lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #41
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

inyri, is your mod compatible with Allronix's dialogue pack and Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod? I ask because your mod use unk44_evilbast.dlg from Allronix's dialogue pack and dan14_cutscene.dlg from Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod. I have one last actually, is the global.jrl what monitors the journal entries?
BrollytheMighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #42
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
In its full form? Probably not. I've used Allronix's mod, but I'm not familiar with Master Kavar's. However if the dialogues in conflict are not one of the ones I noted in the read-me as being required, they are not crucial for my mod to function so you can go ahead and overwrite them. You only risk hearing Juhani's voice in those dialogues instead of Kay's. Solution: don't bring Kay with at those times.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #43
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

i am guessing the unk44_evilbast.dlg is the dialogue from dark side bastila on rakatan temple, but I have no idea which cutscene dan14_cutscene.dlg refers to.
edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?

Last edited by BrollytheMighty; 01-06-2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 01-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #44
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?
Basically. I didn't set them to overwrite with this kind of circumstance in mind. If you already had those mods installed, then my mod will not have overwritten any dialogues you previously had except the few that are set to overwrite.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:44 PM   #45
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

okay then, thank you very much inyri. btw, this is an excellent mod. One of the better ones I have played in a long time.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #46
Sinapus
Rookie

I noticed something odd with the resolution of the Kashyyyk feud. The dialogue between the Wookies comes up, I side with Freyyr and the dialogue ends, I get LS points and... no combat beings. Speak to Chuundar again and the cycle repeats but no combat. Trying to cut and paste the kas23_chuunda_01.dlg out of my override to see if it changes anything... and combat begins normally when that file is removed.

--
"Rule 37: There is no overkill, there is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload'." -Schlock Mercenary
Sinapus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #47
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Yeah someone already mentioned that particular dialogue is bugged. If you know which one it is, just delete it for the time being. I'll be working on fixing it.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #48
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

actually, that one is bugged for me too, but I got it to work w/o deleting the dialogue file by reloading my save a couple of times. I also chose the absolute light side option of "Can't we solve this w/o any bloodshed?".
Old 01-09-2008, 03:38 AM   #49
Jack of Tears
Lurker

I'm having a similar problem on the Leviathan ... after I defeat Malak for the second time the scene jumps to the Dialogue between Carth, Bastilla, and Myself just before we're taken aboard the ship - discussing Saul and deciding whom to have rescue us. When that conversation ends (for this second time) I am left standing next to a non responsive Malak with nothing to do.

Not sure what I need to do to fix this, some help would be appreciated.
Jack of Tears is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 AM   #50
Jack of Tears
Lurker

Well, I found a way around it - I removed the "lev40_carth.dlg" file before the second duel and once I finished the second pass with Malak the scene continued as it was supposed to, with Bastilla running in to save the day.

Removing the file did make movement difficult and I had to navigate around by clicking on door controls - since mouse movement became inopperable - but I got there. After the scene with Bastilla and Malak I had to put the file back, otherwise the game would crash while escaping on the Ebon Hawk.

I hope that helps anyone who comes here with the problem in the future.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #51
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

If you had read the read-me you wouldn't have had to figure that out yourself.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #52
Jack of Tears
Lurker

::laughs:: You make it sound so obvious. Problem is, I'm not much of a computer person, so when I see talk about removing, replacing and changing files I flatline. Thus, I read the "read me" right up to that point and next thing I know I'm waking up in Tiajuana with a harry man and a bottle of tequilla in the last two places I want them.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #53
rearviewmirror
Rookie

Oh man this is gonna be wierd with her looking like my PC. Very wierd. My only reservation is that it's been awhile since my last play-through. After Dantooine, is there any Juhani plots that I might miss? Which ones?
good looking mod.
rearviewmirror is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #54
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Well seeing as how Juhani won't be in your party, you'll miss all her relevant plots as a party member.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #55
DarthSomething
Rookie

I'm having a problem on the Endar Spire. The Sith Troops that need to be killed before I can get to the escape pods are neutral/friendly. So I can't fight them, and I can't open the door.
DarthSomething is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #56
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSomething
I'm having a problem on the Endar Spire. The Sith Troops that need to be killed before I can get to the escape pods are neutral/friendly. So I can't fight them, and I can't open the door.
Get the Force Electrocution Mod (I think thats what its called), it allows you o kill anyone. I'll try digging up a link.

And if the door still wont open set your security at 99 then use security on it, should work.

BTW what does this have to do with Kay?

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #57
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
BTW what does this have to do with Kay?
I can't see how it would be. Nothing is altered that would cause such an issue, nor have any of the other 1000+ downloaders reported anything similar.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #58
DarthSomething
Rookie

It was something different it appears. Not a problem now.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #59
Sinapus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
Yeah someone already mentioned that particular dialogue is bugged. If you know which one it is, just delete it for the time being. I'll be working on fixing it.
Okay, I thought there might be differences since the previous person noted a problem with a DS type of dialogue and mine was LS.

Either way, this mod is excellent.

