lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1321
Working Class Hero
Rookie

Besides, this graphics engine is so old, we couldn't even tell which parts were which.
Working Class Hero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #1322
salam263
Rookie

Current Game: kotor, tsl
i don't think they were actually serious, only jookin' around about putting a "scene" in the game. Atleast i think so....
salam263 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #1323
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Oh I can tell who was joking around I just wanted to nix that vote idea before someone took it seriously. Can you imagine the thread derailment that would cause?

I agree with Logan that a fade to black is about as racy as it could get, given the engine's capabilities.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #1324
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
How about CGI Animation? Anything is possible with that.

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #1325
Drunkside
Satan´s little helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
Oh I can tell who was joking around I just wanted to nix that vote idea before someone took it seriously. Can you imagine the thread derailment that would cause?

I agree with Logan that a fade to black is about as racy as it could get, given the engine's capabilities.
This?
View page
YouTube Video

Sorry, couldnt help it

Saivo´s New demo, A Cruel Northern Land is out! Listen to it on our mikseri.net bandpage.

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=117610
Drunkside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #1326
Lordjedi
Forumite

Current Game: Red Dead Redemption
Well, you have just given me reason to re-install TSL. Looks great so far

My Mods
Jedi Replacement Robe|Combat Mandalorians| Darth Bandon Clothing Reskin|Party Member Reskins| Female Republic Solider Reskin|Enhanced Mira

"Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blaster warms up, meatbags. - HK-47
Lordjedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #1327
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't know why this hasn't crossed my mind before or if it has been asked before, but since this is titled Revenge of Revan, I assume Revan will make an appearance in his signature robes, but will they be animated or just the stiff cape model?

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #1328
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
They will. Just read the the 34 pages.

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #1329
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Alright, thanks.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Old 07-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #1330
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey everyone

Time for another update:

The Demo is close to release, we are just doing a few final tweaks and the opening movie is close to the final version for the Demo.

I have been working on the content for the Act1; we are still moving full force ahead in the game’s production.

Crafting in Revenge of Revan:

There will be some crafting in RoR which will be centered around the idea of taking existing armor as well as new skinned armor and crafting them to allow the PC to wear along with using the Force.

Allowing this we have decided that the armor would have a lower defense or bonus to help balance the setup which allows the PC to use all Force powers while wearing it. This will allow players to go through RoR without feeling forced to always be a Robe wearing Jedi/Dark Jedi.

There will be some hidden armors that will allow the PC to use the Force while wearing them without the use of the crafting skill but these are few and hard to find.

Let us know your feed back on this topic.

Lightsaber Creation and Progression System:

Thanks to Kuai-Donn Jorn for his great hilt and hard work and passion for this project and feature. We have been working on how this system will work with hilt progression in the area of skins and hilt models. Here below is a pic of a sample progression from the Level 1 to the third Level in this progression style. You can see the hilt evolves as you gain levels and progress in this one style.

Let us know your feed back on this topic.

Journal Entries and Trust System:

The Trusts system has been shifted to the Quest items section which will have a number given which will express the Level of Trust your Companion has for you. This will keep the player from looking through the Journal entries to find the Trust level per companion plus this will allow more diversity.

Journal entries have been split into two sections one is the normal kotor2 typical Quest based journal entries but we will also what we call Personal Journal Notes.

These Personal Journal Notes will be quest items which represent notes based on Player’s choices as in a form of a diary. These are not Quest focus but might be for example….

“My first meeting with the Bounty Hunter Prime unfortunately led to the Madam of the Massage Den being killed.”

These events will allow myself the designer to easily do a check on this event and could have a situation occur or a NPC react to this event. Players will now be able to see how each play through can become more and more diverse and see how these small choices can lead to opportunities as well as other interactions which would not be if this Personal Journal Note is present or not present.

The player’s journey is more then simple quests but the choices you make even the small ones will shape your experience and give you a feeling that there is something new to discover or see in your next play through.

I have some images for you guys.

New Robes
Show spoiler

Bao-Dur with new outfit
Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Kaila
Show spoiler

Bastila's new look
Show spoiler

More pics at
http://www.moddb.com/mods/revenge-of-revan

MORE TO COME......

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #1331
darthtyren
Rookie

Oh my goodness. Logan, that's genius - especially the new Bastila look. And it's also nice to know that it will soon be coming out. I don't need a release date.
darthtyren is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #1332
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I don't know, but for some reason to me Bastila seems to look younger now. But everything else looks great!

Released Works
Dustil Restoration
Gaffi Stick Improvement

Last edited by Fallen Guardian; 07-11-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #1333
TimBob12
I'm in space!

