lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How can I change the Base Item?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
dcinroc
Rookie

How can I add new item to the baseitem.2da?

I have installed several weapons mods, and they are all great. However, I was wanting to add them to the baseitem .2da.

So what do I need to do?

Last edited by dcinroc; 10-31-2007 at 04:46 AM. Reason: clarify
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcinroc
I have installed several weapons mods, and they are all great. However, I was wanting to tweak a few.

Specifically, I want to change a modded blaster rifle to use the bowcaster as the Base Item rather than the blaster rifle while still keeping the look of the modded weapon.
The base items are defined in the baseitems.2da file. Be aware however that the icon, model and textures of items are tied to what base item they use. Every base item has a model name (set in the 2DA file) followed by a Model Variation number suffix for different appearances of that type of item. This Model Variation number is then set in each UTI template to determine what model within the base item type will be used for that particular item.

Last edited by stoffe; 10-30-2007 at 11:22 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
dcinroc
Rookie

Thanks, I am total noob to the modding thing.

But what about the .mdl, .mdx, .txi, .tga files?

For example, the modded weapon I am trying to alter does not change the baseitems.2da file, but it does come with a .uti, as well as the files listed above, so which ones would I need to change to accomplish my goal?

This weapon is unique, not a default skin that came with the game...so what I am really trying to do is reassign this unique skin to a different base item.
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > How can I change the Base Item?