lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #801
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Combat!!
Show spoiler
Quan looks bad@$$ in that fight scene. Awesome screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
And the party member in the screens in the military uniform... is that the corillean guy? (Can't remember his name right now) Just have to say the uniform looks great.
The blue & white uniform is from the Corellian military, worn by Uldir Tanik.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #802
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
In this pic:

Corellia starts to get populated....

Quote:

Hide spoiler
EDIT: never mind, I found it.

what body model is the woman?/man standing under the tag jawas boss? It does not look familiar.

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder

Last edited by newbiemodder; 05-05-2010 at 11:15 AM.
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #803
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
There's some spelling and word misuse issues but the actual game-content looks pretty amazing. can't wait for this
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #804
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
Combat!!
Show spoiler

I don't know if it is the pic or what but in the top right corner everything looks stretched out, but anyway the pics look cool.

Last edited by .:Lord Revan:.; 05-07-2010 at 11:50 AM.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #805
drewsy1
Lurker

Current Game: KOTOR (again)
looks cool, logan23! just make sure you stay IN CANON (or at least, in range of canon, no 'A clone of Darth Revan and Darth Bane team up to kill _______ Skywalker and Princess Cinnamon Buns), or else you'll turn off a lot of potential DLers and commenters. Sorry if I sound critical of your work (being a n00b myself) but I'm just trying to make sure that Star Wars isn't tarnished any more than the Mandalorian Clone Wars episodes already have.
Any way I can help? Modding isn't my 'forte', but I can do a LITTLE photo editing and I could help with dialogue and canon if you want me...

love the inclusion of the chiss! throw in some sith 'alchemists' (no lightsabers; cool force powers and beasts) and i'll be slap-happy!
can't wait to download!

drewsy1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #806
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Mandalorian Clone Wars episodes already have
AM i the only Person that Enjoyed those Episodes??? I thought they were Pretty Good and In my Mind did stay true to the Mandalorians a Bit just changing with the Times

Any way Good Work Logan i like the Pics :P

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #807
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

ea pics do look good like the graphic improvements over the last games definetly. will be shipping to basic training for the nay in then a school all starting at oct 23-29 not sre of date yet i found out today when swear in so i can capture and and mess with signals when im done so if im right i can help with things like voices they will teach my different things to but we will see when i get done. so i can help out late in all i got 22weeks of training so lmao lot of time to wait but ill make sure i can give further information and personal adivce to this mod and play it when i can if demo comes out while at a school and ect... personally i also think there shold be a teneretek in it is that how u spell it? lmao but the one monsters that feed of the force like the ones you face on 1st game on korriban plenty of those considering u ll e going to dark side places and that is were they reside ini the darkest side of the force.

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.
Darth_Sasuna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #808
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey,

I just wanted to share with everyone that I did a presentation at a IGDA pecha-kucha meeting.

Here is a link, I'm the 5th one down.

http://www.nycgameindustry.com/nj-ig...a-kucha-recap/

It was an amazing night. We had some great presentation and i was honored to be part of it.

I will see if i can get some of the slides used in the presentation up here.

Quote:
looks cool, logan23! just make sure you stay IN CANON (or at least, in range of canon, no 'A clone of Darth Revan and Darth Bane team up to kill _______ Skywalker and Princess Cinnamon Buns), or else you'll turn off a lot of potential DLers and commenters. Sorry if I sound critical of your work (being a n00b myself) but I'm just trying to make sure that Star Wars isn't tarnished any more than the Mandalorian Clone Wars episodes already have.
Don't worry I understand what you are talking about. The main story is original and feels like star wars. The mod does fit in cannon meaning as of right now it fits nicely in between TOR and kotor2 with out stepping on any toes.

Quote:
There's some spelling and word misuse issues but the actual game-content looks pretty amazing. can't wait for this
Yes there are a few of those. Don't worry they are either removed from tweaks from the writers or someone sees it like you did with in the team. Also many of the lines get altered or tweaked in their wording later when the VO actor/actress does their recording. That is one plus with having voice overs is that these actors will record the line and see it and then its fixed on the spot.

