lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #1561
Rejeans501st
Rookie

okay so im testing with your beta to see if my idea will work it turns out that you would need to click install but that then it dosnt asks you if you want custom install or not it just asks you if you accept the terms then next page is the location for the first install just put SWRoR Where SWKotoR II is ill see if it works on my pc and get back to you if it works or not thanks

I DID IT!! just not the way i thought so what i did to make it work becuase you were right the other way did'nt work so what i did was i went to C : programfiles : lucasarts and in there i made a folder called SWRoR and then i opened another window but this one was at C : programfiles : lucasarts:KotoR II and then dragged everything from kotoR II to SWRoR i then went to programs and uninstalled Tsl then i Reinstalled and everything was fine i already had your beta installed when i Dragged the stuff in the folder (though i know that it wont matter if you do or not)to SWRoR so the beta was already installed ive opened both KotoR II and RoR and both run just fine so it worked (note i havent tested so i dont know if it will work copy/pasting instead of dragging) so yea now i can play your beta (and the game once its out) and Tsl without having to change it back and forth. i can also mod my tsl all i want and it still will work ive tested this idea today so and it does work. dont know if you like this idea but all you would have to do is put in your readme for people to do it may not sound it in text but when you do it it is really easy to do. up to you thanks

also a note you may want to install the patch to tsl before dragging up to you though

also the save game editer will not see SWRoR this is an easy fix just if you want to use it on SWRoR just right click on TSL and make a new path to SWRoR if you then want KOTOR II just change the path back have tested this and it works. Hey also i had a question would it by any chance posible to have the lost jedi's robes (you know mira, atton, brianna, and so on) for tsl to wear like in a seperate mod Please!!!!! that would be awsome cause when i looked at them in game they were the best. Thanks

Moderator note [12-17-2011 08:30 PM]

See where it says "you may: edit, quote & reply, quick reply..."

Please use the edit in the furtue instead of double, triple or in this case quadruple-posting. Thanks

Last edited by Rejeans501st; 12-18-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: a question
Rejeans501st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #1562
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
how's it going? I played the mod and was left hanging in the blue room

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2011, 04:20 AM   #1563
Darth_Delator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaboka View Post
Mmmmm! I like the music. I think the Dromund Kaas theme could use a little remixing for balance, and both could maybe use some epic reverb. What program do you use?
Thanks)
I use my Korg Triton workstation.Cool thing for every one who loves composing
Darth_Delator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #1564
darth-ackbar
Rookie

Current Game: The Search For Revan
i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but from what I can tell this doesn't adhere to any canon i've ever seen. So my question is, is this supposed to be canonical?

Also, how did you go about making the back section of this:

Search For Revan Website: www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com

Search For Revan LucasForums Thread

<a href=http://www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com target=_blank>http://www.kotorsearchforrevan.wetpaint.com</a>
darth-ackbar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #1565
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth-ackbar View Post
i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but from what I can tell this doesn't adhere to any canon i've ever seen. So my question is, is this supposed to be canonical?

Also, how did you go about making the back section of this:
RedRob41 explained it to me, http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php...pictureid=5647

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #1566
FaZzZa99
Rookie

Quote:
the story is created by logan, so no, it isn't canon
but i believe it's done in a way that avoids serious conflicts with canon

except for the way SWTOR handles the Revan business
FaZzZa99 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #1567
Artimonier
Lurker

Current Game: SWKotOR II: RoR
Hello everybody,

I just got an idea. After you complete the mod there should be some other credits besides the original ones. Eg:

Revenge of Revan Mod created by Logan23

Creator Logan23

Lead Designer Logan23

Character Artist Redrob41

Dialogue Logan23, Lord of Hunger, Divide&Conquer, Juansaman

and other things like special thanks, scripting etc...

If my idea has been already requested, I''m sorry. I only heard about this mod yesterday and I red only about 14 pages of this thread so I may be out-to-date.

