lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: You know when you've modded/played KotOR for to long when...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
DarthJebus05
Banned

You know when you've modded/played KotOR for to long when...

If this has been done before, then I apologize.

I modded the 1st KotOR for 3 days straight, it was 3am and decided to head to bed. My cat came up to me and meowed for some food. My first thought was "Whens his next dialog going to trigger?".

So I went to bed, got up and started modding again. This time when my dogs came into my computer room, I was like "I wonder if I can change their .utc files for a different appearance".

This was yesterday, and since then, I've only modded for 30 minutes every 3 hours. Because I'm starting to scare myself
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Jebus... I've said it before and i'll say it again...

You are one of the most warped people I know...

Goodbye...

You strange, strange individual...

Visit the new JediKnight.net!
Marius Fett is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
this has happened to be before, but very mildly. I never stay up that late, and i haven't modded that much for awhile.

Awhile ago, after playing TSL for 6 hours, I walked ou of room, and i was thinkign about cylign though primary weapons and force forms... I went up to a door and said "Door open, and walked into the door, forgettignt hat it was an old-fashioned door hat needed a knob turn and to open... I almost called my uncle BAo-dur on that same day too... so you're not alone. just don't mod and paly the game too much...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
You modders are a strange breed.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
@Ctrl_Alt_Del: I'll take that as a compliment.

@Topic: When you're at a play rehearsal looking for the "On-Enter" script (along with various other important scripts).

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #6
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I haven't modded Kotor enough to get a warped personality. But with Jk2 I almost tried to do a front flip when I was jumping off a diving board. When I realized midway that I couldn't I just moved into a regular dive

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I honestly can't say that anything like that has ever happened to me. Or at least I think...

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-16-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
Arcesious

Click to pick up item. Activate computer spike. Mom, activate dialogue. Edit my pet dog's appearance. -Kotor II

Press Y to use item, press A to jump. B to use door. where'd the B button go? Oh yeah, this is real life. I forgot. - Battlefront II

Oi... After playing video games all day, I've got it bad.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
DarthJebus05
Banned

@Kinda off-topic

I played Sims 2 all through the night, because I had to get up at 4am to catch a flight. I get bored of it, look at the clock on my computer and theres still 1 hour before I leave. I automatically grab my mouse to click on the 'Fast Speed Icon'...
Old 02-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

Yeah I played KOTOR for like 10 hours striaght than went out with my freinds (yes I have freinds in real life) there were five of us together. I told two of them to wait in the car cause only three of us could leave the base at the same time. Kinda embarrasing but they've played KOTOR so they understand.

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2008, 03:20 AM   #11
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Back when I used to pound away on programs, I had the fun realization once that I was actually speaking in keystrokes including the ctrl-s.

Then another time after working for a major software company, I actually found myself telling my mother how to spell her name using the phonetic alphabet. Kinda embarrassing...

On topic, I was with 2 friends, and when another decided to join us I actually thought about who I would leave behind...
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
Arcesious

After playing Halo II all night at a friend's house this weekend, I accidentally called called a few people 'Chief'.

Old 02-20-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

When I found my friend's door was locked, I attacked it with a sword until it opened. Friend suddenly went all dark side on me, though.

True story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious
After playing Halo II all night at a friend's house this weekend, I accidentally called called a few people 'Chief'.
...whuh?

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 05:50 AM   #14
JinSarigit
Rookie

I tried persuading people to agree with me

After arguing with my roomie and saying "shut up or I will shut you up" I said out loud to myself "darkside point(s) received".

"We are not tricksters.
We are ambassadors of peace and justice."
―Ferus Olin
JinSarigit is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
2Cold Scorpio
Rookie

These posts are classic. I don't have anything liek that, but during the time I was trying to make my saber work, after I had stopped for the day (or the hour, whatever)I kept clicking on the mod folder or my toolks folder instead of what I would mean to go to (like I'd be opening my mod folder instead of my music folder, etc.). Insanity.

