lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [SPOILERS-KotOR1]Sand People quest problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Vladan
Lurker

Question [SPOILERS-KotOR1]Sand People quest problem

I have a problem with Sand People quest on Tatooine. I'm going for Light side, so I want to do the quest without killing them.
I got HK-47 and 2 Tusken robes for myself and other member of my party (Bastila). I can go through Sand People Territory without getting attacked, but when I enter the enclave I get immediately attacked without HK starting the conversation with the guard.
Anyone experienced this problem or know how to get around it?
Vladan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Moving to Padawan's Lounge. Welcome to the forums, too, Vladan.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
This might be a stupid question, but did you equip the Tuskan robes on yourself and Bastila?

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur
This might be a stupid question, but did you equip the Tuskan robes on yourself and Bastila?
I think so, he said he managed to walk through their territories safe...

Anyway, try reloading.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

put it this way, if you kill them all you will finish the mission also...

But I would suggest finishing the Tusken mission the nice way, DS or LS. Yes after everything is done and quest solves you can still deliberately piss off them sand terrorists and get them to fight you, thereby killing them all and getting all the good loots.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Vladan
Lurker

Well I have already finished the game 3 times (2 dark and 1 light), although back when it first got out, so I know my way around for the most part.

Anyway, I have tried reloading and there's no difference. I've even tried starting from my save when I first got to Tatooine, still no luck
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Well, change the party members...

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Cebot
Rookie

This has happend to me before. I think I ended up having to just kill them all (DS route). Either that or you would have to start a new game.

My Mods
New PMHC06 Head

New PC Head

"People said I was dumb, but I proved them." ~ Phillip J. fry
Cebot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
swfan28
Rookie

This is a bug that happens only sometimes. To get around it save your game right before entering the enclave and load if you get bugged. I think using the return to Ebon Hawk function will also work. Just make sure you do this far enough of the turrets because they will be hostile as the module loads. If your party is too close they will gun you down before your disguise's effects are applied making it impossible to continue the game.
swfan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
Vladan
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfan28
This is a bug that happens only sometimes. To get around it save your game right before entering the enclave and load if you get bugged. I think using the return to Ebon Hawk function will also work. Just make sure you do this far enough of the turrets because they will be hostile as the module loads. If your party is too close they will gun you down before your disguise's effects are applied making it impossible to continue the game.
That is exactly what happened to me today!
Anyway, I reloaded dozens of times, went back and forth, changed party members, etc., and it finally worked after like 2 hours :P

Thanks all for help
Old 11-21-2007, 04:05 AM   #11
ekliepsis
Lurker

Sorry for the late response. When I recently helped my 8-yr-old brother with KOTOR on the Xbox, I noticed he had this same problem.

Apparently, in his inventory, there were two groups of Tusken robes. They look and are described identically, but they do not act the same. One of these groups is bugged and does not work properly as a disguise.

My recommendation is to create a save point, equip every one in your party with Tusken robes from either the top or bottom group (except HK, of course), then try to get into the enclave safely. If that doesn't work, reload that save point, equip your part with robes from only the other group, and try again. Hope this helps!

I never noticed this on my PC version. Thank the maker for patches!
ekliepsis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > [SPOILERS-KotOR1]Sand People quest problem