lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for main villain.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
Random Person
Lurker

Ideas for main villain.

So how would you like K3's main villain to be like in terms of goals, personality, abilities and fighting style?

Personally I'd prefer the villain to be more similar to Malak rather than Nihlius in terms of power but perhaps a bit less exagerrated and more subtle.
Random Person is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Well even though it's out of the timeframe, I'd love to battle Darth Plagueous, but within timeline, i'd love to take on Darth Bane or a ghost of some sith lord...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Hawkstrong16

I would like a completely unique Sith Lord. One who looks far more normal then all the others
(lets face if the really evil masked or badly scared sith lords are getting kinda old)
Someone who is extremely powerful and yet fair looking(as in not Sion looking. lol)
Maybe wielding a double blade instead of single. And not so evil it hurts but he acts all nice until you piss him off.

Just a thought anyway.......

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Some ancient sith lord who toys with the character in some way and contributes to the main plot twist

(700th post YAHOO!!)

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #5
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
A non-Sith boss. Please.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
A non-Sith boss. Please.

Now that idea I like. Although it just wouldn't be star wars without a Sith boss

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

Old 03-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo-Man 07
Now that idea I like. Although it just wouldn't be star wars without a Sith boss
I'm one of those guys who haven't liked KotOR II storyline. But unlike most of people, I don't despise the game because it ran too far from the Star Wars spirit. I just plainly hated the fact that it wasn't a throughly thought plot like K1 was, with all the gaps being explained by "the Force".

So, I've got no qualms with a surprise boss. Of course there can be Sith Lords (and let's be honest here, there'll be), just not the final bad guy.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
I'm one of those guys who haven't liked KotOR II storyline. But unlike most of people, I don't despise the game because it ran too far from the Star Wars spirit. I just plainly hated the fact that it wasn't a throughly thought plot like K1 was, with all the gaps being explained by "the Force".

So, I've got no qualms with a surprise boss. Of course there can be Sith Lords (and let's be honest here, there'll be), just not the final bad guy.

wow...Those were almost exactly my thoughts on K2. lol

Old 03-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #9
Alteir
Lurker

How about, you are Revan again, and you find that you're jedi master who trained you was hiding on Dantooine. Bla bla bla, you find him. But at the end, he turns on you and you have to fight him, with all of your party members against you. Like your whole party is jedi you have found on different planets, and you have to fight them all.
Alteir is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 10:17 PM   #10
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alteir
How about, you are Revan again, and you find that you're jedi master who trained you was hiding on Dantooine. Bla bla bla, you find him. But at the end, he turns on you and you have to fight him, with all of your party members against you. Like your whole party is jedi you have found on different planets, and you have to fight them all.
There are other topics about what you want the plot to be like. But this plot doesn't sound very original

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #11
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:

I honestly have to say that I agree with your statement. Not that I normally don't. I think that having a non-Sith as the "final bad guy" would be quite interesting. Change can be a good thing.

More on topic: Well, I think that the Star Wars universe (expanded universe?) should have a whole new villain. Perhaps, someone that is stealthy? Or a Sith Lord, or just some boss, that is a different species (EX: Twi'lek). I think that the entire human thing does get old sometimes. I mean this is Star Wars, there are going to be aliens, so why can't you be one. Or in this case that I am talking about, why can't the 'bad-guy' actually be an 'alien'? I think that that would be very interesting. Well, my brain juices are flowing, and I have a lot of ideas running through my head...I just can't state them as of the moment...

~Rev

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #12
*Don*
Rookie

The main villian should be a splinter of the main character and should be voiced by either Bon Jovi or Snoop Dogg.

"Any fool with a d*ck can make a child, but it takes a real man to raise one..."
- Boyz N The Hood
*Don* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #13
kotorfan84
Rookie

What if there was one "real" Sith left? As far as cannon goes, Naga Sadow was the last member of the species mentioned. He met his end at the hands of Freedon Nadd, after being in suspended animation for 600 years following the Great Hyper Space War.

He took his Massassi warriors with him to Yavin 4, but what if the followers of Ludo Kresh (who also died in the Great Hyper Space War) and what ever remaining Sith fled to the Sith world Ziost.

I think this could work story wise. Remember after the death of Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kresh was more conservative than Naga Sadow and didn't want to fight the republic, believing the Sith weren't strong enough. It only makes sense that his followers would feel the same. They could've gained enough power to reveal themselves but stayed hidden during the war of Exar Kun, because of how powerful he was. After seeing the Jedi Order weakened, they decided to trick the Mandalorians into war in order to thin the Jedi's numbers even more.

Ofcourse we know the story of Revan (atleast up until Kotor I), but what if after regaining his memories he went off into unkown space and weakened them enough (with the help of the exile) that it gave the "lost jedi" enough time to rebuild the order.

Last edited by kotorfan84; 03-09-2008 at 03:49 AM.
kotorfan84 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 AM   #14
patient_zero

I'd like to see another "Jedi-killer" in the style described by Atton and HK-47. The "fight" with him/her would be a solo crawl, having to dodge or endure traps and watch as he/she captures or kills your party members to weaken your resolve. In the end he/she would use one of them (Probably "the romantic interest" or the one you have most influence with) as a meatshield, and you could either stop him/her while hurting them or let him/her escape. Probably wouldn't work for a final boss, but I think it'd be interesting.
patient_zero is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Don*
The main villian should be a splinter of the main character
He may not be the last boss, but isn't that who Nihilus was?

Snoop voice included

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotorfan84
I think this could work story wise. Remember after the death of Marka Ragnos, Ludo Kresh was more conservative than Naga Sadow and didn't want to fight the republic, believing the Sith weren't strong enough. It only makes sense that his followers would feel the same.
Would it? Normally, the Sith that takes their masters place don't think on the same way the formers did. See Malak-Revan.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #16
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
I'd love to see a Jedi end boss. But then far, far better done then Kotor 2.

A good example is the kotor comic, where several Jedi hunt a fugitive (innocent) padawan down. The resulting action is explosive and VERY cool...

Just imagine an ancient Yoda or Mace Windu hunting you down for the wrong reasons...ending in an explosive finale.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #17
kotorfan84
Rookie

Quote:
Would it? Normally, the Sith that takes their masters place don't think on the same way the formers did. See Malak-Revan.
During that time there were 2 Sith Lords ving fo power, and the main difference between them was Naga Sadow wanted to expand the empire, while Ludo Kesh was content with what they had, so it wouldn't make sese that Kresh's followers would think more like Sadow.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #18
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I would like if the last bad guy was one of those red true sith dudes. Malak had a cool thing where he sucked the life out of almost dead jedi, Traya had the three lightsaber thing which was nifty, I would like if the True Sith guy had something special, maybe even what happened at the end of Assassin's Creed...sorry possible spoiler coming

Were the last boss at the end summons back all the guys you killed, if this true sith could summon like a shadow of a bunch of sith lords back to fight you at once.

All of a sudden Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Malak, some other red dudes, other not so well known bad guys pop up like, maybe something like that.

Or like others have said above maybe not a human as the final boss, but maybe they haven't done it before because it looks slightly off or ridiculous, it would seem odd to me if a Duro was the final boss
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #19
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
^

Well, we are just brainstorming, and a lot of the ideas that I (and all of us) have heard have well...condridictions in them. Not trying to pick on you but there are some that I found with your last post (^)

Would it be odd to have to fight a Duro as the final boss on Duro?

If the last boss summons up all the people that you have killed, doesn't that mean that you have to kill them again? Wouldn't you think killing all that you have killed during the game, at the very end of the game would be pretty hard?

I'm not trying to pick on you. I want to say something on the "Snoop-Dog" comment, but what I have to say wouldn't be...erm...you know.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #20
*Don*
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
I want to say something on the "Snoop-Dog" comment, but what I have to say wouldn't be...erm...you know.
Lol...
Yeah I know what ur tying to say.
I only said that cuz I thought it would be funny.

Just imagine a end boss who is "high" 24/7.

"Any fool with a d*ck can make a child, but it takes a real man to raise one..."
- Boyz N The Hood
*Don* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #21
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 

Well you certainly made me laugh *Don*.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Tommycat
º¿º>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
I think it would be rather interesting to have a polar opposite of the main character. A clone that made the opposite choices from you.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #23
kotorfan84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat
I think it would be rather interesting to have a polar opposite of the main character. A clone that made the opposite choices from you.
Yeah, I thought of something kinda similar. One of your part members (another Jedi) always seems to disaprove of your actions and everytime you gain light side points, he gains dark side points (and vice versa). Then at some pont in the game, there is some point of no return where you 2 are at odds and have a confrontation where one falls to the dark side.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #24
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotorfan84
Yeah, I thought of something kinda similar. One of your part members (another Jedi) always seems to disaprove of your actions and everytime you gain light side points, he gains dark side points (and vice versa). Then at some pont in the game, there is some point of no return where you 2 are at odds and have a confrontation where one falls to the dark side.
That looks like Kreia minus the inverse alignment points.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #25
Kas'!m

Yuuzhan Vong FTW; doesn't have to be canon
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #26
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
What if there's no end boss and you just wake up as little Ani ?

Méh, lame !

I think a strong female thing, with some Giger mixed in might give something wicked.
I wouldn't mind if it all took place on a big interstellar cruise ship, something like the Titanic.

And something creepy whack happens on board.

Just some lose weird ideas.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #27
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Since the enemy in K3 is likely to be the "True Sith" (whoever they are), I think it would be best for the main villain to be a member of the actual Sith species. I have no other preference, since as of now the game doesn't exist.
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #28
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
http://www.exile-designs.com/images/...terminator.png

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #29
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
And that be...erm...the Exile jonathan7? I can imagine the possibilities....

Old 03-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #30
Ghost Down

A bad-ass Mandalorian general

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #31
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I don't want a Sith Lord, but an actual Sith king of the Sith race, or the Emperor of the so-called "true Sith Empire" that "rules elsewhere." One of those beings with red skin and a tentacle-like beard that we see in the Tales of the Jedi comics, believed to be extinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #32
Jvstice

First of all I like the idea of an alien for 3. Malak was like the ultimate racist. Kreia hated everyone equally, regardless of alien or humanity. Having an alien that hates humans would round it out. A true sith would be cool to me, but a good story could be done with something else too.

Well Malak was a dark side guardian, Kreia was a dark sided counselor. A "jack of all trades" not overwhelming in any 1 area, skilled in all (aka dark/sith sentinal) would have us not retreading the same ground. I could see an assassin, but I really wouldnt' like them being like nihilus either.

Rev: I could see summoning the dead enemies from K1 & K2 as force ghosts, but as fully alive again that didnt' really work for me either.

"If force is the game, the murderer wins over the pickpocket." Ayn Rand

"Justice is the midpoint between being treated unjustly, and treating others unjustly." Aristotle
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #33
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Quote:
A non-Sith boss. Please.
I was just about to say that. Unless they can make them interesting. Most of the Sith are just such boring enemies. Malak anyone? I was so disappointed when they turned Kreia into a common-or-garden Sith, they could have done so much more with the shades of grey dynamic of TSL.
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #34
Jvstice

I also kind of like the idea i heard somewhere on here about having Bastilla being the final villian. Revan jilted her, and it's entirely possible she'd want to take apart all he worked to create, whether that would be a sith empire or the rebuilt old republic.

"Justice is the midpoint between being treated unjustly, and treating others unjustly." Aristotle
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #35
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I just like to have less Planets, it leads to less of Collect these things to get to the end.

If you compare many RPG's to its core idea, they're pretty much the same...
Collect 4 to 5 StarMaps/ Old Jedi Masters...

If things would take place in a more closed area, perhaps we could get a more horror story in SW. I'd like to see some real changes, or a real differant way of approaching things.

Another crazy start would be to let the story continue/ end even if you fail the big main quest.

Looking back to K1 you still needed to fight Malak as DS or LS, what would the story look like if your character dies... why wouldn't you continue playing with the rest of the party.

Many of them have serious reasons to do so.

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #36
Jvstice

That would be an interesting twist.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:51 PM   #37
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
The Villain has to be someone who will always bring conflict within the PC. The Villain or Villains have to help move the story so we can all enjoy the ride, which is story telling.

As for the topic on having it about something other then collecting objects or Jedi, it can be done. The key is not the objects but what emotional pull it has on the plot and main character. The plot has to be character driven. Kotor1 did a great job of that around the PC’s story. Kotor2 did a better job with the party members, but it lacked the strong plot around the PC. All kotor2 had to do was a CGI movie of the battle on Malachor V when Revan commanded that the Jedi exile to use the weapon. We have to see the horror which the Exile felt. Since this was not shown, you really don’t feel connected to the Exile like you did with Revan.

Logan

Kotor: Revenge of Revan
http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186405
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #38
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
Having an alien that hates humans would round it out.
As long as he's not called Saren...

No offense, you're proposing something as worth and valuable as every one else, but if we're going to stay with the clichés, then why not keep the Sith boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quanon
Looking back to K1 you still needed to fight Malak as DS or LS, what would the story look like if your character dies... why wouldn't you continue playing with the rest of the party.
There's a game, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, a nonsense strategic RPG where, depending of the boss that kills you, a ending with the credits rolling and a triumphant music will be played.

Of course it's not the same, but I think that this wouldn't work well with KotOR, seeing as how your character is *you* on the game.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #39
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
Rev: I could see summoning the dead enemies from K1 & K2 as force ghosts, but as fully alive again that didnt' really work for me either.
Yeah, I mean killing all of the enemies that you have already killed, would definately be difficult. As non-agressive force ghosts, now that is a whole different idea. Maybe this boss could show you the force ghosts of all the people/creatures that you have killed. That might be an interesting twist...

Old 03-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #40
Corinthian
Banned

Here's how it should go.

The team has just downed the apparent main boss, they're doing the backslapping and we won crap, when suddenly, a colossal guy rips out of the ground and screams "I AM GOING TO DESTROY THE GALAXY! FEAR MY GENERIC MOTIVES!"
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Ideas for main villain.