Current Game: Mass Effect 2!
Helpful! 
I honestly cannot wait. Also Logan I have a favour to ask later which ill PM you about.

Hey
TimBob12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #1334
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
this is gonna b sooo cool! Lightsaberprogression, lots of new stuff, I love it!
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #1335
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
This is genius.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #1336
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
This is more genius than Albert Einstein was a genius.
With Bastila's new look I think I can more easily swallow the fact she has a new voice.

P.S. No offense Albert Einstein.

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #1337
Elite Duck
Rookie

I've got to say, Sucess = Dedication over Audience. There is a lot of dedication, and a big audience. Keep up the mind-blowing work!

Elite Duck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #1338
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
This is going to be the best mod ever made! Everything looks great! I realy can't wait for the demo!
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #1339
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Holy [Expletive Censored]!

Is the Demo the full ACT I or is it just a scaled-back version? I know you mentioned something about certain things that weren't going to be in the Demo, but other than that, is the gameplay going to be the same?

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #1340
Jaymen
Rookie

This is amazing work! Not only making a new story but coming up with all these new features for the game, unbelievable! I was going to hold off playing the demo until the full game came out but I realize now input from the demo would be useful. Can't wait to try it!
Jaymen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #1341
JoeWJ
Lurker

@Anakin_Xisali The demo is the start of Act 1. I think although I may be wrong it will be about a third of the first act. If I had to compare it I'd say it was like the Endar Spire and Taris from K1, it sets the story up.
JoeWJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2011, 01:49 AM   #1342
Capibara
Rookie

This looks great!

Also, since you asked for feedback, i have some comments about the armor crafting and saber hilt progression.

I'm guessing you're taking into account armors/robes and dex. modifiers to defense to keep the whole thing balanced and prevent overpowering items, but what about the economics of it?; recently, i've replayed k1 and realized that upgrade parts were just too cheap, almost never was i forced to face a choice on what to upgrade because there were always parts available real cheap. Perhaps in your mod the parts are more expensive? just a thought.

On hilt progression, just curious: why do the hilts progress to be bigger and seemingly easier to handle (with the padded grips) as the character progresses in ability?, i mean, i know very little of starwars lore outside of the movies and a couple of games, but wouldn't the non-paded slick-metal smaller saber hilt of the padawan in your pic be more difficult to properly handle than the others (that is, requiring more 'mastery')?

One last thing, (which perhaps you already answered to, so apologies), in both the video and the screenshots i'm seeing a lot of previous game companions; Bastila, Bao-Dur, and i think i also saw the Handmaiden around there somewhere... which is cool and all, but maybe you shouldn't overdo it for both freshness's sake and for your own peace of mind, i mean, getting those voices to sound like those of other people is probably resource and time consuming... again, just a thought.

Anyway, good stuff, keep it coming!
Capibara is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #1343
Qui-Don Jorn

Current Game: The Old Republic
Helpful! 
Well, one thing I could say here is that the last hilt in that progression isn't any "bigger", it just has an emitter shroud on it and you are seeing it from the back,..or the front depending on your perspective.
Qui-Don Jorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #1344
Capibara
Rookie

^ I see what you mean, but still... that emitter shroud is part of the hilt: the blade is energy and 'retractable', so it is not there to protect the base of the beam 'blade' but the user's hand. (And there's also the padded grip).
Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #1345
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I like the way that KDJ has designed the progression. To me, mastery isn't about knowing and using all techniques, styles and weapons flawlessly. Mastery is about self knowledge; of knowing which techniques work best for your own body type and personality so that you can specialize in them. A master still knows other techniques, but has preferences. Master Windu is direct, aggressive, and uses as little motion and energy as needed to dispatch enemies. Master Yoda relies on Force powers and conserves his physical exertions. When he duels, he is highly acrobatic and fluid in motion. Both are masters, but their saber hilts aren't bare basic simply because they can use any hilt; they have specialized hilts more suited to their own sizes and styles.

In KDJ's example, maybe the master like to point his finger in the direction of the blade, so that the blade becomes an extension of his hand. That would be a good reason to have an emitter guard

Old 07-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #1346
Anakin_Xisali
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
^ I see what you mean, but still... that emitter shroud is part of the hilt: the blade is energy and 'retractable', so it is not there to protect the base of the beam 'blade' but the user's hand. (And there's also the padded grip).
Quote:
I like the way that KDJ has designed the progression. To me, mastery isn't about knowing and using all techniques, styles and weapons flawlessly. Mastery is about self knowledge; of knowing which techniques work best for your own body type and personality so that you can specialize in them. A master still knows other techniques, but has preferences. Master Windu is direct, aggressive, and uses as little motion and energy as needed to dispatch enemies. Master Yoda relies on Force powers and conserves his physical exertions. When he duels, he is highly acrobatic and fluid in motion. Both are masters, but their saber hilts aren't bare basic simply because they can use any hilt; they have specialized hilts more suited to their own sizes and styles.

In KDJ's example, maybe the master like to point his finger in the direction of the blade, so that the blade becomes an extension of his hand. That would be a good reason to have an emitter guard
I agree with RedRob, but you were thinking in the physical sense. Who says the handle is "slick"? The handle could be just as easy to grip as the rubber. The reason that the padawan lightsaber is so bare is because the padawan has not yet developed his own style. The hilt begins to develop as the padawan develops, refining his technique and modifying his lightsaber to suit said technique.

98% of teens today would die if facebook or twitter had a systems failure, if you are one of the 2% that would just sit back and laugh, copy this to your signature.

-AX
Anakin_Xisali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #1347
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
(sigh)...

Quote:
The reason that the padawan lightsaber is so bare is because the padawan has not yet developed his own style.
..or that padawan is such a broke mf'er, he can't afford parts. LOL
Old 07-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #1348
logan23
Veteran

I'm on the cell phone but I wanted to mention that I love the lightsabers!

As with most progressions with armor, weapons,.... They get more detailed.

Jedi modify their hilts to make them fit their fighting style. With the mod we are aiming to reflect the idea that as you gain more experience,skills, and force powers, your saber also evolves ..... The progression style and hilt design and change will be related to the style. We are aiming to bring a system that capture this and KDJ is doing a great job.

I want to also thank everyone for their support!!

Logan

Last edited by logan23; 07-16-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #1349
Capibara
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn View Post
(sigh)...
Hehe, no need for that, i'm not nitpicking your work for the sake of nitpicking, i'm just offering my opinion on details and stuff. It certainly looks nice (although i'd rather the padded grip lines be 'ring' shaped) and the hilt progression is an interesting feature.

On mastery, techniques, etc: lightsabers are straight 'blades' and the 'blade' lenght shouldn't factor in the hilt lenght because (and this i'm guessing, i don't know what the sw lore states) the 'blade' is an energy beam (and pretty much weightless) so, the hilt lenght and details serve only for movement and technique control but, given the above and that the lightsaber is a 'straight sword', the longer the hilt the more restrictive to freedom of movement and technique it would become, which would not mean 'specialization' but 'constriction' (hardware restriction ) to a master, who should be knowledgeable of various styles and techniques and be able to quickly and easily switch between them to suit a specific circumstance and/or opponent without his primary weapon being 'unsuited' or 'difficult' for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin_Xisali
Who says the handle is "slick"? The handle could be just as easy to grip as the rubber.
*looks at pic* Looks metallic slick to me... (specially when compared to the padded grips on the next two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23
The progression style and hilt design and change will be related to the style.
You mean the hilt will change according not only to player level, but to fighting style?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #1350
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
You mean the hilt will change according not only to player level, but to fighting style?
Yes, your hilt's skin and model depends on what type of progression style you are using per progression crystal in your saber. Each of these styles will have their own hilt progression/ skin and model change.

Just to note, if these styles are unlocked then you can change them using the workbench or a certain droid with no penalty.

Check out the youtube video on the lightsaber progression system at my youtube site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjBTd2ehmt8

Logan

Old 07-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #1351
Capibara
Rookie

^Ok, i checked your video, the progression feature is nice, though it seems a bit complicated (or i just didn't understand it), this is what i got; the hilts vary according to the custom crystal placed in the color crystal slot, right? those custom crystals are retrieved from found damaged lightsabers (do this retrieval require the use of repair parts or x amount of repair skill points?, do the custom crystals you get by this process are predetermined by something?), so then, the new custom-hilted lightsaber has some bonuses in them and is... tied to a specific lightsaber fighting form? (meaning you can only use that form with that partcular lightsaber?)... i am confuse.

(Also, imo, main attribute bonuses on weapons is kinda not-so-good, i know you say in the video that the +7 bonus there was just for show, but even if it is +1...)
Old 07-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #1352
iamyourdad
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR 2 TSL
How long before the mod will be out?

Iamyourdad has been killed by Darth Real Life...
iamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #1353
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
W.I.D.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #1354
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
One last thing, (which perhaps you already answered to, so apologies), in both the video and the screenshots i'm seeing a lot of previous game companions; Bastila, Bao-Dur, and i think i also saw the Handmaiden around there somewhere... which is cool and all, but maybe you shouldn't overdo it for both freshness's sake and for your own peace of mind, i mean, getting those voices to sound like those of other people is probably resource and time consuming... again, just a thought.
the use of previous characters is to gain a sense of continuation. Logan wants this mod to feel like it is part of the same trilogy, but still is it's own story. So, just like some K1 characters make a cameo in TSL, there will be a few cameos in RoR. As it is right now, Bastila and Bao-Dur have scenes, Carth and Handmaiden might show up (depending on your LS/DS choices for K1/TSL), and T3 and a HK assassin droids might show up as well.

We are aware that over doing the cameos will work against us, so we won't throw every previous party member in there.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 AM   #1355
Qui-Don Jorn

Helpful! 
Quote:
(although i'd rather the padded grip lines be 'ring' shaped) and the hilt progression is an interesting feature.
Oh we got those too!
Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM   #1356
redrob41
Veteran

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtyren View Post
Oh my goodness. Logan, that's genius - especially the new Bastila look.
VarsityPuppet altered the head and body models (excellent work I must say ), and I provided higher res face and hair textures, as well as these robe textures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian View Post
I don't know, but for some reason to me Bastila seems to look younger now. But everything else looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slstoev View Post
With Bastila's new look I think I can more easily swallow the fact she has a new voice.
The response here has been more positive than negative, but on the RoR Facebook page, people don't seem to like Bastila's new hair-do. To clear things up a bit, I'm providing a few more screenies, for comparisson sake:

Show spoiler
Show spoiler
Show spoiler

The shape of the face is basically unchanged, but I've altered the uvw map a bit to fix the inside of the bottom lip, and the eyebrows are not as sad and wistful anymore. I've added more detail to the lips, and a tiny touch of care worn wrinkles around the eyes and corners of the mouth. She's only about thirty years old, so she shouldn't have too many wrinkles yet (unless she has too much stress from being on the council ).

I figure that she was able to keep her leather in good working condition, she ordered new boots in the same style (Sears Wishbook maybe ), but she wouldn't still be wearing the same pants and shirt after all these years .

Since I think that this new look is fantastic for a grown up (but not grown old) Bastila, I don't want to change anything. The only thing I'd consider, is easing up on the seriousness of her eyebrows (but they look much better in conversations than in static screenies).

Last edited by redrob41; 07-19-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 AM   #1357
Capibara
Rookie

Quote:
(...) depending on your LS/DS choices for K1/TSL(...)
Ah, so you're doing the Atton questions 'trick' to let the player introduce some background preferences, eh? good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai-Donn Jorn
Oh we got those too!

Quote:
The response here has been more positive than negative, but on the RoR Facebook page, people don't seem to like Bastila's new hair-do.
Hair looks fine, no more kiddie pigtails, if anything the ponytail hair could be longer.

Quote:
I figure that she was able to keep her leather in good working condition, she ordered new boots in the same style (Sears Wishbook maybe), but she wouldn't still be wearing the same pants and shirt after all these years.
The combination looks kinda weird though (k1 and k2 big cape robe)... the character is recognizable, and will have a big sign with her name above the head, so why keep her in the k1 clothing? give her a full k2 robe instead (imo).

Quote:
Since I think that this new look is fantastic for a grown up (but not grown old) Bastila, I don't want to change anything. The only thing I'd consider, is easing up on the seriousness of her eyebrows (but they look much better in conversations than in static screenies).
The eyebrows are perfect as they are!. Only thing would be the mouth; seems to give a bit too much of a 'pissed off' expression.

Overall looks very nice.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM   #1358
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
I like Bastila's new hairstyle very much. Over the years it's pretty unlikely that she's going to have the same hairstyle as in k1... plus this current hairdo reflects her age perfectly IMO. If you lean toward "Mature Bastila" I think she's going to look like a mom or something, not a respected Jedi.

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #1359
.:Lord Revan:.

Current Game: MW3
[QUOTE=logan23;2784530]Hey everyone

Time for another update:

The Demo is close to release, we are just doing a few final tweaks and the opening movie is close to the final version for the Demo.

Yeah!!

Also I like Bastila's new look very "mature"
.:Lord Revan:. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #1360
jacolino1996
Rookie

Hi I'm new here but I was watching RoR since few months on Moddb and at first a didn't like Bastila's new look because she was ugly but now I must admit that its good choice to change her and now she looks mature. Sorry for my English
jacolino1996 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan