lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #881
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
What Hunters Run is asking is if there will be newly created modules for the mod, not if you'll be able to go to new places in the game. I'm also wondering about that. For me it's not a top priority at all, but it sure would be cool to see a few brand new places to explore.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #882
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

yea that would be nice to have totally new places

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.
Darth_Sasuna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #883
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Sasuna View Post
yea that would be nice to have totally new places
Logan has posted before that there won't be any 'new' modules.

(I'm too lazy to find source )
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #884
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Yeah I at least remember him saying that there wouldn't be any in part 1 (demo) but part 2 remains to be seen. I don't want to rush anything though

However, we don't even need new modules because the quality of those reskins is really great. Good job there Logan; can't wait to see more!

Old 05-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #885
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

only reason i would recommend new modules is for places like completely new planets like zoist if he added that.

also lke in movies will the combatants actually move during the fighting as in like forward bacward left and right or would that take to long to implement even if it is a little.

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #886
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
You can't change the game engine.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #887
Drunkside
Satanīs little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Class Hero View Post
Logan has posted before that there won't be any 'new' modules.

(I'm too lazy to find source )
I think he actually said that he is not planning on area modeling right now, but he doesnt completely crush the idea for the complete release.

Saivoīs New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #888
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

well new planets such as regions in the unkown (which planets there are defined can be found) one such as zoist u can use it as another major side quest to understand the tish and maybe it can be a path followed only by a user very strong in the dark side, and such must be at this point of dark side points or w/e within a certain part of the game. and you can have a same type of quest for the light side hwoever these quest not need be nessecary just hat you will get lots of exp. and meet maybe new ppl and such. also maybe there can be some special quest to learn about revans rise and fall to aid u in the game such as exactly why wand maybe in there include the star forge just like a small exstension to the actual quest.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #889
Nick Vader

Current Game: Dead Rising 2
I have one question for the project leaders:

Show spoiler

Just put it in a spoiler tag to spoil the surprise for me.

Thanks in advance.

Nick Vader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 AM   #890
Darth_Sasuna
Rookie

like what nick stated above also say i wanted a male char dark side and male revan darkside is that setup possible i mean is any setup possible you have looked at all ways to do the setups for the game right? Because their would be several different setups i would love to tryout also maybe with different setups the game will be a little different a little? how is allot that working exactly.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #891
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vader View Post
Show spoiler
Are you asking about how to set up if Revan or the Exile chose the LS or DS at the end of KotOR and the end of TSL? Or are you asking what kind of choices the player will be able to make throughout the game?

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #892
Darth Crados
Rookie

I believe he meant the choices por the PC, how he (or she) will choose light side and dark side. I remember reading a post by logan, some time ago, where he stated that in RoR it wouldn't be a choice of being "jedi or sith", but it would be more of a choice between "jedi and dark jedi" (this is the idea I got at least)
It's a good question though
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #893
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey everyone!

Quote:
Yeah I at least remember him saying that there wouldn't be any in part 1 (demo) but part 2 remains to be seen. I don't want to rush anything though

However, we don't even need new modules because the quality of those reskins is really great. Good job there Logan; can't wait to see more!
That is correct as of right now there is no new modules in the Demo but for the 2nd half of the game there are plans to have a few.

Thanks for the compliment on the re-skin module

Quote:
How does the player select the dark side or the light side ? (You mentioned it in the first posts of this thread).
Quote:
I believe he meant the choices por the PC, how he (or she) will choose light side and dark side. I remember reading a post by logan, some time ago, where he stated that in RoR it wouldn't be a choice of being "jedi or sith", but it would be more of a choice between "jedi and dark jedi" (this is the idea I got at least)
It's a good question though
You are right that the game will not look at the PC as Sith or Jedi but more as a Jedi and Dark jedi in the PC's behavior and actions.

I will cover both questions.

The PC will decide Revan and Jedi Exile's gender and alignment at the end of the kotor games/endings. These choices will have some affect on the RoR game in term of who you meet from the past games.

As for the Dark side and Light side points these will be given out in a few ways.

One is through the normal kill a NPC and get DS points but the new area will be in the new dlg options.

Agressive
Diplomatic
Manipulate/ control (DS)
Empower/ encourage (LS)

Only the last two will give you light side and dark side points.
This will allow a player to say the same thing but their intentions are different which leads to different dlg trees. This means you can help someone in order to gain power and manipulate them which equeal DS point and no one was killed. This also means that the npc might die if you try to empower them to take on their own challenges.

