lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tabula Rasa
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Current Game: LotRO, EQ2 & RoM
Hot Topic Starter 
Tabula Rasa

Also known as War of the Worlds: the MMO.

lol

Anyone playing this? If youre not used to fps (which Im not), then it will be kinda hard to get used to. Its usual MMO style with fps-like targeting. Its fun, sorta laggy, but fun.

Im on Cassiopiea... and turn off general chat, nothing but kiddies that think they are awesome... >.>
Aash Li is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I played in the Beta. It was interesting, but hardly a real FPS. If it didn't cost monthly to play, I'd probably buy the game and play it whenever I got bored with other games.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I use BF2142 when I get bored but I had thought about giving Tabula Rasa a try just to see what it was like. My problem is that I'm hopelessly addicted to WoW

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Hot Topic Starter 
Meh... wow bashing aside, TR is ridiculously fun. Ive gotten to 13 already, and hardly feel that theres any grind to it (yet). You dont loot money, you get credits for every kill you make. While it has elements of FPS in it (mainly the targeting), you can set it up to mouse-move like in WoW. You can auto-loot by walking over the chara.

Theres no death penalty to speak of, especially considering you can get a trauma kit and erase most if not all of the "res trauma". You dont loose xp, and you only loose money when you repair.

Ive never been a scifi game addict as Ive always liked sword and sorcery types better, but this game really is fun. ^.^
Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester

Current Game: First Strike
Forgive me, I just have to:
Enter Zero Punctuation!

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #6
SentinelRivers
Rookie

Was impressed with it during the BETA, the combat especially reminded me alot of SWG although much better, it never really felt like you were grinding and with the XP bonus whenever you went on a killing spree it just made it all that much better to mindlessly kill for awhile. Purchased the retail version hoping that the horrible memory leak that was around in BETA for a long time would be ironed out by launch, unfortunately it wasn't which was a major letdown as the game becomes pretty unplayable after an hour or two of playing (the screen starts completely freezing for 30+ seconds every 10-20mins). So account is cancelled until they ever decide to fix it.

I can't really see it being as long-term as WoW.
SentinelRivers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Hot Topic Starter 
How long did you play it for? The retail I mean. They just recently had a patch. I dont have problems with it freezing up totally like that, usually its just lag (between server and graphical) and it evens out after a moment.

And I dont think it will be as popular (with gold farmers) as WoW is, because as you pointed out theres not much grinding, and money is ridiculously easy to come by.

It depends on how long-term youre wanting to play a game. Warcrack only has the potential for longer terms because of the massive amount of grinding.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
SentinelRivers
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aash Li
How long did you play it for? The retail I mean. They just recently had a patch. I dont have problems with it freezing up totally like that, usually its just lag (between server and graphical) and it evens out after a moment.
About a week. Dying from the freeze just got too frustrating after awhile.

Think my account might still be running, I'll give it another try if it is.
SentinelRivers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
Aash Li
Speak nerdy to me! ;P

Hot Topic Starter 
I also turned off most of the graphical frills like flora, refraction, and the deferred lighting, turned down distance viewing a little, and set the res to lower than my monitor. The only time I get really bad lag is in control points on maps 1 and 2.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Tabula Rasa