lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [WIP] Playable Characters by RedRob41
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #121
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
For K2 would it be possible to use the combat animations of the Gand on a Jawa? Their about the same size, and the Gand have most combat animations.
But I don't know if its possible, so if its not... I never said anything.

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #122
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
How about some brand new droids that have more complete animations? Perhaps using a human model but adding the explosion/death animation?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM   #123
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
For K2 would it be possible to use the combat animations of the Gand on a Jawa? Their about the same size, and the Gand have most combat animations.
But I don't know if its possible, so if its not... I never said anything.
You cant just use animations of another model onto a different model, sadly dosent work that way. Ask SithSpecter, he is the master at that kind of stuff. Cant wait for his cape....

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #124
Lord-Vadus
Lurker

I have a question, do u think u could make the tusken jedi robe usable by other characters. like just the robe part not the mask
Lord-Vadus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #125
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Vadus View Post
I have a question, do u think u could make the tusken jedi robe usable by other characters. like just the robe part not the mask
a few people have asked me that:
My idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
A few people here and at FileFront have asked if the Tusken Jedi robes could be used to replace the standard Jedi robe (tunic) for K1. I gave it a try yesterday, and had mixed results. I was able to model the Tusken head out of the way, and get the PMHC01 head to show up on it. That worked fine, but all his animations were the same as the Tusken (mostly the hunched over resting body position). It would look strange to go from standing tall in a suit of heavy armour, then put on a robe and suddenly look like he's carrying a piano on his back. If I can figure out a way to change the animation set, then I'll go ahead with it. Settoken seems to have recently come up with a way to do it, but he's still working out the method, and hasn't released a tutorial yet. I'll keep an eye out for it tho, so hopefully one day (in the future) I'll be able to make a long Jedi robe for K1.
I haven't played with it in a while, because I wasn't having favourable results. It still might be possible, but I'm just concentrating on other stuff right now.

I'm trying to make a quick and dirty playable version of all the aliens (just one skin each, plus portraits), but some of them are giving me grief. It's all about the pesky animations . The other stumbling block is the modeltpe column in the appearance.2da. I'm not sure what all the different letters stand for (B = big?, S = simple?, L = ?, F = ?).

I'm also working on new underwear skins & models for both K1 & TSL.

Of course, everything has got to take a back seat to packing and moving.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #126
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Wow! I can only say

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #127
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
The other stumbling block is the modeltpe column in the appearance.2da. I'm not sure what all the different letters stand for (B = big?, S = simple?, L = ?, F = ?).
From my limited experience with the appearance.2da file, all that I can tell you from my experience is that F = Full Body Model. You'll probably have to look at the models to see the differences in them.

I swear I remember someone making a tutorial about this, but my keen eyesight isn't seeing one.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [WIP] Playable Characters by RedRob41