lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [WIP:K2] The Sith Lords Content Restoration
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Pikmin

[WIP:K2] The Sith Lords Content Restoration

Welcome!

I, Pikmin, would like to introduce The Sith Lords Content Restoration witch after careful consideration and discussion with the prominent members of the former (xxxTExxx) has taken on the object of K2RP, that is: to restore as much of the content that TG isn't while still keeping a coherent story.

In secrecy, I have finished and started work on more restorations.

So it comes with great pleasure, to announce that I in collabaration with the former TE members(excluding DB) and the M4-78RP have prepared this presentation for you.

F.A.Q.

Q: Will this have any effect on M4-78's progress?

A: No it wont. Just as with TE, work is shared between the two entities only when scenes have simular goals or content is used in both.

Q: What wont you be restoring?

A: The ability to kill the sisters during the first Telos visit, Atris' Sith uniform and some other minor things.

Q: Will Bao-Dur and Hanharr have endgame resolutions?

A: YES!!!!!

Q: When will TSLCR be done?

A: A month or two after TSLRP is released.

Q: Will you keep us up to date on proceedings?

A: I will, bi-weekly or once monthly updates with screenies will be produced, as long as I have the time.

Q: Can I join the team?

A: Currently there is no team, this is a closed collabaration between myself, DSTONEY, swfan and a few others. You can sign on as a beta tester though.

Q: Whats your website/forums?

A: In your head...

really though this thread is my "forum"

Progress Complete:

-Dantoine: 90%
-Dxun: 100%
-Ebon Hawk: 49%
-Korriban: 100%
-Malachor: 5%
-Nar Shaddaa: 75%
-Onderon: 100%
-Prologue: 100%
-Ravager: 25%
-Telos: 35%
-Other: 70%

-Overall: 69%

Update! What is Restored.PDF

Media:

Blu Tinted Jedi Master
Flying lessons
Who took the hags hat?

Enjoy

Last edited by Pikmin; 06-11-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Pikmin is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
goldberry
Forumite

Another restoration project? I hope you've looked over things carefully as to whether it's perfectly compatible with everything from Team Gizka, cause if it's not I know which I'm choosing :P

On a lighter note, it is a good thing to see a community project here and there. Hope it works out for you.

goldberry is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Commander Clone
Lurker

I'm interested in beta-testing, when you get that far with the project.
Commander Clone is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Thumbs up

Great to hear that someone is willing to continue TE's work. It also seems that you have a good approach at it. I wish you all the good luck!

My two little (ok, not really) questions:
1. Will you be restoring Fassa is Toydarian thing and stuff like that? I'm asking this since I think it's pretty pointless (no offence but why change sth that isn't broken/bad and doesn't need to be restored?) and time-wasting.
2. Any chance for Hanharr saving the player at Malachor content being restored? I'm a huge Hanharr lover and I think more people would appreciate the ability to see in game what happens to Hanharr if you have him in your party.

Keep up your work and thank you!
Sharen Thrawn is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Mikekatarn
Rookie

Will definately be an excellent mod cant wait for it to come out

"You'll find I'm full of surprises."
―Luke Skywalker, dueling with Darth Vader
Mikekatarn is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
I am glad that someone is continuing Team Exile's project. I hope this team won't fall apart as it did last time. I wish you good luck in your modding...err...restoring.

(P.S. I hope you guys will allow me to continue the work on making the Hanharr into a Jedi restoration.)

Ferc Kast is offline   you may:
Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Pikmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharen Thrawn
My two little (ok, not really) questions:
1. Will you be restoring Fassa is Toydarian thing and stuff like that? I'm asking this since I think it's pretty pointless (no offence but why change sth that isn't broken/bad and doesn't need to be restored?) and time-wasting.
2. Any chance for Hanharr saving the player at Malachor content being restored? I'm a huge Hanharr lover and I think more people would appreciate the ability to see in game what happens to Hanharr if you have him in your party.
1: No, since it is pointless.

2: Yes! If Hanharr joins you and HK-47 shows up with his newer models, subsequently blowing up Malachor, then you will have that cutscene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry
Another restoration project? I hope you've looked over things carefully as to whether it's perfectly compatible with everything from Team Gizka, cause if it's not I know which I'm choosing.
The content I'm restoring will be compatible with TG, things that DB planned that aren't compatible are not being restored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferc Kast
(P.S. I hope you guys will allow me to continue the work on making the Hanharr into a Jedi restoration.)
No, I've already updated/finished that.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
Malpense
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikmin
No, I've already updated/finished that.
*Groan* No offense, but that particular piece of cut content is so stupid. I was crying everytime someone mentioned it on the Team Exile forums...

I would kiss you if you'd just not include that... let Ferc Kast do it! I'm begging you!
Malpense is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
Robespierre

Quote:
*Groan* No offense, but that particular piece of cut content is so stupid. I was crying everytime someone mentioned it on the Team Exile forums...
At least Atris's Sith robes aren't going to make an appearance...

"We must use daring, daring and more daring." - Georges Jacques Danton
Robespierre is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #10
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
2: Yes! If Hanharr joins you and HK-47 shows up with his newer models, subsequently blowing up Malachor, then you will have that cutscene.
What about the situation if Malachor is NOT blowed up? There wasn't any mention about Hanharr's fate if he's in your party and MV is not destroyed in the game's files. Are you going to do sth about it? Would be great IMO

Ohh and a question about Atris. It's great to know that you're not going to restore her Disney-kinda-Snow-Queen robes, but have you thought about making a custom DS model for her? It could be a simple reskin, with a little zombie-ish face and/or burned/dirrty clothes, stuff like that. But I think it would be good to actually make Atris corruption visible.

These are only my suggestions. Keep up doing your great work!

My 'KotOR II: TSL' mods: | Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox | WIP: | M4-78 Enhancement Project | :: visit our official website ::

- Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today! -
Old 03-27-2008, 10:54 AM   #11
Pikmin

No, creating a ending for Hanharr is the devil's work.

If you are really against the Hanharr as a Jedi thing, then I guess I could not include it. I only reallly corrected grammer and added a few dialog lines.

Most of the content is stuff that adds to the realisim of the story and the events in the game.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #12
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
I myself really like being able to make Hanharr a jedi.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
Sharen Thrawn
Rookie

Quote:
No, creating a ending for Hanharr is the devil's work.
Thanks for the info. Good luck on restoring the one when he saves the player then. I can imagine how hard it's going to be!

My 'KotOR II: TSL' mods: | Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox | WIP: | M4-78 Enhancement Project | :: visit our official website ::

- Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today! -
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Thank you! I am so happy that someone has taken this project back up again, as I have recently played my gave with K2RP and loved it to death. I have been hoping that someone would continue this project if nothing else than to ensure full compatibility with TSLRP.

So have you built on the progress that K2RP has made so far or simply started over from scratch? Because I noticed that one thing they restored -- Atris' Sith uniform -- you said would not be restored in your version. Did you simply remove it? (In that case, I'll need to know which files from K2RP handle that part as I loved it. What about the other handmaidens in their black uniforms? Is that still in there?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
Exile007

Current Game: Zelda Majora's Mask
Nice work, I wish you the best of luck on this restoration! Oh yeah, will you be restoring Atris becoming Darth Traya at Malachor, or did that get axed?
Exile007 is offline   you may:
Old 03-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #16
Pikmin

@ Zerimar Nyliram: For the atris uniform change you can download the file called Darth atris on Kfiles.

@ Exile007: Atris as Traya, hmm the real reason for hiring certain people is to get this in properly.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #17
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about that mod.

Okay, maybe I should ask the following question: Are the any bits of restored content that K2RP has already restored that will not be restored by you guys? If that's the case, perhaps others can create mods to restore those things.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #18
Robespierre

Atris as Traya...not a good ending IMO. Redemption and Kreia don't go together in my book. Which I suppose is why the ending was cut in the first place.

But hey, I'm not on the team. Do as you will.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #19
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
...Those things weren't restored by K2RP.

Quote:
Old 03-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #20
Exile007

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony636
Atris as Traya...not a good ending IMO. Redemption and Kreia don't go together in my book. Which I suppose is why the ending was cut in the first place.

But hey, I'm not on the team. Do as you will.
We never know what truly happened with Obsidian and Atris as Traya. For all we know Kreia could really have felt redeemed and realized the wrongs in her doings. At the end of the game she didn't sound very redeemed to me.

I'd also like some more variety at the end of the game.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #21
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Wasn't Exile supposed to fight Kreia on Telos and Atris on Malachor?

At least thats what i heard.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #22
Exile007

I believe that Atris was fought both on Telos and Malachor V. I'm not sure though.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #23
Robespierre

Danyael27 is right. The Exile was supposed to fight Kreia on Telos, and then Traya (now Atris) would be at the core.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #24
Pikmin

Ok, here goes:

If the player triggers the alternate ending then Kreia intiates MORE cut content during the final jedi master scene, then knocks out the player then goes to fight Atris whom is meditating her dark paths. Kreia intiates a mock fight with Atris, and allows her to win. When you arrive you talk to Kreia and take her on board and place her in the medical bay thinking she is injured. Then you finish Telos and Nar Shaddaa and then goto Mal V. On Mal V it plays out mostly as usual except for some "new" cutscenes, then After the player defeats atris, Kreia pops in has more dialog and then the final party member cutscenes and then the end.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
Miles Edgeworth
Rookie

Quote:
Then you finish Telos and Nar Shaddaa and then goto Mal V.
Nar Shaddaa? Do you mean the Ravager?

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" -John Locke
"No terminal can match my l33t hax0r skillz!" -Scorch
Miles Edgeworth is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #26
richard-rac
Lurker

not ravager he meant the Genoharadan quest i think (the one restored by TSLRP)
richard-rac is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #27
Pikmin

Yes, I was refering to the Geno quest.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #28
Exile007

Wait so when do you fight the Genoharden, I thought that was on Nar Shaddaa.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #29
Sithspecter
Big things are coming...

Current Game: Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries
Contest winner - Modding Forum Veteran Veteran Modder LFN Staff Member 
Pikmin, please let Ferc do the Hanharr into jedi restoration. He's been working on it for a while, and it would mean a lot to him.

Sithspecter is offline   you may:
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #30
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Yes, Pikmin.

Please let Ferc do it.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #31
JFSOCC
Rookie

TSLRP has restored the genoharadan.
JFSOCC is offline   you may:
Old 03-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #32
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Why couldn't the previously mentioned Hanharr restoration be released as a separate mod - designed to work with Pikmin's project (and of course the TSLRP)? That way everyone can pick and choose if they want it or not. . .

Personally I wouldn't want to see the cutscene unless it involved some good camera shots and utilized his Hanharr's animations to great effect. IMHO, this should be an optional feature - no offense to Ferc Kast intended.
Sith Holocron is offline   you may:
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #33
Jyuanii
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony636
Danyael27 is right. The Exile was supposed to fight Kreia on Telos, and then Traya (now Atris) would be at the core.
Sorry but that's totally speculation. There's no evidence in the Atris as Traya ending that:

1) Kreia would be redeemed.
2) You would fight Kreia.

All that exists is this:

1) Kreia travels to meet Nihilus, instead of Atris.
2) Kreia breaks the bond between her and the Exile. (Presumably because she has no need of it and it would only endanger the life of the Exile. It's entire purpose was to force the Exile to confront her on Malachor).
3) Dialogue between the Exile and Atris before the Jedi Council is murdered by Kreia.
4) Atris' lines as Traya.

Last edited by Jyuanii; 03-29-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Jyuanii is offline   you may:
Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #34
Robespierre

I only said that because that was what Team Exile originally planned to do.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #35
Pikmin

Ferc can do the Hanharr/Jedi mod, even if it was going to be included in TSLCR he could still do it. Nothing is really preventing him from doing it.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #36
The Betrayer
Forumite

Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
I can't wait! Remember though, perfection cannot be rushed!

OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may:
Old 03-30-2008, 07:29 AM   #37
Will_990
Lurker

If this restoration project does enhance TSLRP, then I will gladly applaude the new team. :-) Many thanks for your efforts so far, Pikmin, I do have a question though: Will all of your currently restored contents on filefront, like Kreia's arrival restored etc., be integrated into one big file?
Will_990 is offline   you may:
Old 03-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #38
Pikmin

Most of the files I have previously released are already integrated. The Kreia's Arrival scene is actually in TSLRP.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #39
raven the jedi
Lurker

Pikmin will TSLCR be fully compatible with Darth Stoney's M4-78 mod?
raven the jedi is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #40
Pikmin

Considering that part of TSLCR is only available through DStoney's M4-78 mod...

Yeah 100% compatible.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > [WIP:K2] The Sith Lords Content Restoration