lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problem with disc B crashing
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
redsaint9
Lurker

Problem with disc B crashing

Hey I'm ahving trouble in the second year of the game. Wheenver I try to change the disc from a to b, the game crashes back to desktop. I am runing Windows XP on an intel pentium 4 and a geforce 7300. Any help would be much apprecaited. Thanks

Oh and I did download the patch (1.01).

It didn't help.
redsaint9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
SalvadorsSkull
Rookie

That is odd, What might work is reinstalling the game with the full version. That way you can play the entire game on disc 1
SalvadorsSkull is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
Classique
Lurker

i have the same problem and i've had it ever since i first bought the game. I got frustruated and put it away till yesterday. now i am trying to play it again because i have a better computer. I can play year one just fine but as soon as i put in disc b it crashes

When u say install the full version... is it now available as one disc instead of 2? lol i have no idea if it's been re-released in a different form

*eta: ok, scratch that. after re-installing and messing with some stuff i probably shouldn't have it now crashes almost immediately in the game. so it's not just disc b.

Last edited by Classique; 03-06-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Classique is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Try using Benny's Grim Fandango Setup to run the game from your hard drive, thus cutting the disks out of the equation.

You can get it here:

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/grim-fandango-setup

I recommend uninstalling the game first.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Problem with disc B crashing