lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Now that Mass Effect is coming out/out.....
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 AM   #41
Uilleand
Rookie

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
Mass Effect is seriously awesome, so I'm pumped for a potential KOTOR III!!!
Yes...yes it is...

...seriously...

If...if...(sends out prayers to the heavens and all who might be watching...) KotOR III is on the way....the potential is staggering...

And, while I really, REALLY don't believe that ME is some kind of 'test run' for a KotOR...I *do* see little bits of Jade Empire in ME...certain movements, even certain sound files. (Spooky music in some places is similar to the music in JE's graveyards)...

Oh...and I certainly won't be playing any MMOs...unless they're run on a sort of NWN kind of scale...I love my games and my stories, and I adore most of the people I yak with on boards like this...but nothing, *nothing* could compel me to interact with most of the brain-dead yokels that I've encountered in MMOs...*shudder*

"... I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room." - Ray Bradbury
Uilleand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 AM   #42
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

After Mass Effect, LucasArts should now see the potential of Bioware and make a deal for them to produce the KOTOR 3 game, using Mass Effect's game engine and graphics = Total Kick @$$

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #43
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
It would be one B.A.M.F. for sure!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #44
Devilsfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uilleand
Yes...yes it is...

...seriously...

If...if...(sends out prayers to the heavens and all who might be watching...) KotOR III is on the way....the potential is staggering...

And, while I really, REALLY don't believe that ME is some kind of 'test run' for a KotOR...I *do* see little bits of Jade Empire in ME...certain movements, even certain sound files. (Spooky music in some places is similar to the music in JE's graveyards)...

Oh...and I certainly won't be playing any MMOs...unless they're run on a sort of NWN kind of scale...I love my games and my stories, and I adore most of the people I yak with on boards like this...but nothing, *nothing* could compel me to interact with most of the brain-dead yokels that I've encountered in MMOs...*shudder*
I almost died laughing in ME when we're on Noveria and you have to intiate a neutron purge and the computer asks you for a code to initiate it and you can choose mumble something and your PC goes "7 9er semper *cough*

Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #45
Hoad
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
After Mass Effect, LucasArts should now see the potential of Bioware and make a deal for them to produce the KOTOR 3 game, using Mass Effect's game engine and graphics = Total Kick @$$
My thoughts exactly.
Hoad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #46
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I was disappointed with mass effect, and although the graphics and engine Rule, I tend to agree with a certain Game Site...

Quote:
Despite its many strengths, BioWare's sci-fi epic was the game that most disappointed us this year. After releasing an amazing game like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to virtually unanimous praise, you'd think the development team would have used a nearly identical formula while constructing Mass Effect. Instead, they took Mass Effect in the same direction that Bethesda took Oblivion after Morrowind's success - they developed it for the masses. The game's character development options have been drastically reduced from dozens of unique attributes, feats, skills, and force powers to a handful of talents and unoriginal biotic abilities. KotOR's hundreds of hand-crafted items with long, witty descriptions and various statistics and effects have been cast aside in favor of an uninspired equipment system with three numeric scores and a Roman numeral to define each item's power. On top of that, enemy strength and loot are scaled to the player's level Oblivion-style, the number of companions compared to all other BioWare RPGs has been reduced, inter-party dialogue is strictly limited to the ship, combat is real-time and only allows for limited strategic maneuvering while paused, and landing on uncharted planets is, well, not what it was cracked up to be.

As a result, Mass Effect is essentially an action title with subpar RPG elements, and for that it receives our "Disappointment of the Year" award. While the game is still certainly worth playing for its excellent audio, cinematic dialogue, and storyline, Mass Effect is arguably BioWare's most lackluster role-playing game to date.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Now that Mass Effect is coming out/out.....