lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Visas Marr Reskin
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Visas Marr Reskin

This is just a simple tweak of Visas's skin I made. The changes are explained properly in the readme, or you can just look at the screenies. It's nothing major, or under-awesome, but it's an improvement over the default textures, I think. I reskinned her Dark Side transitions, as well as her regular texture, and I also made custom portraits to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readme
================================================== ====
KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION
================================================== ====

AUTHOR: Marius Fett
EMAIL: {Snip} -RH
NAME: Visas Marr Reskin

FILENAME: mf_visasreskin
DATE RELEASED: 18/04/09

DESCRIPTION: This is just a simple tweak of Visas Marr's textures. It changes the colour from the red, to a dark green/brown sort of colour. Yes, I know it sounds horrible, but it looks better than it sounds. =P

I have given the veil on the Dark Side Transitions the new colour too. I have also created custom portraits with the new textures, so that everything matches up.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Just copy and paste the .tga files into your Override folder. I suggest you make a new folder inside your Override, in which to put the files from this mod.

NOTE: The right hand side of the Veil looks grey in the renders from 3DS Max, but in game it is the correct colour.

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
Screenshots:

Show spoiler

DOWNLOAD

Visit the new JediKnight.net!

Last edited by RedHawke; 04-25-2009 at 05:50 AM.
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Hawkstrong16

This looks pretty sweet.. If I had TSL installed right now I would download this for sure!

But at the moment I don't have the HDD space to do this.. When I get my external I will!

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
Awesome mod Marius! Kandosii! Keep 'em coming vod!

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2009, 03:16 AM   #4
redrob41
Veteran

Current Game: just modding TSL
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
nicely done.

Personally, I prefer the original splash of contrasting burgandy, because it looks a little more dynamic, and she "pops" a bit better (doesn't fade into backgrounds). This brown colour works well in a different way. With such a dark outfit, when she's in a dark environment, she really disappears visually, and blends into the background. The only thing that remains noticable is her face, so all of the viewer's attention is drawn there, to the most important part.

You certainly like making some slick looking screenshots . The starfield is a lot more interesting than the solid grey gmax background

- Major character artist for the Revenge of Revan mod. -
- List of Completed Mods - Work in Progress Thread - Skinning Tutorial -
redrob41 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Great skin Marius! If I had the patience to play through TSL again for more than 10 minutes, I would definitely use this skin in my game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrob41 View Post
You certainly like making some slick looking screenshots . The starfield is a lot more interesting than the solid grey gmax background
The great thing with 3dsMax is that when you render something, you can add a background picture behind what your rendering. Gives it a little extra pizazz.

The moon in the background is nice added touch.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
e-varmint
Vapid Pomposticator

Current Game: Dragon Age
Helpful! 
Nicely done, Marius Fett! Ditto the moon thing.
e-varmint is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #7
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Cheers!

Welcome back..

Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Lovely. I actually didn't like Visas' original robes that much, this one's an improvement, in my opinion. Gets my download.

PSN id: BE_Miltiades

Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
ojajebie
Rookie

Awesome reskin. Thank you for your work. Gets my download as well.
ojajebie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Thanks.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
Acleacius

Thanks Marius Fett for your work on this excellent mod, downloaded but haven't made it to her yet.

Is there any chance you could do her without the veil and add eyes like this Kreia's Eyes Reskin

Unless someone knows of a Visas Eye/Veil-less mod?

Thanks for any tips or links.

Last edited by Acleacius; 01-16-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Acleacius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
GeorgNihilus
Forumite

Current Game: Skyrim
Wink Well now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
Thanks Marius Fett for your work on this excellent mod, downloaded but haven't made it to her yet.

Is there any chance you could do her without the veil and add eyes like this Kreia's Eyes Reskin

Unless someone knows of a Visas Eye/Veil-less mod?
there was an interesting Visas Marr "Unveiled" Mod from a modder called Messkell, although I can't find the link on a quick search now.

In case u want I, I can deliver ... for the proper price ...

just PM me ...

TSL Mods
Nar Shaddaa hidden complex http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef..._Complex;91257
Mandalorian camo Armors in-game http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=204159
Telos polar plateau sidequest 1.2 http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202436

KotOR Mods
A lost sith in a nameless world http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...ss_World;96040
GeorgNihilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
Acleacius

I have been using Bastila's head, since she is very nice to look at. It's too bad can't seem to get this robe (actually all) to work with a normal head. Bastila's head floats, though the Handmaiden Underwear has worked well.

Hehe, it's really odd to hear Visas voice coming out of Bastila's mouth, especially after you just played KotOR.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.
Acleacius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #14
jasm1n88
Lurker

I like this very much because i don't like her red clothes, this looks much better.
jasm1n88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

Thanks.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Visas Marr Reskin