lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Save our environment!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #41
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
It seems Thomas Edison accidentally missed that one then...
Well... We are too dependent of electricity to get rid of it, and I can think of no other substitute... so... I guess we'll end up killign ourselves with our own technology... unless if a sulution for power better than electricity is invented. I doubt electricity will kill us as fast as fossil fuels will though...

(What about antimatter or dark matter? We're a long way off from that, but aren't those two massive power sources?)

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #42
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious
(What about antimatter or dark matter? We're a long way off from that, but aren't those two massive power sources?)
Antimatter is a negatively charged amount of matter that doesn't exist in our galaxy. It is highly unstable near regular matter and could implode taking a ton of nearby matter with it

"There's gotta be a better way to make a living"
-Kyle Katarn
DeadYorick is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #43
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Scrap that idea... I've been watching too much Startrek Enterprise... All their fancy antimatter power cores... I've got to remember, fiction, not reality...

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #44
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Antimatter is a probability but right now the problem is keeping the molecule stable. It is said that a single gram of antimatter has enough energy to power New York city for a week.

Alternative fuel sources is something we should consider looking at. Fossil fuels, the basis for our oil that makes gasoline takes thousands of year to form. Oil is formed by the decayed carcasses of animals in certain conditions. This makes sense in that all lifeforms are carbon based. At the rate we use our fossil fules, scientists are right in saying that it is a finite source of energy. The electric cars/hybrids were a step forward but of course you need to park where the juice is. The ethanol option is another step that would be beneficil. Of course there is the fact that the oil companies think they are going to lose money and they are getting stingy over that. I think alternative sources is the next step.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Kavar's Corner > Save our environment!