lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 mod for jk2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
Agent_Katarn00

Current Game: Morrowind!
Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 mod for jk2

Hello all,I'm here to say that i will be starting the new Dark Forces II mod.
I have not heard from the df2 mod for ja and plus i don't have jedi academy anymore and i just learned how to make scripts and ext....but anywho
i have a website with all the info and read everything.The Website is:http://www.geocities.com/agent_katar...?1207507178390
As you might know now email me and tell me what you want to be a part of and i will set up everything.My E-MAIL IS agent_katarn@yahoo.com.I really hope you can be apart of this.I have already started skinning but the letdown is that i don't know how to make maps so please be in my team immediatly!
I know that this will not be a failure.
Agent_Katarn00 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
jedimike2234
Rookie

back in march,darkstarmojo,gave us a slight preview of the weapons in the df2 mod he is doing for academy.
here is the link to the thread in these forums:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186572

maybe you should pm him,as far as i know hes going to continue the mod.
are you going to do the whole game?or just selected levels?
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
DarkStarMojo

We haven't closed up shop, for one thing and I wouldn't mislead anyone into believing that the mod is still alive if it wasn't. The truth is, as slow going as things are, progress is still being made. I've already put together a demo.pk3 that contains the necessary assets for a demo release and I've picked up the remaining narshada textures and menu graphics that are the only major components missing for a full-scale demo release.

If you check the DFMod forums you'll also see that I've also mirrored links to screenshots of the weapons and there have been major internal developments (of course until things are confirmed, I'm not willing to discuss those developments openly). I've also been in contact with prospective new team members who could potentially help speed up the mapping, textures, and skinning end of the mod.

That being said, if you really feel the need to start your own version of the game, best of luck to you.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Agent_Katarn00

I will be doing the whole game i've already have some skins done.Unfortunaly i don't ja so i'm recreating it for jo but if somehow i don't know if it will work on ja.I used to have ja but it is scratched.But i will volunteer if somebody will download a skin for jk2 and try it on ja and if i works i will give you the models i have so far.I will post screenies probably in a couple days,until they have been checked for any update.Thank you so much!

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Mod Project Leader and Console and PC Gamer
Games i'm looking forward to:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
nizwiz
Rookie

Just stick to jk2, it's swordplay mechanics are way better than jk3's (as far as hit detection and AI goes); and you don't need the dual/staff animations for DF2 anyway, right? The only pity is that jk2 is somewhat harder to mod than jk3.

Luckily, some of the models for the dark Jedi have already been done, so you'll only need to ask for permission for these. As for other models, maybe you should ask some of the people involved in the JK Enhanced project; I bet most of them do also own jk2 and would love to see a port of DF2 on it; and they obviously have the skills to do the modeling part.

Last edited by nizwiz; 04-11-2008 at 10:29 PM.
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #6
Agent_Katarn00

Thanks for the tip hope sometime you can give me advice for my upcoming idea after this...JK2 enchanced, but that won't be be coming until i and who ever wants to join can finish the df2mod

Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 Mod Project Leader and Console and PC Gamer
Games i'm looking forward to:
-Red Faction Guerrilla
-Fallout New Vegas
-Diablo 3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 mod for jk2