sith standing next to each other, both wearing their masks. Or even fighting together against those Sith.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #12
AnonymousFlash
Lurker

They could have a conversation similar to the one with Atton about Revan at the beginning of K2. In this conversation, your choices could determine whether Revan and Exile were male or female...I always pictured Revan with his mask...the Exile...not so much...Maybe after that conversation the game could randomly select one of the avatars from K2 to be used for the exile...
AnonymousFlash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
logan23
Veteran

I agree with the whole Revan story being resolved.

The Jedi Exile could have a new face, one that has scars do to a battle in the unknown region with an enemy which you will face in kotor3. The Exile could have a hood up to cover his/her hair. The face could be altered do to scars.

If we have Revan with his mask i would say we should stay away from having Exile with a mask. There can be a scene where the Exile shows you Nihilus' mask.

What if there was an option in kotor3 where you will have a chance to face off with Revan and Exile in seperate fights. Wither you fight Revan or Exile will depend on how you proceed through the game,kotor3.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #14
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
You could simply choose their faces at the start-up menu. It's easy to integrate into the storyline and you'll leave every player happy with how they look.

Ja, I'd like to see the Exile along with Revan again in KotOR III. Both of their stories are resolved, yes, but I don't think it would be terribly difficult to integrate them into the game and having another powerful Force-user show up out of nowhere and go from zero to hero would be old. It's been done to death already, and with how I've already grown attached to the main characters and party members of both games I'd like to see them again. A KotOR III without any of them would be like RotJ without Luke, Han, or any of the main characters from ESB and ANH that we were familiar with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #15
Corinthian
Banned

It's possible that we'll play one of them, probably Exile. I find it kind of improbable that they'll bring in a third completely new character, considering that they're heading to the Unknown Regions. Of course, we're operating under the assumption that they'll make KotoR 3, which is looking less likely by the second.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Playing as either Revan or the Exile of course rules out the need to choose a face, name, you name it, for one of them. I don't know, but I think Revan has a too mysterious background to play as him. He has much explaining to do! I, too, think, that if you'd be one of the two again, it probably be the Exile. Though I do think a completely new PC will be introduced.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #17
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
I don't want to see anything connected to the Exile. The only characters that matter to me are Revan and Bastilla. If I can read about them in an archive, that will satisfy my pallete. They don't even have to be in the game as NPCs. The Exile is a side track story, which should have ended in "The Sith Lords".

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #18
logan23
Veteran

If the Jedi Exile and Revan are both in kotor3, would you like them to be....

Working as a team?

Revan and Exile meet but they don't get along, so they will be working apart?

Revan and Exile have not meet yet?

Which combination would you want? explain....
Old 08-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Team.

If i played the K3 game, i'd want to have both Revan and the Exile in my party, fully customiable the way you had them in the last two games, and i'd use them to mow down armies. if i had lightside revan, i'd still want his darkside robe son him though, because the lightside robes looked really bad.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #20
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Working together as a team seems perfect to me. I wouldn't want them in my party though, just as the leaders of an army (or whatever it is). And I'd want them to have some influence on your journey.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #21
logan23
Veteran

So you would like to have Revan and the Jedi Exile working together in stopping the future enemy wither it is the True Sith or some other evil.

You would you mind if they are working together but they are not part of your PC's party?

What if one or both will join your party just as part of a mission, or...

You can play as Exile or Revan in a small mission as your party is doing another part of the mission.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #22
spark91
Rookie

I think it would be interesting if you met either Revan Or Exile in Kotor3 but you won't know it's them until the end or close to the end, this would still not reveal revan and the exile gender, looks, etc.. but still involves both charcters in the story.
spark91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #23
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
What if one or both will join your party just as part of a mission, or...
Could be nice, or maybe in a battle in the end of the game, fighting your way through enemies, while you see Revan and the Exile do the same not far from you.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #24
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas'!m
Me too. And I wouldn't mind if she wasn't mentioned at all.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
Wookiee Rrudolf
Rookie

Current Game: Two Worlds
I think it would be good idea to be a padawan of one of party members from one of previous games (K1 or K2) and search Revan or Exile or both to defeat some kind of evil (maybe True Sith). They wouldn't even have to show up in the game and K3 would be connected to K1 and K2.
Revan or Exile as a PC is a bad idea. What is the point of starting the game with character at level 20 (or close to 20)?
Wookiee Rrudolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 PM   #26
Jvstice

I'd really like to see some closure with Revan. I'd like there to be some drastic difference in the thinngs you can do with both if both are recruitable.

Revan is supposed to be the "heart of the power of the force. Exile is supposed to be invisible to those that see in the force. I'd kind of like to see something done with that.

Exile would be the ultimate Watchman or Sith Assassin, able to invisibly track even those ideally suited to seeing in the force, and immune to certain force powers. Revan should be powerful in whatever his or her chosen field, almost to the point of being freakish.

I'd have a lot less problem with a dead Exile than a Dead Revan. Killing off Exile would bring a lot of closure to the galaxy. Not exactly a Jedi. Not exactly a sith. Not even a normal Non Jedi Force user. And I'd kind of like to see an echo swell out and consume the sith home world.

Spoiler... sort of....

In Darth Bane, Path of Destruction, Revan's holicron taught Bane how to create a force bomb ritual. It would be interesting to see the exile be the first major known user of such a thing in the SW universe. And this time it be used by those trying to protect the Old Republic, rather than those attacking it directly. It would be an interesting reversal.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #27
Rogue Warrior
Banned

I think in the proper storyline she would feel regret over going to war, maybe bitterness towards the Jedi. The dialog options seem to indicate this is the case. Given light side being considered canon, and that she is considered a heroine, light sided.
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #28
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I would like to see both in K3 but not as part of your party, the furthest I could see would be for a little side thing like when some of your companions go to the Sith camp on Dxun while you go to Ondereon, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that only you have the Exile and Revan doing something.

Maybe something like Revan has been captured and is being tortured on Zoist or another big true Sith planet, the Exile finds out where he is and she and T3 put a plan in motion or maybe just her, In my head I would think she would take T3 with her at the end of K2 and everyone else on a Jedi Academy...Telos or Coruscant to start rebuilding the Jedi ranks but either way T3 or no the Exile finds where Revan is breaks into a fortress to save Revan they bust out of there while a bunch of true sith warriors are trying to contain, capture, or kill them(You know those big red guys) So Revan was saved by the exile then later as they're trying to escape the exile gets in trouble and Rev saves her and then this could go either way they escape together get on the Exile's ship that she managed to hide from the notice of the sith then they take off to Coruscant or something to warn the Republic and prepare or they're escaping they're in a tight spot, looks impossible for them to get out of this one and then BAAM! T3 comes flying in with a ship(not the Ebon Hawk, that was left on Telos or Coruscant for repairs) guns blazing while the exile and rev hop on the landing entrance and get the heck outta there.

I want a new character in K3 a new Jedi and one that isn't all super powerful, just a regular jedi that has a bigger role to play but isn't made out to be the last possible hope the galaxy has or we're doomed. When you're finished your training and go out on missions on your ship I don't think Revan and the Exile would join you as being super powerful Jedi and they have their own things to do, I guess you could talk to them once or twice or they could give you hints and advice.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #29
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I do not want to see Exile in KOTOR 3. I really donít even want the Exile talked about over being merely mentioned. My reason being is my Exile is not cannon, and my Exile had her own reason for joining the Mandalorina War. The Exile isnít a cookie cutter PC like Revan, she has more depth and more choices in TSL for us to decide the PC motivations behind certain events.

If KOTOR 3 is made, I donít want the developers to destroy KOTOR or TSL and I certainly donít want them to destroy my favorite PC of all time. They would even have to know your PC name and record voices for each name, because you certainly wouldnít call the Exile, the Exile any more. She is now a master in the Jedi Order (if LS) and has brought the order back from nothingness.
mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #30
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

If K3 comes out:

The Exile will likely be waring a mask (Darth Nihilus) and won't speak at all or in Sith-like langauge. He/She will also be located in the Unknown Regions, and won't be in any real control over the Jedi/Sith Order that he has created, except for a nominal title of Jedi Master or Sith Lord. Instead, The Exile is busy allying with Revan and attacking the True Sith.

Maybe he wouldn't appear and just be mentioned. Or maybe he would be killed off along with Revan.

I would object if Revan and Exile do join up with the Third PC's party, the game is about the Third PC who should be the hero...and NOT about the Third PC being a "sidekick" to Revan and Exile. Ego-stroking is very objectionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #31
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I like the idea if the Exile and Revan teamed up togather, to stop some dangerous threat or go on some "adventureous" mission.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #32
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
With my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #33
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
With my eyes.
well of course...

Old 10-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #34
Jediphile
Persona non grata

I've always taken the vision of Revan in the tomb on Korriban in TSL as an indication that Revan and exile will both be DS in KotOR3, and that the exile will be Revan's subordinate. That bit has always looked like foreshadowing of what was to come in KotOR3.

Then again, since KotOR3 was not developed and published as originally planned, that is all now subject to change.

But I do suspect that was Avellone's original intention with that Vision of Revan in TSL - the only time we ever see him in the game.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #35
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
I also agree with Avellone's original intention. I mean you hardly hear of the name "Revan" in TSL, and the Exile only had that vision because of what happened in the past. Maybe seeing Revan was an indication of what is to come??

Old 10-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #36
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
I also agree with Avellone's original intention. I mean you hardly hear of the name "Revan" in TSL, and the Exile only had that vision because of what happened in the past. Maybe seeing Revan was an indication of what is to come??
I think so too. I mean, consider the visions we see. There are four of them - the shyrack nest and infinite hssiss spawning points do not count, since they are just monster that live in the cave.

The first vision is of Malak recruiting young jedi for Revan's crusade against the mandalorians. This is the past, before the Mandalorian Wars.

Next is the minefield, which is during the Mandalorian Wars. Also the past.

Then you have a scene where Kreia is confronted by Atton and Bao-Dur with other companions joining in. Clearly this is a vision of the present.

And finally you have a vision, where you meet Revan. You must fight him, but note that just before you do, you can see an image of yourself (the exile) standing behind him. If you learned Force Sight from Visas, you can confirm that both the visions of both Revan and yourself are exceedingly darksided, probably even with dark side mastery.

Now, consider the timeline. First you have before the Mandalorian Wars, then during the Mandalorians, then the present, and then... what?

If you've played the exile as LS, then he has never been darksided - at worst he could be called only "grey" during his years of wandering. Indeed, that he did not turn to the dark side at Malachor V is the very source of his problem. Yet the visions of Revan and exile are always extremely darksided, regardless of what alignment you chose for Revan and how you've played the exile during the game.

And as the vision of Kreia says what you meet her: "You are to be commended for making it this far.You've revisited the dark moments of your past, and now you must face the present."

So first visit moments of the past, then the present... What would follow next?

Kreia doesn't say so, of course, but then that is consistent. It would be surprising if she did, since she never volunteers anything, and she always hides her secrets.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #37
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Thank you for the confirmation Jediphile.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:53 AM   #38
Rogue Warrior
Banned

The visions try and warp the facts, such as Bastila siding with Malek, Kreia not actually being confronted, so how accurate are they?
Rogue Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2007, 06:08 AM   #39
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior
The visions try and warp the facts, such as Bastila siding with Malek, Kreia not actually being confronted, so how accurate are they?
Except as Malak points, Bastila did join him. Not right off, but in the end she did. The second vision seems to be very close to what happened. The third vision is a confrontation between Kreia and the companions, which is something that would have happened, if Obsidian had not been forced to cut the sequence due to the rushed deadline.

Visions like this should always distort reality, but what the confrontation with Revan is not something you see in the game - you never meet him. Given that and taking into account how the visions occur in the timeline, it seems pretty obvious to me, that the vision of Revan represents the future.

What happens in the future is, of course, ambiguous to say the least. Otherwise it would be a big spoiler. But I would conclude three things from what I see that vision, because they are quite prominent during the event:

1. The exile will meet Revan (This fits with the end, where Kreia tells him that he must follow Revan).
2. The will both turn to the dark side.
3. There will be a confrontation between (this need not be an actual lightsaber duel, but it could be).

But yes, this is conjecture. It certainly is now that KotOR3 is on hold, since that means the plot will be whatever the devs who get to do decide for the plot, if or when the project is finally begun.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #40
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Warrior
I agree with Jediphile. Those Jedi that were in the vision where only some of the Jedi that followed Revan. If you logically look at this situation it is in an order: Malak recruiting (past),vison with Kreia (present), confrontation with Revan (future). This obviously is a sort of spoiler for KotOR III, or a book, or comic on KotOR III.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > How do you see Jedi Exile in kotor3