--
"Rule 37: There is no overkill, there is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload'." -Schlock Mercenary
Sinapus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #60
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

Inyriforge, I found another problem with your mod. If you put the bugfix file in your override folder before you are at the point where you face Malak on the Leviathan, then it fire the script that has Bastila saying "This isn't over Malak." Therefore, you cannot go any further. I like your mod a lot, but if it is a bugfix, then it shouldn't introduce another problem just to fix one.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #61
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

There are no scripts involved. The dialogue you're speaking of is is just a copy of the original game dialogue file. If you're having a problem it's likely not caused by my mod.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #62
Hando
Rookie

Would this mod have some kind of problem with DeathDisco's Recruit Rojem A'Sai mod since Kay and Rojem would both help you fight the dark Jedi on Tatooine? Does the dialog with Kay start immediately after the fight?

I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.
-Han Solo
Hando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #63
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

You'll have to manually talk to Kay, and she won't help you with the Dark Jedi unless you take a while to kill them.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #64
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

Yeah, I noticed that on my most current playthrough. I was using a hardcore mod and it made the dark Jedi pretty difficult. The battle took long enough that Kay came over and started fighting as well.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #65
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Well I'm relatively certain I set it so she can't die...

Old 01-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #66
Talyn82
Rookie

Just downloaded this mod after the watching trailer. Great work and thanks for all your hard work.
Talyn82 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #67
DarthSomething
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollytheMighty
Inyriforge, I found another problem with your mod. If you put the bugfix file in your override folder before you are at the point where you face Malak on the Leviathan, then it fire the script that has Bastila saying "This isn't over Malak." Therefore, you cannot go any further. I like your mod a lot, but if it is a bugfix, then it shouldn't introduce another problem just to fix one.
I've had the same problem.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #68
DarthSomething
Rookie

Okay, new problem. When I crash land on Rakata Prime, the dialogue scene (where they talk about the temple, the disruptor field, and finding parts to repair the Hawk doesn't trigger. I'm in the main hold, all the party is gathered, but no one says anything.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #69
Beastamon
Rookie

Thumbs up

Your mod is super-excellent Inyri
Beastamon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #70
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Cool Guy Me too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinapus
I noticed something odd with the resolution of the Kashyyyk feud. The dialogue between the Wookies comes up, I side with Freyyr and the dialogue ends, I get LS points and... no combat beings. Speak to Chuundar again and the cycle repeats but no combat. Trying to cut and paste the kas23_chuunda_01.dlg out of my override to see if it changes anything... and combat begins normally when that file is removed.
I had same bug, problem is kas23_chuunda_01.dlg dialog is missing a branch, the one that triggers the fight with Chuundar and the Czerka thugs, I'm gonna report this soon to Inyri if she doesn't already know ... you can extract the dialog through KotorTool and edit it by yourself if you know how Just fix the dialog and enter the scene again.

good luck

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #71
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Just deleting it is easier until I put out the patch. I've been told about that particular one several times and I have it listed in my 'known bugs list' on my forums.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #72
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Inyri, quick question.

Would deleting the saber and saber crystal from your mod make a problem?

This is in relation to my previous question about Kay's saber overwriting another saber after i get it from Lynara.

Also i've noticed that the volume level on the convos differ from the rest of the game.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #73
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Do it and find out. I've got enough to worry about without doing tech support for other people's mods.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #74
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Well, i just ran into something odd on Kashyyk.

I have Kay and Bastila in my party, i've just had the first meeting with chuundar and am heading towards the lift to the shadowlands when i run into, a second Kay?

When i clikk on the new kay i get the message to take Juhani out of the party and clikk on kay again if i want to replace juhani with Kay.

This message is odd to me since i killed juhani on dantooine and belaya on korriban.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #75
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

I've not encountered that myself nor have I received any other reports of that happening.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #76
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Unhappy

I'll find out what happens when i do two things and i'll edit this post after.

1: Adding the 'new' Kay to my team.
Edit: Well, just added the 'new' Kay to the team. Her convo was exactly the same as on Tatooine.

2: Not adding the 'new' Kay to my team.

Edit: Don't know if this has anything to do with the mod, but in two different saves i found this when i tred to use the KSE to look at the quest list.

I click on it and the KSE stops working and shuts down.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j...BigProblem.jpg

Last edited by Danyael27; 01-24-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #77
Biges
Rookie

Hi! Great mod, thanks!
Only a small ask for help. A blank quest entry appeared in my quest log and I think it may be related to the Kay Mod, I think it appeared after I talked with Kay for a few times (although I think the main Kay quest is not started yet). I deleted in KSE all visible quest entries, but this one remains. Is there a way how to find which is the entry related to?
Thanks
Biges is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 AM   #78
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

I can imagine that might happen if you aren't using my journal file. Did you choose not to when you installed?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #79
Biges
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
I can imagine that might happen if you aren't using my journal file. Did you choose not to when you installed?
I run TSLPatcher.exe and it installed without errors. What is the journal file? Global.jrl?
Good point! I checked some lines in your journal and it that in my Override folder and they are missing. I should correct it.
Damned! I used JRLMerger.exe before to merge changes done by various mods (including your) and these from RedHawke's mods. But it I made something wrong... so again... and I have more complete journal!
The quest entry is no longer blank it is named "Tag-Along", which is an improvement But it has no description. I hope it updates once the Kay's quest moves forward.
Thanks for your help, InyriForge!
Biges is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #80
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

You don't like the journal name?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod