lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help with Palpatine Mod Please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
wjs7744
Rookie

Help with Palpatine/Eclipse Mod Please

Hi there, I am looking for help with a little mod I am trying to make. I read the sticky on XML mods, and it has been very helpful with some minor mods I have made before. However, I am now trying something a little more ambitious, have run into a problem, and have come here to see if any of the more experienced modders can help me out. Basically, I am trying to give Palpatine the Eclipse the same way that Vader has the Executor. At first I tried copying over the relevant parts from his entry:

Quote:
<CategoryMask> LandHero | SpaceHero </CategoryMask>

<Attach_To_Flagship_During_Space_Battle>No</Attach_To_Flagship_During_Space_Battle>
<Stay_In_Transport_During_Ground_Battle>No</Stay_In_Transport_During_Ground_Battle>
<Always_Spawn_In_Orbit>Yes</Always_Spawn_In_Orbit>

<Unique_Space_Unit>Executor_Super_Star_Destroyer </Unique_Space_Unit>
When I did this it worked fine, except of course that the Executor has Vader's sounds, which I can fix later. However, when I changed it to:

Quote:
<Unique_Space_Unit>Eclipse_Super_Star_Destroyer</Unique_Space_Unit>
The game crashes with an exception. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, and/or what I need to do to fix it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the game crashes when I enter combat with Palpy, if it makes any difference.

Last edited by wjs7744; 01-08-2008 at 07:32 AM.
wjs7744 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Modding forum > Help with Palpatine Mod Please