lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Listing of Available KOTR I Restoration Work
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-04-2008, 06:15 AM   #121
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Trying to fire a cutscene in those areas will also fail because of the range issue, as far as I know.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #122
lactose_
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony636 (post #77)
For example:
Quote:
54. Due to a small glitch in a dialogue file Bioware forgot to fix, conversation between Juhani and Canderous that takes place on Kashyyyk is never heard in the final version of the game
This is 1/10, since it requires about 10 seconds of work to fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG (post #78)
Loony, that is a very good point, that was funny that you picked that one item that is so easy to fix, i had just been thinking about posting about it, going through the list this AM...anyone up for a quick fix and some nice restored content to add for us all?

54. Due to a small glitch in a dialogue file Bioware forgot to fix, conversation between Juhani and Canderous that takes place on Kashyyyk is never heard in the final version of the game
Well, that's fine and dandy, but I asked about this particular point in post #39 on the 1st page of this thread and didn't get a proper reply...
lactose_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #123
DarthStoney
To bed. I'm old and tired

Contest winner - Modding Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't know if anyone else is doing the czerka module restoration but here is a mini-map and .are file I made that anyone is welcome to use as they want.

http://h1.ripway.com/dstoney/m21aa.rar
DarthStoney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #124
Robespierre

Quote:
Well, that's fine and dandy, but I asked about this particular point in post #39 on the 1st page of this thread and didn't get a proper reply...
Well does that dialog trigger? Could someone play through it and find out if that issue actually exists?

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #125
Seamhainn
Forumite

Quote:
#7. As a "reward" for rescuing Shen and Rahasia, the PC had the option to make an... indecent proposal (Shen for female PC, Rahasia for male) shortly before Ahlan and Nurick show up.
Was this ever restored in a way it was "originally" intended? I looked it up, and although I don't have a proper savegame to test it, it should be a snap to restore it.

I know that there is a mod which scratches the gender requirement intirely. Everyone his/her own taste I'd say, but if the request of the community would demand it, I'd give it a go to restore the "original" content.

Take care
Seamhainn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #126
Robespierre

Quote:
Was this ever restored in a way it was "originally" intended? I looked it up, and although I don't have a proper savegame to test it, it should be a snap to restore it.

I know that there is a mod which scratches the gender requirement intirely. Everyone his/her own taste I'd say, but if the request of the community would demand it, I'd give it a go to restore the "original" content.
There was a mod that restored the content and removed the gender conditional. Not sure where it is...but it would probably be a simple task to get permission from the author and re-add the conditional script.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #127
Seamhainn
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony636
There was a mod that restored the content and removed the gender conditional. Not sure where it is...but it would probably be a simple task to get permission from the author and re-add the conditional script.
Erm, as its only two entries in the .dlg file I don't need the permission per se. I'll give it a go anyway...
Seamhainn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #128
Robespierre

Ah well. My bad.

I just got permission from Allronix to cannibalize her dialog pack to remove the custom dialog (though it is VERY good). It will give a 'pure' restoration.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #129
Dan Loto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyael27
I figured watching from the side as the two sides exchange blasterfire and grenades.

The distance isen't so great that you can't see that something is going on over there.
I have an idea, which I'll illustrate with this complex diagram:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...an88/xye-1.jpg

The yellow area could be Vulkars vs. Beks since the Bek base is sort of on that side.

The red area could be Vulkars vs. Sith since the elevator to the Uppercity is on that side.

It wouldn't be a cut scene. I'd just have to add a few Sith troopers, Vulkars, and Beks. To keep them fighting you could just set their minimum hp to 1.

The blue area could just be some people walking around like they do in the Uppercity. They wouldn't even need dialog. But if I do this then I'd be tempted to restore the cut pedestrians on the main area of the Lower City.

So I guess I'll play around with it and see what it looks like.

Dan Loto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #130
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Looney that was very nice of Allonix, great to hear.
Dan restoring those cut pedestrians would be wonderful to see.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 01:30 PM   #131
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Yeah Dan, your idea sounds very good.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #132
Dan Loto
Rookie

I have the Sith vs. Vulkars in. I was really happy with how it turned out. They were acting like it was a real battle over there. I expected them to just stand in lines and shoot but they broke formations and went crazy! ...probably over reacting.

After I post this I'll start working on the Beks vs. Vulkars.

About the cut dialog. Some of it looks like it should be on the Taris Swoop track. I might try just changing the the closet in tar_m03ab into an elevator like they did with the Vulkar base. The beds in the appartment would just be the swoop rider medical area. The elevator would take you to a new swoop track module with the cut people that were supposed to be there.

Current problems: Cut scenes in the module are broke again I only added people to the .git so far...I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I clicked openwith the wrong .gff editor...my poor aim...

Last edited by Dan Loto; 02-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:14 AM   #133
BToaster
Lurker

About movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG
#32. Although a majority of the cut content was during gameplay, Bioware either forgot or cut out a small number of CGI movies.

Upon looking at the list of movies on my Xbox version of KOTOR, I decided to write down a small list of the movies in question.

Filenames corrispond to names of movies you find in the "movies" directory of your KOTOR game directory.

05_1c - The Ebon Hawk Escapes Taris (Although this cutscene is in the game, Bioware apparently forgot to add in the appropriate data in order for it to become availible in the "Movies" menu once you see in during the game. This is a dramatic sequence in which you escape from the city and you see the bombardment and destruction of Taris, very well done)

05_9 - The Ebon Hawk Enters The Battle Near The Star Forge (Set before the ingame cutscene in which you contact Admiral Dodona, this small yet very well done cutscene for some reason never appears in the game. It would've made quite a nice little introduction to the Admiral Dodona scene.) [Ed Note: CG: this would be a very nice restoration for some skilled coder from the community to restore and insert this vid back in the game.]

07_3 - The Ebon Hawk Escapes The Sith Marauders - Variation 1 (Apparently, if you survived the random space ambuses long enough, this scene would've played. I've played the minigame a hundred times and have never been able to get this cutscene.)

07_4 - The Ebon Hawk Escapes The Sith Marauders - Variation 1a (The same as the movie above, but in a reversed camera shot.)
Hi!

I managed to create a mod that corrects those issues. You can find it here. (That's my first mod! )

It appears that 07_3 was originally meant to be played during the escape from Taris as an introduction to the encounter with the sith Marauders, and 07_4 during the Unknown World approach.
BToaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #134
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Superb BToaster, thanks from all of us! Adding to the list now

/cheer!

DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #135
Dan Loto
Rookie

CrisG,

I finished a beta version of the Taris Lower City restoration mod. It's not done yet but it's very close.

Link: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186181

Feedback on my choices would be nice.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 AM   #136
CrisG
Aging Jedi

OK Dan will look at it tomorrow and will add beta info to the list, great work, excellent to hear about.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #137
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Hey Chris.

I just remembered something.

In one of RHs mod you meet Zhar near the hawk and he has VOd lines i've never heard before.

Basically he speaks about helping you on your quest, afterwards he dissapears like the shapshifter you run into on Kashyyk and you then have a very nice lightsaber.

If i remember correctly RH made the mod with Maverick187. (Though i could be wrong.)

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #138
Dan Loto
Rookie

The first "real" Gamorrean Stronghold release is ready for testing! http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186251

Old 02-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #139
Darth Xander
Riding Pterodactyls

Current Game: Star Wars KOTOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Loto
The first "real" Gamorrean Stronghold release is ready for testing! http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186251
Gamorrrean Stronghold, also known as a pig sty? :XP:

Darth Xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #140
Dan Loto
Rookie

Don't underestimate the Rakghoul eating pigs. O_O

Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 AM   #141
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
#54. Due to a small glitch in a dialogue file Bioware forgot to fix, conversation between Juhani and Canderous that takes place on Kashyyyk is never heard in the final version of the game
I'm surprised that Shem hasn't recorded this for his extensive YouTube collection!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #142
DarthJebus05
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Loto
I have an idea, which I'll illustrate with this complex diagram:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...an88/xye-1.jpgi
Hold on, is that Vista running KOTOR 1? If so, how the heck did you do it?
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #143
Dan Loto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
Hold on, is that Vista running KOTOR 1? If so, how the heck did you do it?
You just have to show it who's boss!

It's nice to see the list shrinking...

Old 02-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #144
CrisG
Aging Jedi

Yes it gladdens my heart every day to see how hard you are all working and how much is being accomplished!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #145
DarthJebus05
Banned

Sleheyron Restoration (WIP):

www.sleheyron.proboards49.com

Original Holowan Thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186244
Old 03-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #146
DarthJebus05
Banned

Quote:
#52. At one point, you encounter an injured dark apprentice.

Voices associated with this can be found in "streamwaves\m44aa\injs03".
m44aa is one of the Unknown Temples module. I did some searching and came across this room:

Theres a fair few lockers in that room, I forget, but I think it was called the Armory.

The VO's said she couldn't get out of bed, so she might of been lying on it, or standing next to it. You can put a character on a bed, Bastila being a fine example (torture scene).
Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #147
Dan Loto
Rookie

I just thought of something about Sleheyron that needs to be answered...

