lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Kotor2-TSL: Better and more likeable the more you play it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 AM   #41
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426
(Side note: they actually planned for Citadel Station to be much bigger, and didn't add the Czerka base until later. )
Quote:
Obsidian had only thirteen months, and they had to cut even more.
Quote:
(M4-78) was cut.
A game is not made of "would be's" and "what if's". Even if the game was rushed, Obsidian knew their deadend and still kept their original megalomaniac plans for K2 that they couldn't manage to complete. It's easy to blame the publisher, but the "given time" don't work with me.

I don't think you can explain in a satisfactory way, why Dantooine and Korriban are almost exactly the same as in K1.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #42
Paddythegreat
Rookie

For me tsl gets worse the more i play it, to many plot holes and i think the story is absolutly horrible compared to kotor 1.
Paddythegreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2008, 11:51 AM   #43
Balderdash
Rookie

I haven't played either game in some time now, but for me, I enjoyed TSL immensely; more so trhan K1... but it did indeed get worse each time I played it. However, I did play it over and over again anyway. I don't know if that says more about me, or more about the game.

Balderdash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #44
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
Even if the game was rushed, Obsidian knew their deadend and still kept their original megalomaniac plans for K2 that they couldn't manage to complete.
Actually, they didn't. Overnight they lost a full three months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl_Alt_Del
I don't think you can explain in a satisfactory way, why Dantooine and Korriban are almost exactly the same as in K1.
No, you're definitely right there. Dantooine and Korriban had some major problems. I wouldn't say that either is "exactly the same" as they are in K1, because it's not even close. They just look the same, but that's only one of the problems, and it's forgivable if everything else is done right--which it wasn't. Dantooine's main quest was severely lacking, and the side quests were rather dull. And Korriban was just too short to be a planet on its own (understandable, as it wasn't meant to be, but that doesn't make it all right).

On a related note, I couldn't stand Dantooine or Korriban in K1 either. In fact, I'd say that K1's Dantooine is actually worse.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #45
Knight Of Honor
Rookie

You people, please, you are all so demanding. What does it take to make you satisfied?

If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #46
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Honor
You people, please, you are all so demanding. What does it take to make you satisfied?
A good, complete game, K1 and TSL were good as, but TSL is too unfinished, (team-Gizka are Gods).

It would've been awesome if they includedM4-78, as that's the one main thing Team-Gizka aren't doing, which is understandable as there was barely any files on the planet and some animations were cut rendering it near impossible to restore.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 12:58 AM   #47
JCarter426

Not to mention that all the quests were reused in other parts of the game. While this was a good move for the most part (the Nar Shaddaa dock quests were well done), they really should have cut that stupid computer puzzle instead of moving it to Goto's Yacht.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #48
Da_man
CHEATER (Apparently)

Current Game: Team Fortress 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Of Honor
Moved to THIS thread.

To get back on topic, K1 Dantooine sucked. The plot just plain sucked, and the plains would slow my computer down so much, it wouldn't work. Managed to get past it somehow. In my oopinion, Korriban in K1 was too long, but in TSL, it was waaaaaaay too short too have any meaning in the plot. The tomb in the caves is pretty cool though.

Da_man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #49
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_man
The tomb in the caves is pretty cool though.
I always thought that they could have implemented that as part of the Korriban main quest - let's face it, there's not much else to do. You go into the caves, sensing a Jedi or something, and the body you find in the tomb is Vash's apprentice, who has the key for the academy. That would have made it interesting.

Or maybe something involving Czerka and the old colony, or, instead of going back to the Sith Academy, you are sent to the Sith Temple, as there might be clues there.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Kotor2-TSL: Better and more likeable the more you play it?