I'm glad everyone loved the pics.

MORE TO COME....

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #809
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holty12345
AM i the only Person that Enjoyed those Episodes??? I thought they were Pretty Good and In my Mind did stay true to the Mandalorians a Bit just changing with the Times
No. I liked them too. And logan, I can't wait to try out the demo!

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #810
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njwilderman View Post
Just wondering for the revan model if there i one Is the cape going to be stiff? I would really like a fully moving cape unlike SithSpecter's one For KotOR 1
idk about that but if they do i agree it should be full moving in matter of that fact they should all be moving clothing as in like look like clothing and no stiff clothing that would be a small thing but a big plus to the game. also any other graphical illusions that are tended to be there need to be solved such as props and items and people and no to create any new stiff or bad graphics. and make the force powers look good like graphical and visual so for instance like on the force unleashed they look awesome i think exspeacilly the push and lightning the chock could be better like maybe you could put a force ring around the neck that would be nice. also in the movies if someone is appearing like in phantom menace movie when they see darth maul have the saber and the sith really define themselves. like a nice cape andslow ignition on the saber

also at the picture at the top the COMBAT!!! one the characters are merging like, wtf!!!! fix these problems these make the game look very bad and unprofessional.

Moderator note [05-13-2010 04:28 PM]

We make rules for a reason. Read them before you (double) post again.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 05-13-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: combined dp.. again
Old 05-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #811
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sasuna View Post
also at the picture at the top the COMBAT!!! one the characters are merging like, wtf!!!! fix these problems these make the game look very bad and unprofessional.

Hi. You do realize this game is approaching 10 years old and that modders cannot alter the .exe? What you ask for is far beyond legal modding... that is part of the engine, rook.

@njwilderman - I think that Khrizby was doing some work on this issue.... check out his WIPs.

On the positive side.... keep up the great work, logan and Team!
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #812
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
Quote:
This is not your mod. Make civil criticisms all you want, but please do not start ordering logan and the other developers around.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #813
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
This is not your mod. Make civil criticisms all you want, but please do not start ordering logan and the other developers around.
Damn right, LOH...
Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #814
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Yeah.... You relise that, That is Unaltered by RoR, That Problem exsists already in the Kotor Games.

Any way Look Great Logan keep it up

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #815
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

snipped some posts. Carry on.

-Cz

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #816
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemodder View Post
what body model is the woman?/man standing under the tag jawas boss? It does not look familiar.
Quote:
Show spoiler
The guy on the right (facing camera) and there is also a woman (facing away, just under the left edge of the orange bar) are both wearing the Onderon traveller's clothing style. Here's a link to a pic on Wookieepedia

Old 05-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #817
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
First off, nice work modders on this project ! It seems like one hell of a future mod.

Anyway. the pics are great, characters are nicely dressed (hehe), but can you please just give us a date ? Just a prediction. It doesn't have to be precise !

Also, can you please inform us on your total progress?

Thank you, ~Nick Vader.

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #818
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

~snip~

but rly y would i order the creators of the game??? think about it man i love star wars and if i hated it don't you think by now i would have done something?0.o i mean rly man im all for this mod just offering aid sry if it sounded offensive i did nothing wrong. and goes for rest of you ppl to invovled in this. if i hated this mod i wouldn't even waste my time here lol.

~snip~

yo sry haha ws just preventing double posting by deleting it and how it delted this mod post idk i went below it u can check.....

Moderator note [05-14-2010 12:23 PM]

What part of read the rules did you not get?
NO name calling, NO flaming & NO discussing .exe hacks.

Don't let it happen again.

oh yeah.. and DON'T delete a mod warning post.

Last edited by Darth_Sasuna; 05-14-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #819
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Video Update

Hello everyone. I've got a little surprise for you. I recently made a video showing some of the female playable character options that I've been working on. There is a bit of commentary, but if any one still has questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Without further ado, here is the YouTube link:
View page
YouTube Video

Enjoy

I'll try to have a video for male characters soon.

