lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Visas without head cloth
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
DarthRevan243
Banned

Visas without head cloth

I've always hated that bit of cloth that covers visas' eyes. Is there a way to get rid of it? Or replace it with hair and show the eyes?

Could it be done?
DarthRevan243 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Construct
Rookie

*No eyes*

And, uh, have you checked for a mod with this change? I bet someone has done it.
Construct is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #3
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrevan243
I've always hated that bit of cloth that covers visas' eyes. Is there a way to get rid of it? Or replace it with hair and show the eyes?

Could it be done?
The veil is a part of her; neither will exist without the other. She will not part with it.

She doesn't have a head modeled under the veil, you'd at most get an eyeless face with an empty void behind if you just removed it. Earlier this would not be feasible to fix, I don't know if recent advances in the model importer/exporter tools have changed that. If it is possible it would take some skill to do since a head model would have to be created for her from scratch.

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #4
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I'm sure someone has done such a mod, as I think I saw it.

But, as Jawk says, Visas has no eyes - that's why they put the veil over - it might be creepy I guess .
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #5
DarthRevan243
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine
I'm sure someone has done such a mod, as I think I saw it.

But, as Jawk says, Visas has no eyes - that's why they put the veil over - it might be creepy I guess.
Have a look a this picture http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/potd/88951 it has a picture of what she would look like if her head cloth was off. And yes it would be creepy. I like creepy!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I've seen those before - I really wouldn't be comfortable with an NPC with bleeding eye sockets, but that's just me.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #7
DarthRevan243
Banned

Some would like it, some wouldn't. Thats the way of the world. Maybe the worlds best skinner 90SK would have a go? Maybe someone who has the kindness to do this for me.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
Darth Kalverys
Dark Lord

I know that someone has done this... there was a slight conversation mod... she removes the veil... only that person gave her gigantic blue eyes...
Darth Kalverys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
If i remember correctly this was done by Oldflash in his Final Touch mod. (I think)

His site is down and Kotor Files has no pics of Visas.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...al_Touch;72996

Hope this helps.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rueben Shan
I know that someone has done this... there was a slight conversation mod... she removes the veil... only that person gave her gigantic blue eyes...
I've seen a few mods that gives Visas another head, but not one that lets her keep her original head and just remove the veil. It is very much doable if that is sufficient, but for me that wouldn't really be Visas any more

mt
Old 04-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Messkell made something like that and someone used it in a Picture of the Day on FileFront once.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/potd/91228

Before you ask, it went down with the ship when PCGM bit the dust.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
DarthRevan243
Banned

Crap! Is is possible to remake it since I can only script.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
Eiganjo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrevan243
Have a look a this picture http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/potd/88951 it has a picture of what she would look like if her head cloth was off. And yes it would be creepy. I like creepy!
Man, i love that picture of her. If someone would be able to make Visas with the empty sockets, id definatly download it.

For easier access here is my little modding page, even though it is still under construction -> click here
Eiganjo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #14
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Yeah, I wish someone could make it so that her veil is still a part of her clothing, much like Brianna's hood, but when you unequip the clothing you see her bare head with empty eye sockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #15
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Messkell made something like that and someone used it in a Picture of the Day on FileFront once.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/potd/91228
Oh, you mean just remove the part that covers her upper face. I thought you meant to remove her headgear entirely so she would be bare-headed.

Then it would certainly be possible, and you could probably do it through skinning alone without any model changes, if you make the texture of the part covering her face transparent.

mt
Old 04-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Eiganjo
Rookie

Or if you want the veil to be an equipable headpiece for Visas, then you could reskin one of the heads to look like her eyeless self, and have the original head displayed once you equip her veil.

For easier access here is my little modding page, even though it is still under construction -> click here
Eiganjo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I do have a copy of that mod. It's made by Meskell. If that person is still around, please have them post the mod, or I could do it for them. I won't post it until I have permission to do it. I could, however, transfer it to someone via e-mail, etc., if you want to play with it.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #18
HK-52
Rookie

I've seen visas without that, and I recommend you the Final Touch

Apology: Please sorry me for my grammar and my spelling, my translating protocols are obsolete.
(My motherlanguaje is spanish) (Mi idioma natal es el espaņol [castellano])

Kotor: Revenge of Revan MOD site: http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/
KotOR: Revenge of Revan Thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...=186405&page=1
HK-52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #19
DarthRevan243
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Strike
I do have a copy of that mod. It's made by Meskell. If that person is still around, please have them post the mod, or I could do it for them. I won't post it until I have permission to do it. I could, however, transfer it to someone via e-mail, etc., if you want to play with it.
Check PM inbox for my email. Send me the mod please! Thanks
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Modding requests > Visas without head cloth