How many moons/stars does it have?

Old 03-29-2008, 03:43 AM   #148
CrisG
Aging Jedi

I will try to ask David as i think that is the only source we have, there is no listing for the planet elsehwere in the Star Wars data bases that I have found. I will try David on that Monday and with any other questions ppl may have that he many be able to answer. I did send him the link to the ongoing work on Sleheyorn so he could see how it is being reborn.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #149
Dan Loto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisG View Post
#42 - In early builds, you could actually talk to a bith. You know the aliens who played the famous cantina music from "A New Hope"? Those were biths.

You could talk to the bith in question on Korriban. Apparently, the bith provided information on the academy and how to get in.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen090.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen091.jpg
I found another cut Bith. One of the first two Duros who get "raided" by the Sith right outside of your apartment on Taris was suppose to be a Bith. The proof is in his dialog file. His name is Ixgil http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ixgil and he's the one who...died.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #150
DarthJebus05
Banned

Thats interesting. Thats very interesting.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #151
Dan Loto
Rookie

I didn't think about it until now, but security spikes are semi-cut content too...right?

Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #152
Sithspecter
Mod Longer, Forum Less

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I took a look at #41, the cut library on Korriban, and it appears that the model files for the library are missing. I changed the doors to be openable, but there is just blank nothing behind it. Also, I checked the existing model files vs. the ones in the .are, and they're the same, and there are numbers skipped, so Bioware did intend for the library to be there, it just got completely but out of the game.

Sithspecter is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #153
Robespierre

Is there a difference between Xbox Kotor 1 and PC Kotor 1? The module *might* be on the Xbox version, like with K2.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #154
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
That was checked my Team Jawa. No difference.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-06-2008, 04:34 PM   #155
Dan Loto
Rookie

I think the only differences between versions are that the Xbox has the free roam camera cheat and a different HUD.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #156
Dan Loto
Rookie

Going through some old screenshots, I found some possible cut content. A few are probably known.

1-Cut Outcast Kids-In the game files there’s a few other npcs cut out of the Undercity as well.
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40858

2-Dantooine Soldier.
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40849
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40844

3-Sith on Dantooine (After Leviathan?)
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40846

4-Cut force…fireball?
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40873

EDIT: Looks like Darth InSidious made something like it by accident...
mod link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...e_Powers;87989

5-Cut Biths
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40860
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...75.html?gs=165
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=101
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=102

6-Cut Manaan Dark Jedi? Possibly with Darth Bandon’s group, but, there is a Dark Jedi corpse down there for some reason.
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40819

7-Big Rakatan Rancor
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...553.html?gs=88
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...553.html?gs=94

8-Korriban Wraid
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...553.html?gs=89

9-Cut Tatooine Ronto. Looks like there was two by the hanger.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=205

10-Taris or Sleheyron? Kind of like sky boxes...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=255
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=240

11-Cut Speeder?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=414

12-Cut Items. If you look closely they say (Comlink, Comlink, Comlink, Homing Beacon, Engine Grill, Glow Rod, and...medpac)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen021.jpg

13-Free roam camera (Cut from PC version of game?)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mbz4M7td--Q

Reference pictures:

Dantooine Landing Pad
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/star_wa....html?id=40847
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...75.html?gs=162
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...75.html?gs=167
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=386
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...53.html?gs=385

Gamorrean stronghold evidence.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...75.html?gs=179

Old trailer containing some of the above.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=azWRLp-nt84

EDIT: Removed some of what seemed to be promotional art and what wasn't cut.

Last edited by Dan Loto; 06-18-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #157
JCarter426

I was talking with Dan about this earlier...anyway, a lot of it looks like cut content--for example, the Biths, Sleheyron, and some of the stuff on Dantooine (post-Leviathan stuff). But a lot just looks like it was staged for promotional art. Still, it's worth looking into.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2008, 10:58 PM   #158
Revan 411
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
I was talking with Dan about this earlier...anyway, a lot of it looks like cut content--for example, the Biths, Sleheyron, and some of the stuff on Dantooine (post-Leviathan stuff). But a lot just looks like it was staged for promotional art. Still, it's worth looking into.
I agree alot of it looks like Cut Contact you know?

Revan 411 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2008, 11:24 PM   #159
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

To be quite honest, i thought those screenshots were from mods.

Thats what it looked like to me.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 PM   #160
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
the cut monster is a katarn and the 3rd pic under "Taris or Sleheyron?" is manaan

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Listing of Available KOTR I Restoration Work