lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sith Lord Lightsaber Mod Idea
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Darth Visillius
Rookie

Sith Lord Lightsaber Mod Idea

I played through TSL recently and went back to playing K1 again, and something bothered me.
When you return to Dxun in TSL you have to go through Freedon Nadds tomb to try and stop the little random ceremony they had going on there.
My point is that upon completion of this tomb, you're awarded with Freedon Nadds lightsaber.
In K1, however, you go through the tombs of Ajunta Pall, Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, and Naga Sadow, and all you get for show are Naga Sadows poison blade, and the Ajunta Pall sword (unless you give it to Shaardan)
Why wouldn't these Great Sith Lords be buried with their sabers?
Either way, I was wondering if someone would do (or has done) a mod to rectify this situation, giving these Sith Lords lightsabers as well as their little vibroblades.
As always, thanks for reading, and I appreciate the communities support.

In the absence of orders, find something: and kill it.
--General Ramal
Darth Visillius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
Master_Crush
Rookie

Location: Currently observing Gordon Freeman as he attempts to reach the Borialis
You can get his saber!

You go and loot his coffin!

Last edited by Master_Crush; 04-01-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Master_Crush is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
Umm, Mastr_Crush? The only saber you can get in the tombs in K1 is the Ceremonial Saber in Naga Sadows tomb.

I actually really like this idea.

I hope someone can do this.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Master_Crush
Rookie

Location: Currently observing Gordon Freeman as he attempts to reach the Borialis
WHOOPS!

Sorry read your post wrong!

Thought you were after the Freedon Nadd L/S.

Master_Crush is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #5
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

This mod wouldn't all that difficult if you used hilts from other mods, if you got permission of course.

If you get that, all you'd really need to do is edit the content of each tomb to include the saber.

My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Darth Visillius
Rookie

That would be great, unfortunately I'm not computer savvy enough to do this.

--General Ramal
Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #7
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Then let's hope someone decides that this is a good idea and decides to make it.

I know i'm hoping for it.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Borderlands
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
You seem to know exactly how to go about it -- why don't you give it a try?

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I never said that.

I just hope that someone who can do this decides to do it.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
Erronis
Rookie

There are a few problems with your idea. First off, Adjunta Pall was never a "Sith" He was one of the Dark Jedi Exiles that conquered a primitive korriban after the Hundred Year War. Back then, lightsabers needed a bulky battery pack that hung from the belt and tethered to the lightsaber itself. Pall likely abandoned the use of his “Jedi” lightsaber for the easier to handle Energy Sword. After many generations, The Dark Jedi had completed interbred with the sith primitives on Korriban. Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, and Ludo Kresh were half breeds with an affinity with the force, but they didn't carry a lightsaber because it was a forgotten technology by that point.
That having been said, Tulak Hord was an exceptional lightsaber duelist and rightly deserves a lightsaber in his tomb.

Don't get me wrong, if you don't care about the anachorisms, then by all means, Make the mod. Sorry if I came off strong. I really intended to explain the faults, not condemn the idea. If this mod is made then, Great! If I knew anything about scripting, I would make it myself.

Last edited by Erronis; 04-02-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Erronis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Hawkstrong16

I'm liking the idea for this mod.
I agree with Erronis, Tulak Hord needs a lightsaber in his tomb, he was the best duelist of his time, probably better then everyone else since then!

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Darth Visillius
Rookie

You make a valid point, erronis, I havent been much of a "Star Wars History" fan, so I hadn't even known about that. Thank you for bringing it up, however, and I appreciate it.

With that being said, I would certainly like to see Tulak Hord have a lightsaber in his tomb. And to be honest, I wouldn't even care if someone took a normal lightsaber, renamed it, added a bit of damage to it (Much like the Revans Lightsaber Mod) and threw that bad boy in his tomb.

Again, thanks for the history lesson, and remember, any criticism is constructive criticism.

--General Ramal
Old 04-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
Alexander the Great

Yep, Ragnos, Sadow, and Kresh didn't have laser-swords. Ragnos used his h4x0r staff, and the other two used voodoo.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Hey, maybe Quanon would let you use his saber Malice from the K1 USM mod.

The mod itself isn't finished though the saber is.

Edit: Just thought i'd add the link to Quanons post that contains pics of the saber called Malice. (If this is supposed to be a Dark Jedi saber, i hope Quanon changes the blade color to something more dark.)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....&postcount=162

Last edited by Danyael27; 04-01-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #15
Darth Visillius
Rookie

I'll certainly ask him about it, though, once again I'm not computer savvy enough to actually do the Mod.

--General Ramal
Old 04-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Erronis
Rookie

I'm not exactly a Star Wars "Historian," I just like the old republic time frame. Everything else is kind of boring. Wow....Luke....wow. What fun.

Whoa! Revan! Awesome! Sith lords that aren't old a nasty...Bonus!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #17
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Is the tomb of Tulak Hord the only tomb in which we find saber crystals?

If so, it would make sense that he had a saber.

(You'll have to excuse the question. Its been over a month since i've played Korriban.)

Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #18
Darth Visillius
Rookie

Korriban certainly is a good planet to play, my personal favorite.
Back to reality though.
I basically hate star wars with an unbridled passion. I'm actually relatively annoyed with how 'powerful' luke skywalker is, when we all know that the coolest thing he did was get his hand cut off.
Sorry to offend those who love star wars, personal opinion.
but much like Erronis I loves me some Old Republic. Exar Kun, Exile, Revan, Bane. . .those are sith lords.

Anyways, tomorrow when I get back I'll try to get a hold of Quanon about the Saber Mod.
I think, though, that Tulaks is the only one with saber crystals.

with that being said, we need more sith lord tombs.
Yep, I said it.

--General Ramal
Old 04-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

There are a couple of mods that add new tomds to the game.

Two come to mind: Exar Kuns Tomb (This tomb is on yavin 4 though), and the Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest (This tomb is on Korriban).

Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM   #20
Darth Visillius
Rookie

yeah, those are great mods too. I just played through Yavin IV for the first time today, actually.
Anyways, I just meant that I'm a huge added content fan, and I love seeing new tombs.

Anyways, Idea:
Understandably the three (ajunta pall, Marka Ragnos, and Naga Sadow) can't have sabers, but what about robes?
I really enjoy the Exar Kun robes in Master Zionosis (correct me if I'm wrong) tomb of Exar Kun.
Think that would fly?

--General Ramal
Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #21
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

That might work.

It would make sense that we would be able to find more than the itmes allready there.

A robe and weapon(to those that don't allready have weapons), seems like a good idea to me.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
Erronis
Rookie

The Sith Academy students must have been complete simps. None of them explored any significant area of the tombs. That was there home for God's sake. No, they just sit around all day sifting through the sand. Then, out of the blue, a reject Jedi amnesiac with a childish crush on a stuck up prude comes along and just walks through them like it was nothing. If someone makes this mod, they should also add some serious challenges to overcome. I want the prize to be hard won. I guess I can't really make any demands though as I can't script yet. I am however working on a wearable Nihilus mask. Call it Tit for Tat. And a bit of an addendum; Revan was way better than I just made him out to be. I just wanted to drive my point. Bastila was a prude though.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #23
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Hmm, adding more Dark Jedi to the tombs might be a good idea.

They could command any beast in the tombs, much like the sith tried in Freedon Nadds tomb in TSL.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #24
Erronis
Rookie

I'm thinking Terentateks. Strong, force immune, and cuddly...wait, wait, scratch that last bit. They are not cuddly.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:11 AM   #25
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Thats true.

However, aren't they a bit big to fit inside the hallways of the tombs?

The other two need a big room to make a decent fight.

The third can't walk up the bridge inside the cave due to being too big.

A lot of smaller beasts and Dark Jedi would at least fit inside the hallways.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #26
Erronis
Rookie

Sadly, you are right about the Terentateks. But I don't agree about the dark Jedi. If there were dark Jedi in the tomb, then why wouldn't they claim to treasures for themselves. I think the "human" element should be excluded. Maybe a lot of leveled beasts would be challenging enough to pass my time. I mean that.....a lot of beasts. It would explain why the powerful sith students didn't explore the ruins any further than they did.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #27
Darth Visillius
Rookie

It's been awhile, but I think that Tulak Hords (?) tomb is the one with all the Robots, instead of having them all as mark 1-3 they make them them harder and much deadlier mark 6 series, and level them up. That's efficient, adds a challange, and would explain why the little kiddies stayed out of the tombs they knew they were to weak to fight through.

--General Ramal
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM   #28
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

I think the tomb of Marka Ragnos is the one with the robots.

Erronis: I actually got the idea of the dark jedi from the Exar Kuns tomb mod. If they can be there, why not hide inside Tulaks tomb to guard that one as well?

Last edited by Danyael27; 04-02-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #29
Erronis
Rookie

Tulak Hord's tomb is the one with the old Sith Academy master. The guy who tortures you and Mekel. It's a small tomb to begin with, but the tomb can be extended past that part to include the "Real" tomb.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #30
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

It turns out that Ajunta Pall did have a lightsaber.

Acording to Wookiepedia that is.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ajunta_Pall

Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #31
Erronis
Rookie

I never said he didn't. He had one of the bulky ones with a battery pack. He would not have needed it against the primitive sith so he wouldn't have used it. It would have fallen into disrepair and eventually scrapped. Then he would adopt a more compact easier to use energy sword. simular to the ones Sadow and Kresh used against each other after Ragnos' death.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Ah well, i just mentioned it because it looked like he had a saber attached to his belt in a pic i found of him (though i found it on wookiepedia so it might not actually be him).

Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #33
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I remember reading somewhere, that lightsabers weren't common amongst the Sith until the Hyperspace war, about 1,000 years before KOTOR. Ajunta Pall, if i remember correctly, lived about 1000 before that war?

That, and as Erronis says about the primitive lightsabers, would probably be a reason why the Sith Lords don't have lightsabers in their tombs.

I could kind of understand having one for Tulak Hord, but I think that when he died (or was killed), someone probably took it, hoping to match his expertise.

Just my two cents, anyway.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #34
Erronis
Rookie

The picture of Adjunta Pall is from "The Essential Guide to the Force." It's canon. And in that picture, you can see the battery pack attached to his belt. Since nothing before the Great Hyperspace War has been written in any official capacity, Everything about Adjuna pall's lightsaber is just conjecture on my part.

Kaine: I think that if anyone would have taken Hord's lightsaber, they would also have taken his crappy mask and the saber crystals he left behind. Actually, now that I think about it, he was one of the Jedi that was exiled after the Hundred Year Darkness. So his lightsaber may have shared the same fate as Adjunta's. Wow, Bioware packed a suprising amount of historical detail into this game.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #35
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Right, this is all fascinating, but can we keep the discussion on the actual mod itself? Good that you want to go for historical accuracy and what not, but please, keep it relevant to the forum it's in, please.

Thanks.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #36
Jacob Dakari
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Nine
Right, this is all fascinating, but can we keep the discussion on the actual mod itself? Good that you want to go for historical accuracy and what not, but please, keep it relevant to the forum it's in, please.

Thanks.
You just got pwned.

If you guys actually want this done, then I'll do it. It won't take too long, and it won't be too hard either. ((just don't expect any new hilt or anything))
Jacob Dakari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Permission will hopefully be granted for the use of Malice.

I personally think it would be best to wait untill we know if we have permission or not.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #38
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Borderlands
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
I personally think it would be best to wait untill we know if we have permission or not.
We? I thought you didn't mod.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #39
Darth Visillius
Rookie

haha, apparently the mod idea was just, if so many people want to back it.
Thanks for that.

Anyways, I had another suggestion, (mind you I'm ignorant when it comes to star wars history) I personally think it would be cool if Tulak had TWO sabers, one of normal size and the other a short saber (they balance better for dual wielders)
Anyways, I just thought that since a lot of people in random fantasy of the blademaster persuasion dual wielded that it would be fitting.
Just a suggestion.

--General Ramal
Old 04-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #40
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Inyri, Child of God offered to do this mod.

That is what i was referreing to.

I was simply trying to help him with a bit of advice. Nothing more.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Sith Lord Lightsaber Mod Idea