If you have any questions, I will try to explain it clearer. Don't want to confuse anyone.

Aggressive and Diplomatic will not give any LS or DS points

These new options will allow a player to actually plan ahead, plus asking party members will open up new options that might lean to these Ds or LS. What will you do? Do what needs to be done even if someone might die or be used or will you take the harder road and hold onto your jedi morals.

MORE TO COME

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #894
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Hi, I'm new. I know absolutely nothing about modding, but I do know about this game, I've been following this thread for some time.

I have one question: logan23 in your last post you said that their would be new dialog options, are those all of the new dialog options, will the old ones be available (e.g. Persuade) or have you replaced those?

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #895
logan23
Veteran

Welcome to the forum Anakin_Xisali

Quote:
I have one question: logan23 in your last post you said that their would be new dialog options, are those all of the new dialog options, will the old ones be available (e.g. Persuade) or have you replaced those?
Those 4 new options will be added the the original ones found in the game like Persuade, lie, etc...

Logan

Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 AM   #896
Nick Vader

Nice!

Quote:
[Manipulate] Publish it soon !

Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #897
Yellow_Pinkie
Lurker

Wow, just wow. I'm new to threads, but this looks just amazing.
Yellow_Pinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #898
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Pinkie View Post
Wow, just wow. I'm new to threads, but this looks just amazing.
You are not the only one who thinks that.
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #899
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Manipulate: Publish it soon!
For A Manipulate option, that's a bit straightforward, ya think?

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Old 06-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #900
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
[Manipulate] Publish it soon !
Failure: Logan23 will release it when it's done.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #901
Darth Crados
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Manipulate/ control (DS)
Empower/ encourage (LS)

Only the last two will give you light side and dark side points.
It's great! I mean, getting the LS/DS points was always much of a weird thing to me. There were very few choice por the PC, either help the guy in need and give him some cash, or whatever and get the LS points, or kill the guy for the DS points. Your perspective on the matter sounds way better. Especially when you consider Kreia's words:
" It is far a greater victory to make an enemy see through your eyes, than to close theirs forever"
I believe that it's a more "fair" distribution of the LS/DS points, and it fits better with the information provided by other examples of light and darksiders.
Keep up the good work logan

Last edited by Darth Crados; 06-08-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: error correction
Darth Crados is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #902
Nick Vader

There should also be a normal option like: "I'm afraid I can't help you" or something like that...

Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #903
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

I'm not really sure, cuz I haven't played in awhile, but that guy you give cash to on Nar Shadaa, wasn't there like not an option to give him money or kill him?
Hm.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I agree.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Old 06-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #904
logan23
Veteran

Hey,

Quote:
It's great! I mean, getting the LS/DS points was always much of a weird thing to me. There were very few choice por the PC, either help the guy in need and give him some cash, or whatever and get the LS points, or kill the guy for the DS points. Your perspective on the matter sounds way better. Especially when you consider Kreia's words:
" It is far a greater victory to make an enemy see through your eyes, than to close theirs forever"
I believe that it's a more "fair" distribution of the LS/DS points, and it fits better with the information provided by other examples of light and darksiders.
Keep up the good work logan
I agree. One of the complaints I heard from players about kotor2 and many other games with similar dlg tree structure is that the player can not plot and think ahead/plan. This was brought up since if a Jedi or Dark Jedi can sense the Force and the future of their choices/action then they can try to purposely to manipulate like Kreia did in kotor2. Or you can also set things in motion to help encourage a person/alien to gain the strength to confront their own issues.

To do this i plan to have party members give and open up plan/plots to manipulate/ or encourage dlg tree options during certain quests.

Ex. you talk to Cain who has more of the end justifies the means outlook would give you an option in a quest npc dlg that allows you to follow his suggestion or your own created from discussing it with him. This will be also true with other party members. Not all party members will give ideas on the quests. It depends on the quest and who would have an opinion.

Quote:
There should also be a normal option like: "I'm afraid I can't help you" or something like that...
The normal options like the one you mentioned will be there for sidequests. I feel that sidequest should be used to help level up a player and also give them opportunity to gain Trust with party members or lose Trust. I will not be forcing you to do all the side quests in the game. Meaning there might be some different events due to you choosing to not complete a quest or even take it on.

I feel that what ever choice you make from taking the quest and be DS or take a quest and be LS or even to not take a quest...each of these should give a reward in the form of story elements. How big and often i can do this and the scope will come down to the size of the team and the amount of content we can create and put in the game.

There are no wrong choices only the consequences of each decision/action/choice.

When the Demo is released you will get a taste of these new features and how they will help define the story for your PC.

MORE TO COME......

Logan

Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #905
Revan's Aid
Rookie

Current Game: The Sith Lords RCM
One question, when it comes down to the Exile will their be a set appearance, or do we somehow get to import our Exile?

Also will Revan and the Exile be voiced?
Revan's Aid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #906
Holty1-5

Current Game: Final Fantasy 13
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan's Aid View Post
or do we somehow get to import our Exile?
I Doubt you will be Able to Import the Exile Like you do In Mass Effect which is wear im assuming you get the idea.

Holty1-5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #907
Revan's Aid
Rookie

I know it wouldn't work like Mass Effect, but there could possibly be a way right?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #908
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holty1-5 View Post
I Doubt you will be Able to Import the Exile Like you do In Mass Effect which is wear im assuming you get the idea.
Never played Mass Effect, so I'll just go ahead and sound like an idiot and say "What Now?"

-AX
Old 06-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #909
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
I assure you, wheter it's by choice you make in the Exile being male or female, light side or dark side, the Exile will have a canonical appearance.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #910
logan23
Veteran

hey everyone,

What ever Exile head you have in kotor2 as your PC can be used as the head for the Exile in RoR.

Ex. if my kotor2 PC head is the guy with the beard, then in RoR you have the option to choose that head as the Exile for RoR.

I know some of you are wondering how....trust me i have it worked out. :-)

Logan

Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #911
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
Ex. if my kotor2 PC head is the guy with the beard, then in RoR you have the option to choose that head as the Exile for RoR.
That's one of the reasons why I made so many 'new' playable heads. None of the 'Exile' heads will be available to play as during the new character creation screen. They will be unmodified, so that they can be used only to represent the Exile.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #912
Revan's Aid
Rookie

Sweet!

And will Revan and the Exile be voiced?
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #913
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan's Aid View Post
Sweet!

And will Revan and the Exile be voiced?
There's a lot of info about voice overs in earlier posts. You might want to start with page 14 (right at the top) since Logan already has an answer to one of your questions.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #914
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but it would be cool if Revan kinda sounded machine-like like Vader or Malak. You know that mask of his might filter his voice or something...

-AX
Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #915
SimonKTemplar
Rookie

Current Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin_Xisali View Post
This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but it would be cool if Revan kinda sounded machine-like like Vader or Malak. You know that mask of his might filter his voice or something...
I have learned a method of creating this effect, so now, whoever voices Revan would send the recordings to me, I'll then filter the voice to make it sound as though it's through a mask.

I'm more of a '3d fabricator' than a '3d modeller', meaning I prefer to construct things from reference, blueprints or schematics rather than to design stuff of my own.
SimonKTemplar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #916
Revan's Aid
Rookie

creating the effect is very simple using any audio editing suite.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #917
Darth_Bane_Wins
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR 1, 2
That is quite an interesting idea, as long as it doesn't sound similar to Vader or Malak and doesn't sound bad or too mechanical (there is still just a person under a mask, not a machine making the voice after all) I would be all for that.

That being said, it is of course, completely up to logan whether or not he wants to put that kind of element into his mod, since it would mean more work, even if only a little.
Darth_Bane_Wins is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #918
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
If anything, I think I would prefer something kind of similar to the Mandalorian voices. Muffled but not machine-generated.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #919
Darth_Bane_Wins
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR 1, 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
If anything, I think I would prefer something kind of similar to the Mandalorian voices. Muffled but not machine-generated.
Exactly, although i would prefer it to be less muffled than the mandalorians because it is a simple mask not a head encompassing helmet.

Last edited by Darth_Bane_Wins; 06-10-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Darth_Bane_Wins is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #920
Revan's Aid
Rookie

It would actually have to be exactly the same as the Mandalorians, since Revan is wearing a Mandalorian mask...

Plus, it really isn't that much more work, and considering that he has put the time and effort into creating K3, going that little extra inch for immersion's sake doesn't seem like something he'd skimp on.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan