lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Questions about modding
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Questions about modding

Hey everyone.

Well, I decided to give modding a try and I thought I'd start off with something simple for K1. I'm trying to give the Sith Academy students Dark Jedi Robes instead of the uniforms that they wear but I can't seem to figure out how to do so. I've tried following the tutorials but I keep ending up getting confused.

I'm also trying to re-texture the Darth Bandon armor in the game so it looks like the armor he wears in game but I'm also having a bit of trouble with that.
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
milestails

Definitely two noble pursuits!

I wish you all the best! Would definitely use two such mods.
milestails is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #3
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You probably need to be a bit more explicit than "having a bit of trouble" in order for anyone to provide help. Detail exactly what it is you are trying to do, what steps you have gone through, and where you are getting stuck. Provide pictures to illustrate if appropriate.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthParametric View Post
You probably need to be a bit more explicit than "having a bit of trouble" in order for anyone to provide help. Detail exactly what it is you are trying to do, what steps you have gone through, and where you are getting stuck. Provide pictures to illustrate if appropriate.
Alright. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused there.

I'm trying to find the files for the Sith Academy students like Mekel, Yuthura Ban and the rest of them. I thought I found one of them ((Yuthura's)) at one point in the Korr_m3aa_s.rim Module files but every time I tried to equip a Dark Jedi robe to her in the module file she still wore the same clothes in game. I threw the modified file in the Override file if that helps at all.

As for the Darth Bandon mod I'm trying to work on, I don't even know where to start with that. I read through a few more tutorials but I just ended up getting hopelessly confused.
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #5
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Yuthura will require an appearance.2da edit. She is set to use the N_SithComF body model regardless of what is equipped. Set her to use the standard player body models. I'd say the students are the same, they'll all just use a standard "Sith commoner" appearance. Find the appearance.2da row/s referenced in their UTCs.

As to Bandon, I assume you want a player-wearable version of his armour? There is already at least one mod for that. Try this - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...om/file/;98135
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Questions about modding