lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lost My NWN2 Launcher
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Lost My NWN2 Launcher

Hey, guys!
This may be out of place, but I can't get any help elsewhere, and I know there are good people here who might be able to help me with my problem. I tried to install MOTB and was not able to get it done. My launcher for NWN2 somehow disappeared, so InstallShield thinks I do not have NWN2 installed. When I tried to uninstall NWN2, I got this error message:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1356)
PAPP:Neverwinter Nights 2
PVENDOR:Atari (http://www.atari.com/nwn2)
PGUID:F20C1251-1D0A-4944-B2AE-678581B33B19
$10.0.0.159
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 232.64

Does anybody have any solution?

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
This may be out of place, but I can't get any help elsewhere, and I know there are good people here who might be able to help me with my problem. I tried to install MOTB and was not able to get it done. My launcher for NWN2 somehow disappeared, so InstallShield thinks I do not have NWN2 installed. When I tried to uninstall NWN2, I got this error message:
If you haven't already you could try manually removing the Registry keys for NWN2. That usually makes a launcher/installer believe that the game hasn't been installed and let you proceed.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
I was gonna say, go into the NWN2 folder, extract some of your savegames you want to keep, delete the entire folder after that and re-install NWN2 and MotB, I'd also remove the registry keys like stoffe said, though I dunno how to do it since I've never had to *touches wood*

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Sun
I'd also remove the registry keys like stoffe said, though I dunno how to do it since I've never had to *touches wood*
Go to the Start/Win menu and pick Run..., then type in RegEdit in the box. In the application that opens, select the top node in the tree view and select Search in the Edit menu, and search for terms like NWN2, Neverwinter Nights and Obsidian. That should hopefully find the relevant keys.

Standard disclaimer: Be careful what you remove/edit in the Registry, you may mess up your system if you do something bad.

stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Standard disclaimer: Be careful what you remove/edit in the Registry, you may mess up your system if you do something bad.
Which is why I don't look forward to having to do that lolz

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Lost My NWN2 Launcher