lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Ban on Sagging Pants Debated on Dr. Phil
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-30-2008, 10:15 AM   #41
Aeroldoth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat
No, the sagging pants are no more protected than a guy wearing boxers in public(which is against the law in some places).
You've obviously never been to Miami, FL.

Quote:
Heck in some areas it is illegal for a man to be on a public street with his shirt off(now that is insane).
Where the hell is that?!

Quote:
I don't have to be making laws for it to be possible for a person to get a public indecency ticket for having exposed genetalia.
Let me clarify that I was not suggesting that people walk around with genitals fully exposed (IIRC the US Supreme Court had ruled that nudity was not inherently obscene). It was a rare exception when anything popped out in front of me, just as women's breasts have occasionally popped out of shirts, bras, etc.

I do believe people should be able to dress as they please or, to phrase it anoother way, gvt has no right to tell people how to dress.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
Sorry, I truly am. I was extremely tired because I was researching WWII facts on the net for a couple of hours, and really didn't know what your gender was up until last night. I was simply tired, so once again sorry!
And, once again, no need to apologise!

Incidentally, I don't think I've indicated my gender here on LF... I could be wrong. Anyways, I was just surprised that you would be surprised that some people find men attractive. You don't live in Ogre country, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Sitherino
Wait, you mean pants are designed to de-bulge?

I feel ripped off.
Sure, don't you remember all those commercials:

"Excuse me, are those bulge-boy jeans?"

Last edited by Aeroldoth; 01-30-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Aeroldoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #42
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroldoth
You've obviously never been to Miami, FL.
I thought the qualifier made it abundantly clear that this is not everywhere.

Quote:
Where the hell is that?!
It was in New England somewhere. I think it was Mass. I can't remember exactly, I just remember it because it made CNN at the time, and I laughed about how silly it was.

Quote:
Let me clarify that I was not suggesting that people walk around with genitals fully exposed (IIRC the US Supreme Court had ruled that nudity was not inherently obscene). It was a rare exception when anything popped out in front of me, just as women's breasts have occasionally popped out of shirts, bras, etc.

I do believe people should be able to dress as they please or, to phrase it anoother way, gvt has no right to tell people how to dress.
So long as the government can tell people what can be broadcast on public media, they can also regulate to an extent how people dress. (Hint: I'm not a fan of media censorship either, I think it should be the viewers that censor based on their households preferences)
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #43
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroldoth
You don't live in Ogre country, do you?
Nope, I live in America.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #44
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
America, the hoem of the not-so-brave anymore...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #45
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
If people are able to ban sagging pants people will eventually think of complaining about video games and banning them to. We must stop this ban so people wont think of the power of complaining.

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2008, 12:45 AM   #46
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracentral
If people are able to ban sagging pants people will eventually think of complaining about video games and banning them to. We must stop this ban so people wont think of the power of complaining.
actually its the other way around. Video games have been banned in several countries around the world for various reasons. The US doesn't do this as we have the companies willing to use their legal muscle to ensure that a ban does not go through.

Lets face it, banning of being partially disrobed is nowhere near the same as attacking a product that in order to be seen must be purchased. Which they already do not allow in the hands of minors. Heck if they can tell me I cannot smoke in property I own because it is a business, they can sure as heck tell you to pull up your pants.

Certain clothing is already restricted. Wearing Gang Colors is against the law in some areas.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > The Ban on Sagging Pants Debated on Dr. Phil