Best regards and a happy new year,
Vlad

Last edited by Artimonier; 01-01-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Artimonier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #1568
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge Suron View Post
how's it going? I played the mod and was left hanging in the blue room
Yeah, that's the temporary ending for the Demo. Rest assured, there will be plenty more story to replace that blue room.
Quote:
Logan23 (with help from other contributing writers) has tried his best come up with a story that could fit within the known canon (at least what was known before the release of the Revan novel and TOR). Now that canon isn't as perfectly compatable with the original RoR storyline, but Logan is a smart guy, so I'm sure that he'll compensate. Right now, the plan is to have an option come up during a conversation, that allows the PC to choose which history for Revan and the Exile to use: canon or alternate history. Don't forget, some people may have chosen non-canon Dark Side endings when playing KotOR and TSL, and we want everyone to be able to continue the story the way they want to; not just Lucas Arts canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObiWan View Post
Thanks for posting that link to my gallery where I had responded with some notes about creating the logo design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimonier View Post
I just got an idea. After you complete the mod there should be some other credits besides the original ones. Eg:
If my idea has been already requested, I''m sorry. I only heard about this mod yesterday and I red only about 14 pages of this thread so I may be out-to-date.
Welcome to the forums darth-ackbar and Artimonier . Yeah, there's a lot of reading, but I'm glad to hear that you're actually going through it

The demo does have some scrolling credits at the end. They aren't in the traditional Star Wars blue font, but they make sure that everyone who contributed gets a mention. Some people (like myself) even use our real names, as well as our on-line handles.

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #1569
Artimonier
Lurker

Current Game: SWKotOR II: RoR
Hello everybody,

I found a little problem in the RoR Beta installation doc change list.

Change list:
mus_a_100
mus_jedi
mus_a_003
mus_a_232
mus_a_31
mus_a_503
mus_main
mus_sion

There is no mus_a_31 file in the KOTOR music. Hopefully I searched that folder and found a file called "mus_a_351".

Forgot to say... In the next Beta or "non-Beta" version there should be an application that when you launch it, it does all the work for you". (No manual copy, paste or rename.)

Regards,
Vlad
Artimonier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #1570
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey everyone!

Happy new year!!!

Feels good to be done with the holidays.
I hope everyone had a great holiday!

The mod is going well.
I'm going back to the technical modding aspects starting today.

I have been working on layout and design documents for the mod in between eating and seeing family.

These layout and docs are to aid in allowing New team members a nice transition into the project.

This next month I will be aiming to finish all the tweaks to the beta and the get ready for the rest of the VO next month for that VO / content tweak patch.

The RoR team would like to say thank you and wish you a happy new year :-)

@Artimonier
Thanks for pointing that out. I will see if that number is needed or typo with those numbers.

Update:

Next month will be the release of the RoR New Website.

MORE TO COME.....

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #1571
jacolino1996
Rookie

New website! Oh yeah

The Sith Lords are our speciality!
jacolino1996 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1572
Warlord664

Current Game: swtor
Contest winner - Modding 
Awesome. Can't wait for that website logan. Happy new year to every body here at LF.
Warlord664 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #1573
Zhaboka
Applesauce Tractor

Veteran Modder 
Thank heavens! Good luck, Logan.

Thank you Gorgod.
Zhaboka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #1574
Rejeans501st
Rookie

Hey just a question in this mod your party members, will the ones that don't start as Jedi/sith be able to train into those also how many jedi/sith will there be in your party to start with? Also one of the things that I fixed with mods in KotOR 1 but didn't need for tsl is in tsl I've allways loved that the party is change able with different choices for instance if your male you get handmaiden female disciple, nar shaddaa you can get ethier hanhar or mira of course I always liked handmaiden and Mira way better but anyway will there be any of that in this and If there is can it be by option so that if you like one NPC better than another you can choose? And last but not least without giving away big spoilers can you tell me anything like updates or whatever on kelborn saw you were putting him as a party member and am way exited about that!! Out of the very few so far I've heard of he seems like the coolest party member. Oh yes sorry bout so many questions but I've just got one more will there be any carry over party members in your party from KotOR or tsl? Thanks a buntch this mod seems awesome
Rejeans501st is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #1575
d3sd0
Rookie

Logan and the rest of the team,
Thank you so much for all this hard work and dedication you have put into this mod so far! It has been progressing so well and is very impressive! I have tried following it to the best I can! Also, if you need any extra/ quick skins (I know redrob is the main skinner on this project, but I would love to help alleviate some of the stress etc.) Just send me a pm if you want I suppose. Always would be happy to help!
~d3sd0

To know that one has breathed easier because you have lived is to have succeeded.
d3sd0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #1576
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
Hey just a question in this mod your party members, will the ones that don't start as Jedi/sith be able to train into those also how many jedi/sith will there be in your party to start with? Also one of the things that I fixed with mods in KotOR 1 but didn't need for tsl is in tsl I've allways loved that the party is change able with different choices for instance if your male you get handmaiden female disciple, nar shaddaa you can get ethier hanhar or mira of course I always liked handmaiden and Mira way better but anyway will there be any of that in this and If there is can it be by option so that if you like one NPC better than another you can choose? And last but not least without giving away big spoilers can you tell me anything like updates or whatever on kelborn saw you were putting him as a party member and am way exited about that!! Out of the very few so far I've heard of he seems like the coolest party member.

-There is at least one character that will be able to be trained into a Jedi/Dark Jedi from your companions but don't expect to see the numbers seen in kotor2 since the training of companions into Jedi were a major part of the kotor2 plot while it isn't one in RoR.

-There will changes in your party based on your choices in the game.
Ex. Your gender determines which Lost Jedi you meet in the game later in the game. Also the choice of Revan's light side or dark side /kotor1 will affect your last companion choice.

-Kelborn will be a cool character that will allow players to learn more about the Mandalorians and the events after kotor1/2.

FYI: Also a reminder that the nominations for kotor1 and kotor2 Mod of the year for 2011 has started so I would remind everyone to head over to TRUCE and make your nominations.
All modders would appreciate your time to look over their mods.

Logan

Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #1577
logan23
Veteran

Hey,

Update:

Pictures of the New Revenge of Revan Website Work in Progress

These pics will give you an idea what to expect

Enjoy

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

Show spoiler

MORE TO COME........

Logan

Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #1578
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Looks very professional. Great job Logan, and anyone else who worked on it.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #1579
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Sexy Nice job man!

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #1580
jacolino1996
Rookie

That's... stunning. Good work!

Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #1581
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Worth the wait!

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #1582
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
OOh, lovely HK droid. Can't wait to have a in depth look through.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #1583
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Wow it looks like it going to be awesome! ......Too bad i will still have to wait more years for the mod...Ty for the update Logan!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #1584
Christos K
Forumite

That Developer Blog part looks groundbreaking!!!!!!

But in reality that site looks awesome. That alone will warrant a award let alone when this mod is completed and ready to ship!

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #1585
Scorge
Jedi Protector

Current Game: SWTOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
WOW, that looks very professional as Fallen said, that is just pure awesomeness.

Formally MrObiWan

If you need help with textures on any KotOR/TSL mod, feel free to contact me.

Scorge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #1586
Kateel
Lurker

It looks awesome! So excited to see it completed
Kateel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #1587
UltimateHK47
Forumite

May i ask when is the site coming? And which part of the month as Im so excited

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1588
logan23
Veteran

Actually 85-90 percent of the text is in the for the new site and about 90 percent of the artwork. We are working on polishing it and seeing how the use of html can be use to edit it and get it to look the way we envisioned it. We are getting close to the release. =)

Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1589
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
awesome I really can't wait!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #1590
jacolino1996
Rookie

This waiting is killing me

Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #1591
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Lol you tricked me jacolinon1996! I went yay a knew post that must mean the site is done! and then.....the wait continues.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #1592
jacolino1996
Rookie

Sorry for that

Old 02-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1593
Istorian

Helpful! 
Very good, logan! The site is professional, congratulations! We definitely can't wait for it's release! Also, will the character database unlock certain characters from time to time, like a countdown to the release or something?

Istorian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #1594
Construct
Rookie

Nice to see that this is still active. Can't wait to view all the sub-sections of the website once it's live.
Construct is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #1595
jacolino1996
Rookie

So.. what's with that website?

Old 02-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #1596
logan23
Veteran

Hey everyone!

The website is going through its final tweaks and grammar checks.

The site should be up in a few days.

Also I have changed Uldir's name to Uldar since it sounded better when the name is said out loud in a dialogue scene.

=)

Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1597
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Ooh, the anticipating wait shall be over

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 02-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #1598
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
The site should be up in a few days.
I guess I can think of a few posts that'll have be updated now that have mentioned a new site opening in February.

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #1599
logan23
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I can think of a few posts that'll have be updated now that have mentioned a new site opening in February.
Yea,lol

I'm very happy with the way it turned out plus there will be music/RoR score to listen to on the site.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #1600
Warlord664

Contest winner - Modding 
Hurry days! Go by faster!

Lets rock and role play!

http://xat.com/TSLModding
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan