lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: No no, get OJP HERE <------
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
No no, get OJP HERE <------

http://ojp.awardspace.com/index.php?...id=15&Itemid=1

New players, just follow that quick "wrote-it-at-2AM" guide and dunlandz everything from the main webpage.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
I hate to be picky, but this constant avoidance of the autobuilder is silly.

You need to use the autobuilder and create a proper installer to avoid all the "the mod isn't working!" problems. I believe this is a big deal for most of the users. We don't want to turn them away with install issues when they've already been resolved with the autobuilder.


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
NVM. I've been informed of the autobuilder problems. Just be sure to post clear install instructions.

Frankly, I can't understand that euro-english or whatever that is on the awardspace page.


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
I'll put it in a step-by-step scheme in a minute.
Personally I don't use the installers since my SW folder is on a second partition in a games folder and I hate trying to figure out whether I need to choose the gamedata folder or the star wars: jedi academy folder every time. I like the whole copy-and-paste thing more

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
Well, it's a complicated process for newbies and sometimes there's versioning issues if we don't use the installer.

Besides, the installer really is easier for most people.


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
UDM
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 922
Yup I agree the installer makes things so much easier for newbs to dl and play. Plus I was the one who suggested this idea

But there are some horrendous immediate issues that need to be fixed with it
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #7
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
WAHh... installer.. im newb POO PANTS..

no im serious..

If you do a official release i hope it will be in a installer, cause this will confuse the oready confused masses


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 02-10-2008 at 06:26 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 04:32 AM   #8
Dex Dakari
Rookie
 
Dex Dakari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Are the links to the enchancedstuff.pk3 and dll thingy the same as in your sig,max?

btw your sig links to mediafire fail.
Dex Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Ive just gotten the enchancedstuff.pk3 ... it took ages until it finally worked. I was trying all day.. finally tried it again 10 minutes ago and it worked. God dam... anyways finally played it now. Wanna note a bug. the new menus for controls dont have the writing for quick parry, ?? its a blank line but you can set a control for the blank line.. im guessing the line hasnt been given a name.

disruptor seems to kill one shot when in scope, just by tapping the fire button... it removes the whole point of charging the gun... so its seems to be the most over powered weapon on the game. lol i killed 6 saberists the other day before they came up to me with that scoped tap fire.. lol

and how come all the weapons now have a x/300 ammo... even the rocket launcher has the 1/300 ? that dosen't seem right.. you should have unlimited ammo in reserve??


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 02-10-2008 at 01:20 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
You guys are doing it wrong, I just tried it and it works perfectly for me. Are you sure you remove all of your previous files before you install the ones in my sig/on the site?

Disruptor doesn't do that for me, although a scoped shot forces players to dodge, it's hard enough using the gun as it's virtually useless against jedi in non-scoped mode and scope mode leaves you open, moreso than anything else.
Weapons should and will not ever have infinite ammo, that's retarded. 300 ammo is already too much and I'm hoping we can decrease that sometime soon.
Really you guys seem to be doing something wrong, I had a full server of people using the code and the enhancedstuff just the other freaking day...

I hate installers, they never install into the right directory and just make it messier inside my jedi academy. There are no "confused masses", there are people that are getting the wrong signals due to an non-updated web, non-updated forum links and non-updated threads as well as no real easy guides on what to do and where to start.
Now it doesn't get simpler than how I've written it down on ojp.awardspace.com, if people are still having trouble with installing it properly I suggest you hire some kind of professional writer.

OJP's releases come at too high of a frequency for an installer to be handy in my opinion, and, seeing as how - if I were to want an installer - I would have to be begging people to make for me at 2-3 AM at the earliest to actually get an installer of the current version, I just don't think that system works too well.

If, however we're talking about the 'big' releases like 0.1.1 and 0.1.2, those I can agree with. But until those are released an installer isn't needed, and we're miles away from having 0.1.2.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
DarthDie
Junior Member
 
DarthDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 407
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=d...d&fileid=14881

Hopefully bug free installer, pk3's will be posted tomorrow, cause I have to go to sleep .


OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."

Last edited by DarthDie; 02-09-2008 at 11:03 PM.
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #12
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
OJP's releases come at too high of a frequency for an installer to be handy in my opinion, and, seeing as how - if I were to want an installer - I would have to be begging people to make for me at 2-3 AM at the earliest to actually get an installer of the current version, I just don't think that system works too well.

If, however we're talking about the 'big' releases like 0.1.1 and 0.1.2, those I can agree with. But until those are released an installer isn't needed, and we're miles away from having 0.1.2.

but your right about the reserve ammo. i think it should either be unlimited (that was the whole point for making the "regenerate ammo" thing.) and put a limit on ammo for some weapon that don't use batteries. like the rocket launcher.


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 02-10-2008 at 06:18 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #13
JRHockney*
Moderator
 
JRHockney*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,255
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDie
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=d...d&fileid=14881

Hopefully bug free installer, pk3's will be posted tomorrow, cause I have to go to sleep .
Good job, darth. I'll post it up in the get OJP here thread once I'm sure its bug free.


Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #14
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden
high frequency? haha, yer right. I know a mod that comes out new version every month, you guys release a new version every half a year.. thats not high frequency. thats average frequency.

but your right about the reserve ammo. i think it should either be unlimited (that was the whole point for making the "regenerate ammo" thing.) and put a limit on ammo for some weapon that don't use batteries. like the rocket launcher.

also for the first time I've decided to take a stab at using guns. what does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator?
Are you seriously going to continue being an uninformed source of irritation or actually check your facts once in a while and get some actual sense in your argument? You are aware of the fact that we've released about 4 to 5 different internal beta versions in the last three weeks(!) and that each and every time, I posted them not only on the website but also on these forums?

You're getting to be quite tedious to be around with your holier-than-thou manner of interaction with the people people and I'm sure as hell that I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #15
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
Are you seriously going to continue being an uninformed source of irritation or actually check your facts once in a while and get some actual sense in your argument? You are aware of the fact that we've released about 4 to 5 different internal beta versions in the last three weeks(!) and that each and every time, I posted them not only on the website but also on these forums?
i am not aware of any constant beta's been released,, and im sure that no one else knows that.. except for the beta testers.. which is probably only about 5 people... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
You're getting to be quite tedious to be around with your holier-than-thou manner of interaction with the people people and I'm sure as hell that I'm not the only one that thinks that.
im glad you think that way, another enemy to put on my list.

answer my question cretin

What does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator!!!!!!! man the thermal alt seems to be the same as the primary fire...

while the rocket luancher has a different sound for the alt fire but the missile seems to move slower.. anyone care to explain.. cause Maxstate seems to be in a "ass hole" sort of mood today


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 02-10-2008 at 06:36 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #16
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden
i am not aware of any constant beta's been released,, and im sure that no one else knows that.. except for the beta testers.. which is probably only about 5 people... LOL
I don't see how it's our fault that you're unable to find the new version when there's 3 threads on this forum with it and my sig contains the links to them as well. Do you want me to pre-chew my position here and show you what I mean? I'll be glad to show you each and every post, and each and every thread that contains information about the new versions if you think you'll learn to use that knowledge to find them yourself in the future.

If not, that's ok with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
im glad you think that way, another enemy to put on my list.
I doubt you have the writing skills to create a list of any sorts. Hating myself for using that but I couldn't help myself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
answer my question cretin
Ask someone else, I don't owe you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeholden
while the rocket luancher has a different sound for the alt fire but the missile seems to move slower.. anyone care to explain.. cause Maxstate seems to be in a "ass hole" sort of mood today
...

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #17
Revolves
Rookie
 
Revolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden
What does the alternative fire do for the Rocket launcher and thermal detonator!!!!!!! man the thermal alt seems to be the same as the primary fire...
I'll be nice to you on this one.

If you put your crosshair on a person while you have rocket out and right click, it will start locking on said person. If you complete the lock, you'll be able to shoot a rocket which will seek the said person.

TD Sec is same as Prim as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden

im glad you think that way, another enemy to put on my list.

answer my question cretin
This however, is not a good way to ask questions. If you would like to have an answer, would you kindly address people more politely? I know that you were answering Max's barely hidden ''insult'' (I know, he has a habit of doing that), but sometimes I'm thinking that he's trying to correct you and you're simply not accepting it. As such, I really appreciate it if you took his advice for once, who knows, he might stop spewing remarks.

Back on topic however, I agree with Max on this one. The Installer simply isn't practical with every one of our internal 'patches'. It simply takes too long to make the installer and there's a chance it will backfire. Albeit very small. It's not very hard to extract a .rar/.zip into the gamedata folder.

For those big releases (0.1.2) however, it would show a sign of professionalism, which might attract a couple more players. It's way more attractive to have an installer, which would give a better first impression. But then again, we should always include a .zip/.rar alternative for those who have trouble with the installer (Wrong place installed... corrupt... etc.).


SPOILERS!!! Do not read unless you've read/seen/heard everything!

Harry Potter dies - Snape pwns Dumbledore -Harry becomes zombie - Harry pwns Micheal Jackson wannabe -Goku dies - Goku dies... again - Goku dies... FOR REAL THIS TIME - Vader is Luke's Father - Vader is Leia's father - Vader is C3P0's maker - Vader is Han's father-in-law - Vader is Mara's father-in-law - Vader is YOUR mailman
Revolves is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #18
UDM
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 922
The misconception here is that OJP is ready for public distribution already

The truth is, it's still a beta test of sorts
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 AM   #19
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolves
I'll be nice to you on this one.

If you put your crosshair on a person while you have rocket out and right click, it will start locking on said person. If you complete the lock, you'll be able to shoot a rocket which will seek the said person.

TD Sec is same as Prim as far as I know.
ow i see. so it takes a bit to lock on, and ive also noticed the missle moves some what slower as well. Cool feature.

Im glad that finally ive been notified of this by real "help" which max state seems to have completely forgotten about the whole point of forums.. its to help others,... its about giving people information,,, its also about a place to socialize. Maxstate is giving me advice but its not really help in my question... if he can just answer a simple question and stop treating me like im some sort of idiot that can't look through the forums and through the website.. i just find it easier to ask away for a immiedaite answer.. i take the time to play the mod everytime its released.. i take everything into account and i right it here. i spend time on this the least maxstate can do is treat me with some courtesy


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #20
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.
We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #21
Revolves
Rookie
 
Revolves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbeholden
i take everything into account and i right it here. i spend time on this the least maxstate can do is treat me with some courtesy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.
We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.


SPOILERS!!! Do not read unless you've read/seen/heard everything!

Harry Potter dies - Snape pwns Dumbledore -Harry becomes zombie - Harry pwns Micheal Jackson wannabe -Goku dies - Goku dies... again - Goku dies... FOR REAL THIS TIME - Vader is Luke's Father - Vader is Leia's father - Vader is C3P0's maker - Vader is Han's father-in-law - Vader is Mara's father-in-law - Vader is YOUR mailman
Revolves is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #22
DarthDie
Junior Member
 
DarthDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.
We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.
I agree. You keep assuming things, and in my case it's getting annoying.


OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #23
DarthDie
Junior Member
 
DarthDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 407
Erm, heres correct installer :??:
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=d...d&fileid=14883
pk3s:
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=d...d&fileid=14884


OJP Sponsors and websites

"...and what about all those screenshots in there of DarthDie with a swastika of demo charges."
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #24
The Unbeholden
Rookie
 
The Unbeholden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstate
You're taking the time to assume and to talk about things you don't know anything about, you also spend time patronizing members of this forum and this team, because of point one.
We respect you as much as you respect us, frankly, and more than that we do not owe you.
i take the time to talk about things i know nothing??? i talk about things I notice in the game, and if im wrong by chance then i can learn from those that do know... its called learning..

Patronizing ... i have not done that,, i love the team members for what they do. If someone is "insulting" me then I treat them as if they are lower forms of life.. but i never make myself out to be some sort of Patriarch.

Assumption is sometimes a good thing cause it saves time to learn the facts, we all have a different personality so theres no need to psychologically analyze me

at least now i know the facts cause you inform me

i know it may be annoying but its helping me


What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!

Last edited by The Unbeholden; 02-10-2008 at 09:58 AM.
The Unbeholden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #25
razorace
Impressive, Terran!
 
razorace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 9,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolves
Back on topic however, I agree with Max on this one. The Installer simply isn't practical with every one of our internal 'patches'. It simply takes too long to make the installer and there's a chance it will backfire. Albeit very small. It's not very hard to extract a .rar/.zip into the gamedata folder
I gotta gripe about this. The autobuilder makes the installer automagically in less time than it takes to manually put together builds. That is what it was designed for. Plus, the autobuilder is a response to a LARGE portion of the fan population having problems with installing the mod. Most fans need this installer for every release.

Use the autobuilder, it takes less time to setup than it takes to make a single release manually. Really!


---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #26
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?
 
Maxstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ;o ;p :eek:
Posts: 2,090
I prefer two dlls over an installer any day, but not to beat a dead horse, let's get back on topic.

Anyone have suggestions for the main website?

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 AM   #27
UDM
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 922
We need a main webmaster, that's for sure

I really need to get my 2 new weapons UV mapped and skinned too, but I don't have the time . That's something else altogether though
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #28
madcatmach2
Rookie
 
madcatmach2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 206
oo cought my interest UMD, any WIP shots?

madcatmach2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #29
UDM
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 922
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1202912362

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1202912451

They should look better in-game though, because that's how the modeler renders them
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > No no, get OJP HERE <------

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.