lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: spells.2da ChangeEdit Help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Hando
Rookie

spells.2da ChangeEdit Help

After playing around with a test force power I made, I decided to try to use the TSLPatcher to try to make it compatible with the other mods that take up spells.2da in my override folder. I can't quite understand how to get the row number to be the number I put in. I've read the TSLPatcher's readme, but I am still confused. Can someone please help?

I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.
-Han Solo
Hando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
You don't have it put in the row number you put in. You have it add a row and save the reference to the row in a 2damemory token then you have the patcher edit the script files to replace references to that same memory token and then when the patcher runs it inserts a line in the spells.2da and edits and compiles the scripts for you. If you have the patcher lock in a set row in a 2da file you will cause incompatibilities which is what is there to prevent.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > spells.2da ChangeEdit Help