Last edited by redrob41; 05-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:52 AM   #820
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Mighty fine work man. Kudos for you. Great diversity.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #821
Darth Crados
Rookie

That's some nice variations of the normal heads. Great job redrob
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #822
LDR
Your Death Angel

Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
That's a lot of heads... nice work!

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #823
newbiemodder
Gentleman Modder

Veteran Modder 
Nice video RR...I like the Chiss

Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?

Just exactly what is a head-piece to the Staff of Ra?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206819

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206541

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...t=newbiemodder
newbiemodder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #824
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Current Game: TES 4: Oblivion/3: Morrowind
Helpful! 
Despite the fact that some models are used more than once, the way you skinned them made that at least somewhat less noticeable. Very nice work on these.

Are you going to add the "hooks"(or whatever the exact term is), to allow the Twi'lek models you use to allow them to wear masks?

Rtas Vadum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #825
Lord of Hunger
Hunger, The Lord Of

Current Game: Shogun 2: Total War
It is so awesome to see those heads ingame (sort of ). This level of customization is going to really push things to a new level.

10/10 Excellent work mate.

As of 3/14/10, TSL is restored. The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification by Stoney and Zbyl has been finished and can be downloaded here.

Lord of Hunger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #826
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

yea those are nice man good job, lots of choices and by any chance you also making males heads to? just curious, does anyone have any already made now?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #827
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKTemplar View Post
Mighty fine work man. Kudos for you. Great diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Crados View Post
That's some nice variations of the normal heads. Great job redrob
Thanks, diversity is the name of the game (well, the name is Revenge of Revan, but you get the idea )
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeathRay View Post
That's a lot of heads... nice work!
so far, there are 43 female heads (compared to the original 17) with more to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiemodder View Post
Nice video RR...I like the Chiss
Thanks. I like blue skin just as much as the next fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
Despite the fact that some models are used more than once, the way you skinned them made that at least somewhat less noticeable. Very nice work on these.
Yeah, it was tricky trying to use each model as few times as possible, as well, that I didn't repeat the same one too soon after itself (in the line-up that is)
Are you going to add the "hooks"(or whatever the exact term is), to allow the Twi'lek models you use to allow them to wear masks?
I'd tried a few times, and I'll keep trying right up until it works, or the mod gets released. I also want to re-model the male heads so that they don't have that big sac under their chins (but the male Twi'lek head model doesn't like Taina's replacer )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
It is so awesome to see those heads ingame (sort of ). This level of customization is going to really push things to a new level.

10/10 Excellent work mate.
it'd take way too long to do in-game play video of 43 characters. I need all that time to work the ol' Photoshop magic
Quote:
yea those are nice man good job, lots of choices and by any chance you also making males heads to? just curious, does anyone have any already made now?
thanks. I already mentioned that the video for the male heads should be coming soon

Old 05-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #828
darthstewie
Lurker

you already mentioned the custom headgear for the miralurka covering the eye sockets, will the head model / species have any other impacts on actual gameplay?
darthstewie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #829
LDR
Your Death Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41
so far, there are 43 female heads (compared to the original 17) with more to come.
Am I hearing this right?

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-18-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #830
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstewie View Post
you already mentioned the custom headgear for the miralurka covering the eye sockets, will the head model / species have any other impacts on actual gameplay?
I haven't made any custom headgear yet... but I will. It shouldn't be too hard to spawn a locker with the item in it at the beginning of the game. You'll have to collect it and equip it, but I don't think I'll be able to have it already on the head during the appearance selection screens.

Other impacts will be the force vision in first person view.
Quote:
Am I hearing this right?
If you don't trust your ears, then trust your eyes (watch the video and count 'em ). The "more to come" mainly refers to Twi'leks, but who knows , maybe I'll be able to squeeze more in there (given enough time of course).

Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #831
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
If you don't trust your ears, then trust your eyes (watch the video and count 'em ). The "more to come" mainly refers to Twi'leks, but who knows , maybe I'll be able to squeeze more in there (given enough time of course).
Not to impose, but would it be possible to have one or two heads that are Chromian(a species of my own design, that used in my writing)? I don't know if there are plans to mention the character's species, or homeworld at all, but...

I can send you a few specifics on their appearance(which isn't very much), if you wish. Even a skin I did would probably help you get a better idea of the species(its for a model in K1).

Last edited by Rtas Vadum; 05-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #832
LDR
Your Death Angel

Quote:
No I mean like, thats a lot of heads. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. If I play this, I'll be on there for hours deciding what head to use for my first playthrough. (Maybe a male Chiss, who knows?)

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by LDR; 05-18-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:52 PM   #833
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtas Vadum View Post
I can send you a few specifics on their appearance(which isn't very much), if you wish. Even a skin I did would probably help you get a better idea if it(its for a model in K1).
I did some sleuthing... are you referring to your Renae Kauvo mod? While she does look cool, I think that we're going to be sticking to canon alien species. That being said, I did find a really obscure alien that sounded cool (The Kalzerians). They only have a brief description, and no images, but I had a little fun with 'em. I didn't make any skins in time for the female head video, but you'll see three in the male heads video. I mention 'em because they have similar eyes: black sclera (the "whites") with yellow irises.

As for the Chromians, has Logan23 read your fan fic?

Quote:
No I mean like, thats a lot of heads. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. If I play this, I'll be on there for hours deciding what head to use for my first playthrough. (Maybe a male Chiss, who knows?)
yeah, I think a lot of people are gonna have that option overload syndrome - "too. many. choices... can't. decide."

Be forewarned LDR, the male head video just might blow your mind. All I'll say for now is... 56

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #834
Rtas Vadum
Behold The Envoy...

Helpful! 
Quote:
I did some sleuthing... are you referring to your Renae Kauvo mod?
Indeed. Only thing is the fact that in the story, she's never referred to as having a "human" skin-tone(which she has in the mod), instead always having pale-white skin, or close to it. A sort of low-level ret-con of sorts, which carried on to the entire species. That, and in the second half of the story(that being Rise Of Darkness), she's supposed to have fangs(not entirely related to Vampires, but very close), which I'd love to edit the model to have that(if that is possible), but being as the character doesn't speak, or have any facial animations(at least concerning the mouth), its a bit redundant.

Quote:
Can't say I know if he has.

Last edited by Rtas Vadum; 05-18-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #835
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey,

Those are a lot of heads to choose from and can't wait to see the males

Quote:
I have not read the fan fic but i will see if i can read some of them later this week.

Quote:
Not to impose, but would it be possible to have one or two heads that are Chromian(a species of my own design, that used in my writing)? I don't know if there are plans to mention the character's species, or homeworld at all, but...
As Redrob41 mentioned all the alien heads will be cannon aliens.

You can always make a mod where you place in the new PC/Chromian species in the selectable heads on your own.

I would be honored if people actually took new PC mod heads and created them as well as other mods to be used in RoR just like people do for kotor2.

I would post more but i have to get some sleep its after midnight. Nite all

logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #836
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Those are a lot of heads to choose from and can't wait to see the males
well, wait no longer. Since I had some appointments this morning, I took the day off work, and had the whole afternoon to record & edit video. The evening was quiet around the house, so I could make voice overs without interruption.

so, here is part two of the playable characters:
View page
YouTube Video

Enjoy

Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #837
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
We've GOT to change that chargen music needs something more appealing to a return of the jedi.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #838
LDR
Your Death Angel

Quote:
Be forewarned LDR, the male head video just might blow your mind. All I'll say for now is... 56
You're killing me!

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
Old 05-18-2010, 07:01 AM   #839
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Haha, redrob was having fun with the Rattataki beards methinks ;D great stuff, the Kalzerians (or w/e they were called >_>) looked pretty awesome.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #840
Darth Crados
Rookie

56 humans, besides twileks?? That's amazing, lot's of choices, and some of the models are very well done.
The Kalzerians are very interessting, well done redrob
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan