lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Teenage girls to be sterilized in Britain?
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM   #121
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Jmac, that's called idiot land. Human contact is based around Enlightened Self Interest, not straight up chaos. Yes, every human is in it for No. 1, and it is selfish, but that's not the point. Morality is a set of codes people live by to keep society together. Without morality, humans would essentially move in a bunch of gangs that rape and pillage as they go, then gradually disintegrate as the biggest takes charge, leads them for a while, so on and so forth. Morality is what brought humanity from cavemen to the Agriculture, and by proxy to the Modern Era.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #122
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Jmac, that's called idiot land. Human contact is based around Enlightened Self Interest, not straight up chaos. Yes, every human is in it for No. 1, and it is selfish, but that's not the point. Morality is a set of codes people live by to keep society together. Without morality, humans would essentially move in a bunch of gangs that rape and pillage as they go, then gradually disintegrate as the biggest takes charge, leads them for a while, so on and so forth. Morality is what brought humanity from cavemen to the Agriculture, and by proxy to the Modern Era.
"Hmm I don't want to be killed."
"Hey <other person>, if you don't try to kill me I won't try to kill you."
"k"
"k"

And humans aren't the vastly superior beings you think them to be. We're just barely out of the woods - and this is proven almost every day by war, murder, rape, theft, and most of the bull**** you essentially denied the existence of.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #123
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
^^Given that morality is basically a set of rules that guides human behavior, it does exist b/c people basically seek order from chaos. There are, naturally, individuals that seek to exploit chaos for their own selfish reasons, but that doesn't mean that morality doesn't exist. Your Hobbsian outlook notwhithstanding, are you saying that society has no rules whatsoever or just that you really don't believe in concepts of good and evil?


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:53 AM   #124
DarthJebus05
Banned
 
DarthJebus05's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
Maybe he thinks STD's are created during a sex act. Seems clear to me he has no idea how the world works, which makes me wonder why people keep replying to his posts.
Likewise, your posts never make sense to me. It's all "Look at me, I'm better than you!" and "Just because I'm friends with the admins, means I can abuse you and get away with it!".

Give it a rest, everyone. --Jae

A teenage girl gets sterilized, thus she thinks she can go and have unprotected sex with her boyfriend. It turns out that her boyfriend has a STD, and this is after they had unprotected sex.

The End.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 03-11-2008 at 01:52 AM.
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #125
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Not really. I'm not saying humans aren't bastards. We don't follow our own moral codes a lot of the time, as much as we cherish it. That doesn't mean morality doesn't exist. As I have said before, you can talk about relative morality as opposed to objective, but I can't think of anyone, besides you, who has ever said "Morality does not exist." It's completely wrong. Sorry, but it's a failed opinion. Denying the existence of morality is about as correct as denying the existence of the color green or claiming there was no Moon Landing - sorry, but your Opinion is invalid, and it's time to file a bug report.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #126
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace
 
DeadYorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,275
Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Jebus its a little more complicated then that. Plus I don't think it is very smart or nice to bash someone. Especially if they know more about a subject then you do.


"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #127
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png
 
Det. Bart Lasiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: `(.)~
Posts: 7,997
Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
sorry, but your Opinion is invalid
Okay then. Good argument.



"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #128
Totenkopf
English spoken in What
 
Totenkopf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: What?
Posts: 4,787
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
I think DJ's point is probably covered somewhere above. If you remove the risk of pregnancy, you remove one of the reasons that people are/try to be more careful in the pursuit of carnal pleasure. Most forms of contraception aren't foolproof, and younger people can be even more irresponsible than older ones (though often not by much). It is plausible that if a younger person starts experimenting with sex and finds it liberating they may become more active (especially if she doesn't have to worry about pregnancy) and increase the chances of contracting an std. Now, not saying that sterilizing teens is going to result in a huge upswing in veneral diseases reported/contracted, but it is a potential concern.


Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 03-11-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #129
DarthJebus05
Banned
 
DarthJebus05's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by RakataDark
Jebus its a little more complicated then that. Plus I don't think it is very smart or nice to bash someone. Especially if they know more about a subject then you do.
Sorry, I don't know as much as her because... because... , I can't think of a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
I think DJ's point is probably covered somewhere above. If you remove the risk of pregnancy, you remove one of the reasons that people are/try to be more careful in the pursuit of carnal pleasure. Most forms of contraception aren't foolproof, and younger people can be even more irresponsible than older ones (though often not by much). It is plausible that if a younger person starts experimenting with sex and finds it liberating they way become more active (especially if she doesn't have to worry about pregnancy) and increase the chances of contracting an std. Now, not saying that sterilizing teens is going to result in a huge upswing in veneral diseases reported/contracted, but it is a potential concern.
I was the first one to bring it up, then got tired of repeating myself.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 03-11-2008 at 01:54 AM. Reason: language
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #130
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
Likewise, your posts never make sense to me. It's all "Look at me, I'm better than you!" and "Just because I'm friends with the admins, means I can abuse you and get away with it!".
I am not aware of any place where Inyri has expressed such an opinion. I also, as an admin, do not appreciate the insinuations you make with your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
A teenage girl gets sterilized, thus she thinks she can go and have unprotected sex with her boyfriend. It turns out that her boyfriend has a STD, and this is after they had unprotected sex.

The End.
You assume that all girls will think this way. You assume that the people administering the sterilizations will not impress upon the girls that it is a contraceptive measure, not an anti-STD measure. Either way, you assume either monumental stupidity or gross negligence on someone's part.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #131
DarthJebus05
Banned
 
DarthJebus05's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
You assume that all girls will think this way. You assume that the people administering the sterilizations will not impress upon the girls that it is a contraceptive measure, not an anti-STD measure. Either way, you assume either monumental stupidity or gross negligence on someone's part.
Thats where you're wrong. I never said all girls are like that, never ever ever ever ever. I can keep going? I already said I freaken know this isn't a anti-std measure, it will cause more STD's, since some girls will relax and not use condoms, and accidentally get a STD from their boyfriend.

:EDIT: Forgot to mention, I said 'admins', not Rouge Nine. And how did you know I was talking about this forum?
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #132
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
Thats where you're wrong. I never said all girls are like that, never ever ever ever ever. I can keep going? I already said I freaken know this isn't a anti-std measure, it will cause more STD's, since some girls will relax and not use condoms, and accidentally get a STD from their boyfriend.
From your original post on the point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
They would want to have unprotected sex, since they can't get pregnant, and what if their boyfriend has a STD? Thats what I'm trying to say.
'They'? That sounds a lot like a blanket statement for 'all girls' to me.

And I like that your assumption is based on the fact that boys are automatic carriers of STDs AND irresponsible enough not to let their partners know AND stupid enough not to know that sterilization is not a contraceptive measure. Way to stereotype the gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
:EDIT: Forgot to mention, I said 'admins', not Rouge Nine. And how did you know I was talking about this forum?
My name is Rogue Nine. I'm pretty sure the other admins would also not appreciate the sentiments you insinuate. And since we're posting on this forum and you are referring to Inyri's statements here, then I can only assume that you mean this forum.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #133
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I've noticed a lot more expletives being used in the past week or two. Keep the language clean, people.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 02:05 AM   #134
DarthJebus05
Banned
 
DarthJebus05's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
From your original post on the point:


'They'? That sounds a lot like a blanket statement for 'all girls' to me.

And I like that your assumption is based on the fact that boys are automatic carriers of STDs AND irresponsible enough not to let their partners know AND stupid enough not to know that sterilization is not a contraceptive measure. Way to stereotype the gender.


My name is Rogue Nine. I'm pretty sure the other admins would also not appreciate the sentiments you insinuate. And since we're posting on this forum and you are referring to Inyri's statements here, then I can only assume that you mean this forum.
Great, I must be the stupidest person in the world. Every guy has STD's, damnit. I wonder where babies come from then?

Seriously, 'they' meaning idiotic girls who think being sterilized will stop STD's.

Quote:
They would want to have unprotected sex, since they can't get pregnant, and what if their boyfriend has a STD? Thats what I'm trying to say.
I gave the bit where I don't say all guys carries STD's a bold font.
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 AM   #135
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
Great, I must be the stupidest person in the world. Every guy has STD's, damnit. I wonder where babies come from then?

I gave the bit where I don't say all guys carries STD's a bold font.
I made my position based on this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
I already said I freaken know this isn't a anti-std measure, it will cause more STD's, since some girls will relax and not use condoms, and accidentally get a STD from their boyfriend.
Your supposition is that those girls who choose to 'relax' and not use condoms will automatically get an STD from their boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJebus05
Seriously, 'they' meaning idiotic girls who think being sterilized will stop STD's.
Well, then you should have said so instead of being unhelpfully vague about a point you were trying to make that is central to your argument.

And you have not responded on my points about the male's responsibility in the matter.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 02:17 AM   #136
DarthJebus05
Banned
 
DarthJebus05's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 631
I needed to repost this:

Quote:
and what if their boyfriend[ has a STD?
What if? I never said every guy has a STD.

Quote:
and what if their boyfriend has a STD?
And I have no idea why you would think I think every girl would want to have unprotected sex. Why would someone think that?
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #137
Rogue Nine
*static*
 
Rogue Nine's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 14,654
Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
It is not my fault you cannot communicate a clear message, instead relying on vague, confusing and overly generalized blanket statements and anecdotal evidence to back up your position.

And this entire argument is irrelevant to the topic at hand anyway, so it is done.




have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #138
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,912
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
*Jae views this thread and lifts an eyebrow at the smoke erupting*

Please find a way to not snipe at each other *, or I'll be happy to close the thread so you all won't be able to. That is all.



Edit by d3: * and keep the discussion on topic


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 06:13 PM   #139
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo
 
Arcesious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NE
Posts: 1,876
Current Game: Mass Effect
Sorry about that. We'll continue the debate/discussion about Morals in another thread.


Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #140
Salzella
areiK
 
Salzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,135
Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
More generally, it's a paranoid joke which no-one of middling intelligence or above reads.
an admirable summary, if i may say so.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Teenage girls to be sterilized in Britain?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.