lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: More Jedi (At the Council)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #1
Lord2
Rookie

More Jedi (At the Council)

When the Exile is exiled, the hologram as you can/must view when you leaves Atris' hidden base. Is it possible to add more jedi to the empty chairs, it would be cool to have a full council, like the prequels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1wc2...eature=related

Also, more species too (if possible), they don't need to have any dialog, just sitting there during the flashback

Meh...
Lord2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord2
When the Exile is exiled, the hologram as you can/must view when you leaves Atris' hidden base. Is it possible to add more jedi to the empty chairs, it would be cool to have a full council, like the prequels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1wc2...eature=related

Also, more species too (if possible), they don't need to have any dialog, just sitting there during the flashback
That wouldn't be possible because of the sole reason that you'd need to find those jedi as well. Those on the council are those who you must find. And you can't just say that their dead, because Vash was dead, and you still had to find her.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Alexander the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOShazard
That wouldn't be possible because of the sole reason that you'd need to find those jedi as well. Those on the council are those who you must find. And you can't just say that their dead, because Vash was dead, and you still had to find her.
Vash was thought to be alive, and in cut-content, she was. Others could've died in the Jedi Civil War or something.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
JCarter426

And remember that Vandar was on the Council, but he died at Katarr, along with Zhar and Dorak and many others.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
And remember that Vandar was on the Council, but he died at Katarr, along with Zhar and Dorak and many others.
Lord was speaking of the Council that exiled the Exile (PC)
Go ahead and add them. But the point of the Exile's quest is to gather the remaining Jedi that remained (Zez-Kai-Ell, Vrook, Vash, Kavar, and Atris). The Exile would have to find the corpses of those Masters.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
I was getting the idea that Lord2 just wanted to have the jedi sitting there, and not have any relation to the the plot whatsoever.
Quote:
Posted by Lord2
they don't need to have any dialog, just sitting there during the flashback

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOShazard
Go ahead and add them. But the point of the Exile's quest is to gather the remaining Jedi that remained (Zez-Kai-Ell, Vrook, Vash, Kavar, and Atris). The Exile would have to find the corpses of those Masters.
No...the Exile would have to find the ones that were still alive--Zez-Kai Ell, Vrook, Vash, Kavar, and Atris.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
After the trial, T3-M4 shows the current location of each of the surviving masters. Who is to say that for each alien Jedi added to the game, there couldn't be added a picture of those "new" Jedi with the line "Perished at Katarr" or something along those lines?
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
No...the Exile would have to find the ones that were still alive--Zez-Kai Ell, Vrook, Vash, Kavar, and Atris.
Yes, but the hologram happened right after the Mandalorian Wars. How can the Hologram say that the extra masters died in the Civil War? The record didn't say Vash was dead, and she was still dead.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
JCarter426

As far as Atris knew, Vash was alive. In fact, at that point in the game she was.

But Atris knew that all the others died at Katarr--she's the one that sent them there.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Quote:
As far as Atris knew, Vash was alive. In fact, at that point in the game she was.

But Atris knew that all the others died at Katarr--she's the one that sent them there.
She didn't send them there. They hoped to find the threat that had been stalking them (Nihilus) and they all died there.
Like I said: Go ahead and put them in. It would probably make less sense then my Kreia mod idea.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
JCarter426

Atris was the one that set up the Conclave on Katarr. Ask any of the masters about it. They're all surpised that she's alive herself.

And it makes perfect sense--not only were they on the Council, but they all died before K2, so they wouldn't be mentioned in Atris' archive of living Jedi.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
Lord2
Rookie

I'm making a movie so T3 will later metion that all those Jedi died at Katarr. then of course the exile know that they are dead, and don't need to be found.

Meh...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #14
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
They would have been on Dantooine at the time, methinks, so it would be odd to see them in that scene.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
That, and that Vrook was the only member of the local Council on Dantooine that was also a member of the High Council on Coruscant, according to the comics. The Jedi Council we see in the first game are in charge of only the enclave on Dantooine. The High Council on Coruscant was in charge of the entire Jedi Order. Vrook was a member of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #16
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
Sounds easy enough...I think that I'll take a stab at it.

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #17
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
^^ Thank you Ferc Kast.

Reminder: This forum is for mod requests. Suggestions on how to improve a mod request should be concise. We have the Republic Newsfeed or Telos Tourist Bureau for more open discussion of storylines.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #18
Lord2
Rookie

I second that to thank you, Ferc.

Hmmm.. I like your name, is it from the KOTOR name generator?

Meh...
Old 03-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
Ferc Kast
Modder

@Topic: I have all the seats filled; However, I have to fix their "Orientation". Most of them are currently facing their chairs.

@Lord2: Kast is from the KotOR Name Generator...Ferc was an original name that I used for a fan fic.

EDIT: I fixed the Orientation...I just have fix the dialog file, then I'll test it to check if it works correctly.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 03-21-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inyri
They would have been on Dantooine at the time, methinks, so it would be odd to see them in that scene.
Zhar and Dorak, certainly, but Vandar was a member of the High Council, and that seemed like one important meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
That, and that Vrook was the only member of the local Council on Dantooine that was also a member of the High Council on Coruscant
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast
@Topic: I have all the seats filled; However, I have to fix their "Orientation". Most of them are currently facing their chairs.

EDIT: I fixed the Orientation...I just have fix the dialog file, then I'll test it to check if it works correctly.[/color]
Ah, I thank you as well. Who'd you put in there?

Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #21
Lord2
Rookie

If possible, could you just create a blank camera view looking at their face, or just one.. but they don't have to say something (like Zez-kai ell at 22 seconds.. video, first post)

Because I'd love to get a dialog (i'll fix the rest myself) from them. Just would do great for my movie.

EDIT:By the way.. in the video I posted, does somebody here knows where he got the robes for each master? I know it's a mod.. but I can't find it.

Meh...
Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #22
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Ah, I thank you as well. Who'd you put in there?
There's Master Zhar, Master Dorak, Master Vandar and four custom-skinned characters:
  • A Female Twi'lek (Master Aria) -reskin of the blue female Twilek
  • A Human Male (Master Kortu) - reskin of Deadeye
  • A Male Devaronian (Master Minn) -reskin of Devaronian
  • A Human Female (Master Ora) -reskin of Shaleena

I just played through the cutscene (without adding the new dialog). I apparently was wrong in my coordinates for the chairs (the new Council members aren't sitting on the chairs all the way)...Could someone PM me the coordinates from right in front of the soon to-be-filled chairs? (I do have the Orientation set correctly, however.)

EDIT: @Below -I used something similiar to that...but I was off by a little bit.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 03-22-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Typed Master Dorak twice accidently...
Old 03-22-2008, 06:15 AM   #23
Robespierre

Well you'd need the WhereamI armband and use the simple "warp" command to whichever module the council scene uses.

But I don't know which one that is...

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
Dan Loto
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord2
If possible, could you just create a blank camera view looking at their face, or just one.. but they don't have to say something (like Zez-kai ell at 22 seconds.. video, first post)
Can't you just warp there and look at them in first person? This mod seems very interesting though.

Dan Loto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 06:47 PM   #25
JCarter426

Nope, warping just takes you to the cutscene.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
There's Master Zhar, Master Dorak...
Those two wouldn't be there as they were not members of the High Council.

Do the comics say anything about who was on the High Council at that time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #27
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Maybe they got transfered to dantooine at their own request, because of what happened there with the Exile?

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 09:50 PM   #28
Ferc Kast
Modder

Quote:
Do the comics say anything about who was on the High Council at that time?
I just looked and found out the following from here:
Quote:
Many of the Councilors at Dantooine were on the High Council.
I'm taking Wookieepedia's word for it since only canon material is allowed on its' site...or so they say.

@Topic: I'm still fixing their coordinates in front of the empty chairs.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #29
greggomonkey
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
well when you have visas with you she says that she felt vash die shortly after you got there

Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak
greggomonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #30
Koopa-on-Fire
Rookie

Quote:
Nope, warping just takes you to the cutscene.
If you warp to an in-game cutscene, you can end it by typing "warp" and then a module name that DOESN'T exist. It'll exit out of the cutscene dialog.

I can break these cuffs!
Koopa-on-Fire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #31
JCarter426

Ah, it worked! Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Well, now that I know that (and thus can get coordinates) I'm going to take a shot at it as well. I can't seem to find Dorak or Zhar, though.

EDIT 2: Got it. Some other problems, though.

Last edited by JCarter426; 03-23-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
Ferc Kast
Modder

Update: I'm testing one last set of coordinates; Afterwards, I'm going after the dialog & cameras attached to it.

Assuming the worst, I should be done by the end of this week.

EDIT: I fixed the coordinates and Orientations; Now, on to the dialog.

Last edited by Ferc Kast; 03-23-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
For the dialogue, you could have a 'Master X: deceased, killed on Katarr', 'Master Y: deceased, killed on...' You get the idea that way you would explain why the Exile is only going to see Vrook et al... Perhaps you could have your female twilek Master comment that Vandar would be most displeased with the verdict or some such.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #34
HdVaderII
I am le sad.

Current Game: Dark Forces. Yeah.
Hehe. Master Vandar disagreed, and he died. Why couldn't you find any masters who want you to be a jedi?

Are you one of those poor Macintosh gamers that are in the possession of Empire at War, yet because of the scarcity of Mac players out there you have nobody to play against? If you are, PM me if you want to set up a game.
HdVaderII is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #35
Ferc Kast
Modder

I made the dialog; But, the program(Kristy Kistic's dialog editor program) keeps closing on me whenever I try to save...Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Old 03-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #36
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I made the dialog; But, the program(Kristy Kistic's dialog editor program) keeps closing on me whenever I try to save...Any suggestions as to what I should do?
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...105_Beta;54513

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
Lord2
Rookie

Sounds like a really weird problem, but I hope you have solved it by now. If not maybe Jonathan's link is worth a try...

Meh...
Old 03-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #38
jedi7000nathan

Current Game: Kotors 1 and 2
Quote:
There's Master Zhar, Master Dorak, Master Vandar and four custom-skinned characters:
  • A Female Twi'lek (Master Aria) -reskin of the blue female Twilek
  • A Human Male (Master Kortu) - reskin of Deadeye
  • A Male Devaronian (Master Minn) -reskin of Devaronian
  • A Human Female (Master Ora) -reskin of Shaleena

I just played through the cutscene (without adding the new dialog). I apparently was wrong in my coordinates for the chairs (the new Council members aren't sitting on the chairs all the way)...Could someone PM me the coordinates from right in front of the soon to-be-filled chairs? (I do have the Orientation set correctly, however.)

EDIT: @Below -I used something similiar to that...but I was off by a little bit.
add a sullastun and duros
jedi7000nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #39
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
What about adding a few jedi just standing in the back ground?

I mean, this is a jedi suspected of falling to the darkside.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #40
memarik

Current Game: Elder Scrolls IV
yeah Danyael27 is kinda right

Mandalorian Mod Revival -
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196617

Team Mandalore -
http://mandaloretheshadow.webs.com/index.htm

"You listen to Cassus Fett, and your son's sons will have nothing to do—because you'll have conquered everything!"
―Cassus Fett to Gormer
memarik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > More Jedi (At the Council)