lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Floating point exception?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
XycaleTh
Rookie

Floating point exception?!

OK, so I've compiled the server-side code for Windows, and I go to run it on a dedicated server, and it's all fine. I do the same on Linux (using Fedora 8 x86 version), compile the code to get the .so file, and then run it on a dedicated server (in Linux of course) and it runs fine again...

I try running the same .so file on a different server, and when the server loads up, I get the error: Floating point exception.

I couldn't find this error anywhere, so I'm kind of stumped as to what could be causing the problem :s
XycaleTh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Tinny

What was the OS of the other server? If it runs fine on Win and Linux it might just be missing dependencies on the third server.

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
XycaleTh
Rookie

It's a paid server, and it can also run the original server .so file (basejka) just fine, so I'm assuming it's something to do with some sort of poor coding on my behalf rather than a missing dependency. But at the moment, I'm not sure what type of 'poor coding' would cause this. I've had a case before where I'd get a segmentation fault error in Linux, which I know was caused by bad memory use somewhere in my code
Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
This is due to a bad floating point value somewhere. Possibly Inf or NaN. Might want to do a little research on the web before asking here. It will give you a better idea at what FPU Exceptions are...

Try googling the exact error after the line / file

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
XycaleTh
Rookie

Well I think I've fixed the problem. I was using gcc4 before, but using gcc3 seems to fix the problem Thanks for helping though guys
Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
gcc4 should be fine. Might not have the settings configured properly or not using a good setup with flags that work with 4.

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Coding > Floating point exception?!