2Cold Scorpio, Rogues' Guild class 1A
www.GuildCom.us

"By the ancient spirits' rites, the old ghosts proclaim their rights; still they're lost in time." -"Blood on My Hands", Demons & Wizards
"We'll build a perfect beast with the knowledge they seek; if it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" -"Prophecy", Iced Earth
"If you'll pardon my stealing of movie lines: The Force is with us" -Ronald W. Reagan
2Cold Scorpio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #16
Arcesious

Yesterday one of my geeky friends who plays and mods KOTOR accidentally called me Carth.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #17
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Heh, not kotor related:
When I got into playing Unreal 2004, me and my clanmates (dang..we played that game FAR to lang) would randomly shout 'DOUBLE KILL' and 'GODLIKE' at actions of other people. A guy verbally pwning two little idiots would score a loud 'DOUBLE KILL' for example

For Fable:
A friend I know got a new haircut (the Buzz from Fable) and I told him it would score +15 scariness

Kotor related:
Nothing, really...except for the fact I can imiate Wookiee's
EDIT: Jokingly using the 'Force persuasion hand movement' at friends

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #18
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
EDIT: Jokingly using the 'Force persuasion hand movement' at friends
Heh, reminds me of this time I was using The Force to lift a TV remote when a friend walks in says that I'm lazy. I stare into his eyes and say "You want to leave this room." He says "I want to leave this room." and walks out. I think said "Weirdo." after that.

I had this huge smile on my face. For a second.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #19
patient_zero

I used to dream of Tetris.

Sometimes I become very disorietnated after long hours of Sims 2 playing, expecting to be able to fast forward things and forming task queues my head.

Nothing much from KotOR other than an urge to call people "meatbag", but I often stop myself because my very non-nerd friends wouldn't know what I was talking about.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
DarthJebus05
Banned

Off-topic:

I played Lord of The Rings Online, defending the main fortress in the only PvP zone for 6 hours straight. I led 2 raids on my Guardian and sucesfully defended the first assault. It was 30vs50. We were the unlucky 30. The Orcs/Spiders/Wargs piled into the fort, getting right up to the last boss.

See, if you kill the 131k health boss, you automatically take the fortress over. The Creeps (orcs, etc) got the boss down to 2k health, my raids not giving up, we finally took the Creeps down. An hour later, the Creeps broke through again, but finally gave up.

I went to sleep and I dreamt of defending the fort still, yelling orders over Ventrilo. I woke up 12 hours later (I played into the morning), and I had a real bad feeling we lost the fort. I logged into the game to find the whole PvP zone belonged to the Creeps.

:sad:
Old 02-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #21
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Sometimes, when I leave my friends houses, I yell, "I'LL BE BACK, MEATBAGS!"
Too much time in front of the glowing screen...

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #22
DarthAve
Yeezy

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I've had too many of these to explain for sychonauts, but that's over in RD.

On topic though, I was playing KOTOR all weekend trying to actually beat it for once, and Monday, I go back to school to find we're watching Star Wars. We have discussion on it first though, explain archetypes, ect. Well, during the discussion, I had a friend who was trying to make Chewbacca noises, and I turned around and was just like "Shut it, Zalbarr!" Nobody knew what I was talking about though, because I am almost alone in gaming at my school.
DarthAve is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #23
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Jokingly using the 'Force persuasion hand movement' at friends
Oh yeah, I have done that before...
Quote:
Nothing, really...except for the fact I can imiate Wookiee's
Oh yeah, I have done that one too...

Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #24
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
I often try to use the ctrl z combination to undo things in real life. That is my only side effect from modding, well, that and the loss of sleep, burning eyes, bad attitue, unawareness, dreams about modding...

Sithspecter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 AM   #25
MasterWaffle
Rookie

So much talk of these "friends". What are these "friends" you speak of? Is it IRL? 'Cause I don't play that much, the graphics aren't so good.

I've had dreams of frantically looking for a script while running around Manaan, but I usually have weird dreams so I don't know if that counts.

MasterWaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #26
Darth_Secura
Lurker

I was up all night with my friend playing halo 3, decided to get lunch. We walk out the front door and i tell him to hop in the gunner seat haha. The whole time i was driving i thought i was in a worthog =X Oh and one time i was playing kotor 2 days straight (raining i could think of nothing better XD) i get up to get something to drink and i thought "Where is my mini-map? How am I gunna find the fridge?" while i was walking to the fridge.

Darth_Secura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #27
DarthAve
Yeezy

Oh yeah, I forgot to post something here.

Last Sunday, I was sitting in Sunday School and the teacher was talking about Jesus' Disciples. Which got me thinking about how much I hate the Disciple and his ugly face. Than I realized I'm thinking about hate in church, which is wrong. So I cleared my head, and the teacher said Discplie again. So I thought about killing the disciple. "wow, thoughts of murder in church," I thought to myself, "I'm on the right track to heaven." Clear my head again, and than I hear the word Disciple one more time. I think about how gross ExileDiscipal is as a couple, and remembered all the fanfics I've read when the Discipal walks in on Atton and Exile having sex. "Alright," I thought yet again, "sex, murder, and hate in a church on Easter Sunday. Yep, I'm gonna have some major praying to do tonight." Than I went to get a drink of water.

So basically, KOTOR 2 makes you think naughty things in church.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 AM   #28
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
ROFL @ above ^.
I actually got so addicted that I pretend to force push my friends.
The Betrayer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #29
patient_zero

I tend to mishear things as being related to games. Listening to two friends talk about chess, I heard "rook" as "Vrook" and became very confused for the next few minutes when they talked about stategical moving of the Vrook. I also tend to speak in a horrible rendition of HK-47's voice and refer to people as "Master" when I feel the need for sarcasm.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #30
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
That sounds... somewhat odd and disturbing.

I still try grabbing my Pepsi can with the Force every now and again. So far no luck, but some day... *shakes fist*

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 03:21 PM   #31
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri
I still try grabbing my Pepsi can with the Force every now and again. So far no luck, but some day... *shakes fist*
I used to attempt to force choke people if they annoyed me... except one day someone realised what I was doing and pretended to choke... I stopped doing it shortly afterwards

EDIT: And did I mention making lightsaber noises while waving a pen?
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #32
MrMarius
Lurker

I've been talking Yoda-speech to my brother, and have done the Force grip/choke thing too.
Telling doors of the shopping mall to go open, and "wave your hand around like some kind of jedi" are fun to do too ^^

Luke: 'I sense a disturbance in the Force'
Kyle: "You always sense a disturbance in the Force"
MrMarius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #33
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Well this is kinda off the topic....

In Math at school, lately my class has been doing geometry. We learned about several more types of symmetry and about strip patterns. Ever since I learned about this, every time I see a pot with any type of design on it, I can see an 'imaginary' line split it in half so that I can see if it has horizontal, or vertical reflection. I also figure out in my head if it has rotational, translational, glide, and several more types of symmetry. Every single time that I see a pot that has a design on it. Annoying sometimes -- Annoying a lot of the time...

Clarification: When I say "pots", I mean the ones that plants are put in. Essentially a planting pot...I just didn't want to have to type out 'planting' every time I said pot...

BTW-- Welcome to LucasForums MrMarius!!

Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #34
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Sometimes I pretend to telekinetically open the automatic doors at grocery places.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #35
DarthAve
Yeezy

^^ Same here. Everytime there's a door that opens when you're infront of it, I wave my hand and pretend it's the force.

Oh yeah, and I was playing Wii Bowling today, and I got a strike and was like "Pure Pazaak!" really loud.... everyone gave me the weird eye.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #36
Hawkstrong16

I say pure Pasaak all the time!
That and I call people "Meatbag" all the time

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #37
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Kinda off topic:
I was playing Oblivion when my little bro is telling me to get off, and it was his turn and crap like that. I reached for the sword at my belt. When I couldn't find it I said, "Dammit, where is Goldbrand when you need it?"

If you don't know what Goldbrand is, it is a really powerful enchanted sword in the game.

EDIT: Oh and when I'm playing Guitar Hero and my bro is bugging me, I just say, "Shut up and enjoy my awesome solo.

EDIT 2: ME and my bro were play SSBB, and he likes to play as Snake, who can plant bombs on people. Afterwards he pats me on the back and I say, "Did you just plant a bomb on me?!"

Last edited by Da_man; 04-05-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > You know when you've modded/played KotOR for to long when...