lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: swb3 propably not coming out...
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
skywalker91
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
swb3 propably not coming out...

Hi all,i am new here....back to the topic.As you all know we have heard rumors of bf3 since months before bf2 released.Lucas arts is NOT interested in making bf3,this is bad news for us all.When bfrs came out I thought this is really the end,no bf3.If anyone finds any new updates about it plz post.
skywalker91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1
 
JoeDoe 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aeros
Posts: 1,907
Where did you read this??? Sorry, but you gotta put up links to back up your words, until then nothing is confirmed


JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
Oh joy, more fortune tellers coming to grace our forums with their "Inside knowledge".



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Indeed. How could you possibly say no to Battlefornt III, I'm sure Lucasarts noticed The PC,PS2 online community and the fact its in the top ten Original Xbox games list(in number of players) and still has a community on the xbox version regardless of the new games.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
darkjedimonkey
Rookie
 
darkjedimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Brazil. My plane crashed.
Posts: 212
dude look at your odds.
do u think we all are really going to just listen to u and say...."oh well he said that bf3 isnt going to exist even though he has no proof at all."
unless i have some hardcore evidence u can shush
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
MedicineBaby
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Most isolated part of southern hemisphere
Posts: 2
You might have seen this before, but Lucasarts have teamed up with Free Radical Design to design a next gen game for platforms only giving us that its "Top Secret". Here is a link to the pres release to have a look:

http://www.frd.co.uk/game6/pressRelease.php

Something to keep your SWB3 hopes up.
MedicineBaby is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
old news



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
darkjedimonkey
Rookie
 
darkjedimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Brazil. My plane crashed.
Posts: 212
tell me about it
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #9
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
lol, you always find the one person that does this...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
darkjedimonkey
Rookie
 
darkjedimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Brazil. My plane crashed.
Posts: 212
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker91
Hi all,i am new here....back to the topic.As you all know we have heard rumors of bf3 since months before bf2 released.Lucas arts is NOT interested in making bf3,this is bad news for us all.When bfrs came out I thought this is really the end,no bf3.If anyone finds any new updates about it plz post.
are you going to give us proof?
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
Darth Eclipse
Junior Member
 
Darth Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 332
Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Of course he isn't! Star Wars Battlefront 3 HAS to come out!!! I will never forgive Lucasarts if they don't make it! Well...I might forgive them if they make a KOTOR 3...
Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #12
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Really? It's almost a year since this was last active, and you post? There are plenty of other, newer topics in this forum that highly support the likelihood of the third game, even to the point where we know who's making it. Free Radical is supposedly making it. They've even announced a "Secret LucasArts Project." And since we have other evidence to support it, it's highly likely. Reportedly to come out sometime in March 2009.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56 View Post
There are plenty of other, newer topics in this forum that highly support the likelihood of the third game, even to the point where we know who's making it.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56
Free Radical is supposedly making it.
First you claim that it's known who is making it, and then it's supposedly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokkenblader56
They've even announced a "Secret LucasArts Project." And since we have other evidence to support it, it's highly likely.
Could be anything, could be a BF3, could be the KOTOR-based MMO recently announced. And the evidence isn't exactly conclusive.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #14
M@RS
The New Tax Collector
 
M@RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,898
All I can say, is that they'd better make SWBF3 for PC...


Looks like a fruit cake to me. - Brutus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q View Post
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's like the planets are aligning or something.
M@RS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post

Could be anything, could be a BF3, could be the KOTOR-based MMO recently announced. And the evidence isn't exactly conclusive.
Its pretty much accepted knowledge that bf3 is being developed, there have been multiple reports from different sources confirming it, arguing about it is pointless.



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #16
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
Its pretty much accepted knowledge that bf3 is being developed, there have been multiple reports from different sources confirming it, arguing about it is pointless.
If that is so, and if it is supposedly coming out in March 2009, why has Lucasarts not mentioned it?

They usually announce games well in advance of six months from a supposed release date.






Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
March 2009 was the originally mentioned deadline from multiple sources. However, that has not been confirmed, either by LucasArts or Free Radical. And that deadline was mentioned quite a while back. Either it wasn't accurate, or it has since been bumped up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #18
Darth Eclipse
Junior Member
 
Darth Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 332
Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
If someone posts information from a reliable source then I will believe that SWBF 3 is coming out in March 2009.

Don't be a jerk. Is unnecessary -ET

Last edited by ET Warrior; 10-23-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Well thats not very nice Eclipse, but I do bleieve we wont know anything until 2009.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #20
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor
 
Bokken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 566
Current Game: Abandoned Realms
I'm trying to be neither cute nor funny. Exactly how you reached that conclusion is beyond me. If you'd bothered to read other topics rather than resurrecting this one, you would have noticed some of the other users have made posts along these lines. News? Kotaku has posted news. Amazon had the product. Get the point? For a while, it was said to be March 2009.

As for my linguistic mistake when referring to Free Radical, that was an accident. I meant that conjectures have been made. Based on Free Radical's other games, it's more likely that it's SWBF3. Also, LucasArts had a bit of a falling out (or something like that) with Pandemic, and as far as I know, not with BioWare. That Free Radical is developing BF3 while BioWare is still doing KotOR3 has been a relative given.

And yes, there have been quite a few other, newer topics about this in the rest of the forum. By newer, I mean within the last few months, rather than from almost a year ago. With more optimistic information that that found in this topic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #21
Bs|Rogue52
Rookie
 
Bs|Rogue52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Eclipse View Post
If someone posts information from a reliable source then I will believe that SWBF 3 is coming out in March 2009. Don't say something that just popped up in your dumb little brain, bokkenblader56. I know that you are trying to e cute or funny or something, don't try. You're bad at it.
I almost don't want to respond to your arrogance, but there is some pretty solid evidence aside from the hundreds of pages on this topic which you couldn't apparently find a current one. Never mind the fact that the series is a cash cow.

These links were posted by triphammer from GWL.

Amazon screenshot

Article from IGN


Acta Non Verba
Bs|Rogue52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #22
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller
 
GeneralPloKoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 1,532
Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
BAM!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > swb3 propably not coming out...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.